No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I checked out the Oklahoma Nebraska game on Saturday (one of the rare times I actually watch college football) and I saw 2 guys that I am interested in.

This Prince Akamura, I think he's a stud. He has ideal size and speed, good technique, I'd LOVE to have him on the Giants. I think he can be a shut down corner, especially in a press man coverage defense.

I'm guessing by looking at him play, he's probably going to be a top 10 pick, so he's probably out of the picture for us. But man, I like him. He's going to be a nice consolation prize at CB for a team who can't get Patrick Peterson.

The other guy was DeMarco Murray. I don't know how he will grade out. He looked like a 2nd/3rd round RB to me based on several factors:

1. He doesn't have elite top end speed
    2. His vision isn't as good enough to be viewed as an elite back to me
    3. He is strong, but he can't overpower people like Turner/Greene can

For those reasons, I'd view him based on my first glimpse as a 2nd or 3rd round back. But I like him in our system. He can run inside and outside, he possesses a good lookin RB body on him, and he can catch it and run great routes.

He almost looks like a thick WR playing RB. I think with a FB and a run blocking scheme like we possess, he can be an Arian Foster like back for us. I wouldn't mind taking him either.

Thoughts?

I'm curious to know what you guys think, bc you watch a lot more college football than I do.

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts on DeMarco Murray?

Comment

• I like him but he already has a lot of wear and tear since he's been playing at Oklahoma forever. I like Leshoure on Illinois better though. I'm really not concerned with RB though I don't think we even need to take one in this draft.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          So I checked out the Oklahoma Nebraska game on Saturday (one of the rare times I actually watch college football) and I saw 2 guys that I am interested in.

This Prince Akamura, I think he's a stud. He has ideal size and speed, good technique, I'd LOVE to have him on the Giants. I think he can be a shut down corner, especially in a press man coverage defense.

I'm guessing by looking at him play, he's probably going to be a top 10 pick, so he's probably out of the picture for us. But man, I like him. He's going to be a nice consolation prize at CB for a team who can't get Patrick Peterson.

The other guy was DeMarco Murray. I don't know how he will grade out. He looked like a 2nd/3rd round RB to me based on several factors:

1. He doesn't have elite top end speed
          2. His vision isn't as good enough to be viewed as an elite back to me
          3. He is strong, but he can't overpower people like Turner/Greene can

For those reasons, I'd view him based on my first glimpse as a 2nd or 3rd round back. But I like him in our system. He can run inside and outside, he possesses a good lookin RB body on him, and he can catch it and run great routes.

He almost looks like a thick WR playing RB. I think with a FB and a run blocking scheme like we possess, he can be an Arian Foster like back for us. I wouldn't mind taking him either.

Thoughts?

I'm curious to know what you guys think, bc you watch a lot more college football than I do.
          I'm working on a short mock that I can't ever seem to finish for some reason or another. I hate when work gets in the way of play. lol. Anyways, I have you guys taking Justin Blackmon. Thoughts? Ironically, he pretty much had his way with Amakumara. I came away thinking Prince might actually be a little overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I like him but he already has a lot of wear and tear since he's been playing at Oklahoma forever. I like Leshoure on Illinois better though. I'm really not concerned with RB though I don't think we even need to take one in this draft.
            I think we could use another RB. I just don't want to spend anything in the 1st round, preferably not in the 2nd either.

I like Murray. He can catch it very well, he can run routes very well, and he looks like he has speed and power. He can cut, he's decisive, he kind of reminds me of McFadden's running style. LonghornLegends compared him to Clinton Portis, and that's actually a very good comparison.

If his stock falls bc of durability concerns plus mileage, I'd definitely take him in the 3rd.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I'm working on a short mock that I can't ever seem to finish for some reason or another. I hate when work gets in the way of play. lol. Anyways, I have you guys taking Justin Blackmon. Thoughts? Ironically, he pretty much had his way with Amakumara. I came away thinking Prince might actually be a little overrated.
            If he's BPA, I'd have no problem with it. I came away very impressed with Blackmon when watching those highlights. But it would be a luxury pick. And if we did go WR, I think we'd go after more of a speed guy than a big body guy, bc we already have that.

I like Prince. Everybody gets beat once in awhile. I think he didnt play that bad. He got burned once, and the other time he bit on a flea flicker. The rest of the game, he held him in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I think we could use another RB. I just don't want to spend anything in the 1st round, preferably not in the 2nd either.

I like Murray. He can catch it very well, he can run routes very well, and he looks like he has speed and power. He can cut, he's decisive, he kind of reminds me of McFadden's running style. LonghornLegends compared him to Clinton Portis, and that's actually a very good comparison.

If his stock falls bc of durability concerns plus mileage, I'd definitely take him in the 3rd.

If he's BPA, I'd have no problem with it. I came away very impressed with Blackmon when watching those highlights. But it would be a luxury pick. And if we did go WR, I think we'd go after more of a speed guy than a big body guy, bc we already have that.

I like Prince. Everybody gets beat once in awhile. I think he didnt play that bad. He got burned once, and the other time he bit on a flea flicker. The rest of the game, he held him in check.
              I got the RB for you BBD!

Alex Green, RB, Hawaii - 6'2", 232 pounds.

