Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So Osi, JPP and Tolly. They better do the job especially playing run defense.

    Comment


    • Well Seattle's run game thus far has been pathetic. So if we allow them to run, then we definitely have problems bc there's no excuse for it. Our dline should whip their oline on every snap, shouldn't be a contest at all up front.

      For all the talk of Osi having a great game, he was absolutely abused in the run game. They ran right at him all game long (Arizona). He better get it together this week. Let's be real, Osi is a finesse player. He's a great finesse player, but he's finesse.

      Tolly...eh.

      I'd like to see Kiwi rotate in at DE more, for run support if anything else. Kiwi is a great run defender.

      Comment


      • Rumor is Mike Williams is out also. Do they have any other weapons besides Lynch?
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Well Seattle's run game thus far has been pathetic. So if we allow them to run, then we definitely have problems bc there's no excuse for it. Our dline should whip their oline on every snap, shouldn't be a contest at all up front.

          For all the talk of Osi having a great game, he was absolutely abused in the run game. They ran right at him all game long (Arizona). He better get it together this week. Let's be real, Osi is a finesse player. He's a great finesse player, but he's finesse.

          Tolly...eh.

          I'd like to see Kiwi rotate in at DE more, for run support if anything else. Kiwi is a great run defender.
          Osi actually played the run well last year. As for last week he wasn't that good but I'm not surprised. It doesn't help Kiwi hasn't been that good against the run either at the LB position.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Let's not under-estimate Marshawn's high ass.

            BK

            Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

              I'd like to see Kiwi rotate in at DE more, for run support if anything else. Kiwi is a great run defender.
              I'm pretty sure they won't do this unless it becomes painfully obvious( even more so than now) that the other guys can't get the job done. Remember, Kiwi was asked if he wanted to play DE against Washington, and declined. So I think unless it becomes a necessity to move him there, we won't.

              as you said, we should be fine against the Seahawks regardless. But next week against the Bills will be a good test of our run D without Tuck.


              A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

              Originally posted by Forenci
              JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
                I'm pretty sure they won't do this unless it becomes painfully obvious( even more so than now) that the other guys can't get the job done. Remember, Kiwi was asked if he wanted to play DE against Washington, and declined. So I think unless it becomes a necessity to move him there, we won't.

                as you said, we should be fine against the Seahawks regardless. But next week against the Bills will be a good test of our run D without Tuck.
                Yeah. Forgot about that.

                Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Osi actually played the run well last year. As for last week he wasn't that good but I'm not surprised. It doesn't help Kiwi hasn't been that good against the run either at the LB position.
                He did play the run well last year. But he's still finesse. That's not necessarily a dis, it is what it is. He's not the type who will slam right into you. He'll try to go around you. Osi never saw a bullrush that he liked.

                I think Kiwi is playing a little scared out there. Just a hunch of mine.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Rumor is Mike Williams is out also. Do they have any other weapons besides Lynch?
                  Sidney Rice. We don't have a big body WR who can cover him. This is where we miss Thomas. Thomas was the guy who used to bang heads with the big strong WRs while Webster covered the small quick ones.

                  Which just reminded me....how are we gonna cover Dez? Is Ross gonna be on him?

                  And if we put Webster on him, who simply isn't big enough or strong enough to take on Dez, we're gonna put Ross on Austin then? That makes me nervous. We don't match up vs Dallas on the back end.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Sidney Rice. We don't have a big body WR who can cover him. This is where we miss Thomas. Thomas was the guy who used to bang heads with the big strong WRs while Webster covered the small quick ones.

                    Which just reminded me....how are we gonna cover Dez? Is Ross gonna be on him?

                    And if we put Webster on him, who simply isn't big enough or strong enough to take on Dez, we're gonna put Ross on Austin then? That makes me nervous. We don't match up vs Dallas on the back end.
                    Haha geez I totally forgot about Rice somehow and I just saw him doing the Shiva Bowl Shuffle last night.

                    My guess is they'll try Webster. Webster lined up on Fitz every snap last week besides one. He actually did a really good job on him with his only long reception on the Grant jump ball.

                    Back to the previous point I just don't think Kiwi is comfortable at LB. I don't think he will be for awhile either.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Haha geez I totally forgot about Rice somehow and I just saw him doing the Shiva Bowl Shuffle last night.

                      My guess is they'll try Webster. Webster lined up on Fitz every snap last week besides one. He actually did a really good job on him with his only long reception on the Grant jump ball.

                      Back to the previous point I just don't think Kiwi is comfortable at LB. I don't think he will be for awhile either.
                      A Webster/Phillips duo should at least slow down Rice. The key really is getting to Jackson. As long as we ruffle his feathers, we'll be ok.

                      He doesn't look awful out there. They actually use him very well, I gotta give it to Fewell. He uses Kiwi the way a Joker should be used. It's just that Kiwi doesn't seem to embrace contact as much as last year, and I'm sure his neck has a lot to do with that.

                      In coverage, he'll never be a world beater. But he can be a decent cover in the flat. I really rather have Williams at SAM to be honest. I think he's every bit the blitzer Kiwi is, and he gives us speed and coverage.

                      I think the Giants are playing Kiwi off the line to protect him too.

                      Comment


                      • Phillips and Rolle are starting to play at a high level. It's something to keep an eye on the next few weeks for sure. Grant is such a solid player also. It's kind of weird how it took us so long to re-sign him.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Age I guess. We got lucky.

                          Phillips is really starting to get his range back. He's still affraid of contact though. He should be our FS and Rolle should be our SS. Rolle is far superior in the box and as a tackler. But I guess the injury to TT kind of forced our hand in keeping Rolle at FS so he can drop down and play nickel CB as well.

                          Comment


                          • I always thought in our system the S were kind of interchangeable and we haven't really designated them as our SS or FS in a few years. You're right on abour Rolle though since they move him up so often. It works out anyway because when he comes to play the WR and they run he becomes the SS anyway at that point. It almost gives us another LB type player in those situations.
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • I really hope J Williams pans out. He has the size (he looks like he put on a lot of weight in the offseason), the speed, the ferocity, the chasing ability, he just needs to work on his craft.

                              If we can develop him, we are a MIKE and rotational DT away from being a complete defense (if all our parts come back next year and Thomas gets healthy).

                              Comment


                              • Williams is the goods so far. I haven't seen such an instinctful LB on the Giants since maybe Barrow. He has crazy closing speed also. I think we might have finally found a gem in one of our late LB picks.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information