Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said we did get lucky. The rule now is declares himself down. I thought he did that when he fell to the ground and got up thinking he was tackled. He was clearly not trying to advance the ball after that.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Like I said we did get lucky. The rule now is declares himself down. I thought he did that when he fell to the ground and got up thinking he was tackled. He was clearly not trying to advance the ball after that.
      Yeah I agree with we got lucky. But for the future, I want to know the rule. I thought it was an interesting case.

That's the thing, we can agree he fell to the ground. But does it have to deliberate or not? He look like he stumbled and just stayed down. I wish the rule made it more clear. I think it's pretty interesting. I had changed the channel thinking it was Arizona ball.

I thought he fell, thought he was touched and let the ball go. He even said he thought he was touched. We got lucky like you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        Yeah I agree with we got lucky. But for the future, I want to know the rule. I thought it was an interesting case.

That's the thing, we can agree he fell to the ground. But does it have to deliberate or not? He look like he stumbled and just stayed down. I wish the rule made it more clear. I think it's pretty interesting. I had changed the channel thinking it was Arizona ball.

I thought he fell, thought he was touched and let the ball go. He even said he thought he was touched. We got lucky like you said.
        Yup the rule is the problem. It says nothing about intentional or not which is why we got lucky. Even though everyone thought it was a fumble the refs really did have it right by the "spirit" of the rule.

Eli is the man though after all this. I really dislike the Giants fans that give him garbage.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like Eli and it shows he is in the wrong system for him. Notice how all of a sudden he can do well. I want to see that more. I think our OL is a big time issue, and our running game or running, smashmouth mentality is in conflict with how the OL is playing. I still hate the system now, and want a change, especially when I see these good games from Eli. He can do so much better in a QB friendly system. I know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
            I like Eli and it shows he is in the wrong system for him. Notice how all of a sudden he can do well. I want to see that more. I think our OL is a big time issue, and our running game or running, smashmouth mentality is in conflict with how the OL is playing. I still hate the system now, and want a change, especially when I see these good games from Eli. He can do so much better in a QB friendly system. I know it!
            I thought the line was fine until Baas went out. I think it's a stinger so hope he's back soon.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well...I said before the game that I don't care if we win ugly, I just want a win. I had a feeling that would be uglier than it should have been. We stole that game.

I know the call was the right call, but let's be honest, if we were Cardinal fans right now we'd be killing the refs, Whisenhunt for poor playcalling in the end, and especially their DC for calling an AWFUL final 5 minutes of the game.

We stole this game. No way around it. Arizona should have won, but they blew it for several reasons. I would put it on their DC myself, but that's just me.

No point in complaining about the system anymore. It is what it is, it's not going to magically change mid season. The only way this system changes is if Coughlin is fired. So we're running in circles talking about it.

I don't like how we got ran all over. Poor angles, poor tackling, (lots of holds by them that didn't get called), Greg Jones looked very slow out there trying to hit the edges, and our right side of our line (Osi for the most part) got abused in run defense.

Having that said, Osi came up with 2 huge sacks. Keep building up that trade value my man.

Eli was great. What's lost in that Cruz fumble/downbycontact was how great of a play it was by Eli. The guy just never gets his due. Even the amazing comback he mounted, not a peep about it.

Cruz just looks better on the outside. It seems like Mario got demoted halfway through the game after running a wrong route. To be fair though, Cruz ran the wrong route on 1 play that got Eli ticked off pretty good. Would have been a big gain. But if Eli doesn't stare him down and hits Nicks on the post instead, he would have had another touchdown on his stat sheet as well so Eli isn't completely faultless on that play.

Overall....I'm glad we escaped with the win. That's all I wanted, and that's what we got. On to the next game. This team still has a lot of work to do.

Oh and Kolb sucks. We all know that though.

Comment

• Their DC looked like such a douche. He looked like a girl who just had her hair braided on a trip to the islands or something.

