Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
    Oh I still stand bye that. We screw around most of the game and when we get peed on pooped on and pistol whipped, then the team decides to play. Not to mention we can't rely on the refs to help us each week. That Cruz play looked like a fumble.

    Our OL stinks, and has effected our running game, and our defense can't stop the run.

    I stand by my statement 1000%! This system is terrible. Change it please someone!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      So many positive again as far as I'm concerned. The rule might suck but it was 100% the correct call.
      it was a questionable call, im not gunna say that they got it right or wrong because honestly as a fan of either team i would want the call to go my way because that was a pivotal call for the outcome of the game.

      But by giving it to the giants the game doesn't end, if you give it to arizona the game is over. Therefore the implications of calling it a fumble would be much more severe in the outcome of the game. Giving it to the giants is the closest thing to a no call (neutral) so that the refs dont decide the game.

      Comment


      • Again it was 100% the right call. The rule might be dumb as hell but they got it right.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • I thought it had to do with no being touched and the letting the ball go. On BBI someone posted the rule. But still what's the difference?

          Intentionally getting to the ground + no effort advancement = Down

          Unintentionally getting to the ground + no effort advancement = Down or not?

          Comment


          • The rule basically was going to the ground and "giving yourself up." He clearly went down thinking we was tackled.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Yeah, true he went down. But my question is if it has to be intentional. Like flat out dropping down and laying there? Or can do stumble down and just lay there? I think that's the issue, if it's intentional vs un intentional. Cruz made no effort to advance it so that's fine.

              At first I thought it was a fumble thinking he wasn't touched and thought he was.

              Plus what are the chances Cruz knew the rule? In fact on the WFAN he says he thought he got touched, lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                Yeah, true he went down. But my question is if it has to be intentional. Like flat out dropping down and laying there? Or can do stumble down and just lay there? I think that's the issue, if it's intentional vs un intentional. Cruz made no effort to advance it so that's fine.

                At first I thought it was a fumble thinking he wasn't touched and thought he was.

                Plus what are the chances Cruz knew the rule? In fact on the WFAN he says he thought he got touched, lol.
                Ohh Cruz had no idea that was the rule. Eli also said he thought it was a fumble and joked that he Cruz was taking lessons from him. The rule is the problem on that one not Cruz. I thought we were screwed as well but again the rule was the problem. They got it right.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • That's the thing I am not sure what they are looking for to say they got it right. Didn't Peirra say it was a fumble? He was pretty harsh too. What were they looking for? The not advancing it part? I agree with that, but my issue is how you go the ground? Tripping or stumbling vs just dropping down? Is there a difference? That's where I don't get.

                  Comment


                  • It was a make up call. Coughlin worked the refs hard about losing that TO.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                      That's the thing I am not sure what they are looking for to say they got it right. Didn't Peirra say it was a fumble? He was pretty harsh too. What were they looking for? The not advancing it part? I agree with that, but my issue is how you go the ground? Tripping or stumbling vs just dropping down? Is there a difference? That's where I don't get.
                      He was wrong. Read the rule and they got it right.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        It was a make up call. Coughlin worked the refs hard about losing that TO.
                        Wrong also. The rule sucks and we got lucky but the refs had it right.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Wrong also. The rule sucks and we got lucky but the refs had it right.
                          I was joking.

                          Comment


                          • Rule 7 Section 4 Article 1 (a): How to give yourself up

                            An official shall declare dead ball and the down ended:

                            (a) when a runner is out of bounds or declares himself down by falling to the ground and makes no effort to advance.

                            There it is. But Victor Cruz almost gave me a heart attack.
                            That's the rule. Still not clear..True he fell to the ground but again, intentionlly fall to the ground or not? They should make it clearer..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I was joking.
                              Usually I could tell but not on that one.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment




                              • Giantcruse
                                Sneakers O'toole : 9:14 pm
                                yes, you are. You can't make an unintentional declaration. It's impossible. The words, "declare himself down" implies deliberate action.


                                Sneakers...
                                Milton : 9:25 pm
                                Not necessarily true if you look at the whole sentence....
                                Quote:
                                declares himself down by falling to the ground and makes no effort to advance
                                First of all, it makes no distinction between accidentally falling or intentionally falling; second of all, if you are focused on the "declares" aspect of the rule, you could say that regardless of why he fell down, he declared himself down when he made "no effort to advance".
                                Someone else articulating the same thing as me..Not sure about it either way. I guess it's a judgement call.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information