Comes from the Run 'N Shoot so going to the G-Men would be like graduate school! Probably the best receiving back prospect in the draft. Might be the best blocking back too, if not then probably the most experienced, considering how many times Hawaii steps back to pass. Not a shifty back, but he breaks arm tackles and has a nose for the endzone.

Look what he did this season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=480922

Comment

• I actually do like Murray I'm just afraid about his injury concerns. Leshoure has a lot of the same qualities as Murray.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hmmm, interesting. I gotta scout both of those guys. I'm still not in scouting mode yet, so bear with me.

Comment

• im weary of Alex Green, but he does look like a guy that could be lookin to knock some DB's out of the game once he gets into the secondary.

Comment

• If Bradshaw is resigned (as I expect he will be), then RB will not be a major need with both Bradshaw and Jacobs under contract.

Oline may not be a huge need either

We will have our starters under contract, plus we extended Koets as a backup centre and both Andrews, Beatty under contract, Petrus will be better. Even Meredith is at least as good a developmental LT prospect as most of the draft prospects.

The only one of our Oline off contract is Boothe and there is a reasonable chance he could be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                        If Bradshaw is resigned (as I expect he will be), then RB will not be a major need with both Bradshaw and Jacobs under contract.

Oline may not be a huge need either

We will have our starters under contract, plus we extended Koets as a backup centre and both Andrews, Beatty under contract, Petrus will be better. Even Meredith is at least as good a developmental LT prospect as most of the draft prospects.

The only one of our Oline off contract is Boothe and there is a reasonable chance he could be back.
                        Here's something to ponder:

What if Bradshaw would ask for roughly the same amount of money as DeAngelo Williams?

Do we go after DWill instead? I personally LOVE DWill and think he'd be a beast on our team. If the pricetag was right, I'd welcome him in Giant blue.

Personally, I hate signing any RB past his rookie contract and I'm a big believer in finding mid round guys and plug and chug, but I wouldn't be against DWill at all bc I do like his game quit a bit.

Comment

• I think the world of Dwill, but he's got an incredible amount of miles on his tires. Remember he carried the load in college for all four years and despite sharing duties with Stewart in Carolina he's ran the ball a **** ton there to. I'd be very hesitent to sign him to a big deal over Bradshaw unless the cost is roughly the same, which I seriously doubt with this being Bradshaw's lone year as the number one guy and funmble problems.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• DeAngelo has insane vision, but he looked like he lost a step this season at least to me. Maybe he played injured, but another thing to look at is the 4 backs on Carolina that have had success, their OL is pretty damn good at run blocking.

Comment

• I do think we will be looking for a mid-late round RB to replace Ware.

I think Bradshaw could be resigned for a lot less than DeAngelo Williams, but if Williams is available he is worth a look, he would be an awesome complement to Jacobs.

There are plenty of other decent RBs off contract as well including
                              James Harrison
                              Ronnie Brown
                              Leon Washington
                              etc
                              Last edited by Big_Pete; 12-13-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Needs: SLB/MLB, C, RB, OT, CB, TE, FB, DT

SLB/MLB- Bulluck doesn't look great out there, he's old, he is coming off an injury in the offseason that made the titans weary of his future, he was a stopgap this year, but the real question is: Sintim.

At MLB, Goff has done a valiant job this year, my praises go out to him for how well he's performed, but he is only an ok starter, the MLB in a team that plays aggressive defense should be more than just ok. He definitely doesn't give Fewell flexibility within the scheme.

C- O'Hara is looking like garbage, he's old, he's not getting a push in the run game, and experience isn't a great enough factor for him to keep his job. Seubert/Koets did a good enough job when they were given time, but do we want to settle for that? This draft has at least 2 prospects that could step in and be just as effective, with potential for more.

OT- Not even sure if this is a need, with Andrews emerging as a possible LT for us, and a good one, we could move Diehl in to Guard, where he performed well for a game(think only once this season). RT is definitely a possibility, but Beatty also played well, but well enough for a start?

CB- Also a question if we need one here, Aaron Ross has stepped up and im very happy with his performances in recent games. He is not really fit for a nickelback position, but has held very close coverage and nearly jumped a route twice. Can he take this a step further?

TE- I hate to say it, but im envious of the Jet's, Dustin Keller is a consistent and impressive TE who may not be great at blocking, about equal to boss, but surely provides a security blanket for his QB while still being a threat to the defense. Travis Beckum could be that kind of guy, they are very similar, but he hasn't shown much at all with Gilbride's system

FB- Hedgecock out, Pascoe in, except Pascoe is still only an average blocker. With guys like Leonard weaver or Vonta Leach out there, why can't we land one? It would greatly help the run game, there was a huge difference even with pascoe, and give us 11 useful players on the field. Pascoe is sufficient though.

DT- Cofield could leave us, and the depth behind him, Canty, Joseph, and Bernard, is not enough.

1. (*trade back into 2nd gain 3rd) Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State

2. Travis Lewis SLB/MLB Oklahoma

*3a. Noel Devine RB West Virginia

3b. Ben Ijalana RT/OG Villanova

4. Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia/Charles Brown CB North Carolina

6. Corbin Bryant DT/DE Northwestern

7. Derrick Locke RS
                                Last edited by BaLLiN; 12-28-2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information