Comment

• Good post BBD. I went from sorta supporting the system to complete distain for it. Every week, same ole stuff. The offense comes out like they never played football. It's brutal to watch! We see Eli now, and god I think he can be VERY productive in another system. We tried going deep again, and we saw the ball go deep and no giants player there! We can't run the ball anymore and I don't trust our OL. And can we stop running the god damn ball on 3rd and short?!?!?!? We are like the idiot kid who burns himself putting his hand to the stove, and then next day does the same thing. Can we actually break that tendency and go play action instead? Ballard has impressed me actually. He is slow, but hey, he gets it done.

I like our 3 WRs and Nicks is a beast! With Cruz coming on, we have 3 home run threat guys which I like a lot. Our defense has issues with the run, and Tuck needs to get healthy. The guy is so injury prone. If we can get some players like Barden, Koets and Prince back I'd be happy. I think we can do something this year if these guys and our younger guys step up. Props to Tolly for having a career game!

Comment

• Cruz seems like he should play on our team. Tons of talent, but it's like he spaces out at times and has no clue what is going on. Seems like he shouldn't be running the wrong routes as long as he's been there but geez the dude can flat out play. It's gonna be hard to keep him out of the line-up no matter how many mistakes he makes if he keeps churning out 100 yard games.

He seems like a really good #2 WR that can make big plays off of coverages rolling to Nicks. 1 of my favorite Giants right now(now that Sintim is done) so it be nice to see him continue to get a chance to shine, he's just got to get the mental aspect of things down which has got to be frustrating to watch.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well we are used to mental mistakes with Mario, so adding Cruz to the mix at times, is no biggie, lol. Only PHd player we had was Smith and now he is gone. So now looks like Nicks has graduated with a PHd too.

But that's our system with those complex WR rules. With no OL, and barely any WRs last season, Eli had to force things to try to make things happen. That led to a career high in Ints. Now the season isn't over now, but look how he is doing now.

He is taking more sacks, checking the ball down a lot more, and good things are happening.

Comment

• Haha the UPS guy at my work (a Redkins fans) came in and dropped his scanner on purpose. Picked it back up and told me don't worry it's not a fumble.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Cruz seems like he should play on our team. Tons of talent, but it's like he spaces out at times and has no clue what is going on. Seems like he shouldn't be running the wrong routes as long as he's been there but geez the dude can flat out play. It's gonna be hard to keep him out of the line-up no matter how many mistakes he makes if he keeps churning out 100 yard games.

He seems like a really good #2 WR that can make big plays off of coverages rolling to Nicks. 1 of my favorite Giants right now(now that Sintim is done) so it be nice to see him continue to get a chance to shine, he's just got to get the mental aspect of things down which has got to be frustrating to watch.
                          He hasn't really been in our system for that long. This is his second season and he spent all of last year injured. Nicks has been here much longer and even he still runs the wrong route sometimes. Plus a WR spazing out on the field is so Giants football, we've had guys running wrong routes since Eli's been our QB, Shockey and Plax used to do it all of the time, Nicks still does (rarely now though), Mario does something stupid every game. Other than Amani and Steve Smith we haven't had a receiver know this offense as well as Eli and be able to keep up with Eli. I really don't have an issue with his route running, that fumble was stupid, but his route selection has been pretty damn good for a 2nd year player who spent his rookie season on IR. Hopefully he keeps learning and can move into the slot by the end of this season or next so that we can stick Mario, Barden, Jernigan or Devin Thomas out there opposite Nicks on the outside and then our passing game could really start to take off.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I really didn't expect much from Cruz but now I'm really excited for him. I know he had the big preseason last year but I glossed over it thinking it was just because he was going against backup players. He looks really good out there now though and he's stepping up when we need him.

Nicks abused Peterson on that last go ahead TD. Eli is so fun to watch in the 4th quarter. When he's gone the fans will realize how good he really is.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rolle might have played his best game as a Giant as well. He was all over the place.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Rolle might have played his best game as a Giant as well. He was all over the place.
                                Wasn't this his first game vs Zona? That might have had something to do with it.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information