Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I really hope J Williams pans out. He has the size (he looks like he put on a lot of weight in the offseason), the speed, the ferocity, the chasing ability, he just needs to work on his craft.

    If we can develop him, we are a MIKE and rotational DT away from being a complete defense (if all our parts come back next year and Thomas gets healthy).
    YES! And then.. our DC leaves, and we get new one, and start over from level 1! : P

    Isn't that how it works?

    Comment


    • Marvin Austin will be the rotation DT when he comes back next year. Insert a guy like Kuechly at MIKE and we are set

      SPLOOSH

      Comment


      • I want more than 3 quality DTs though. Ideally, you want 4, so you can rotate both positions.

        Am I the only one rooting for the Rams to do so bad this season that they fire Spags?

        Let Fewell get his HC position, hire Spags back as DC/HC in waiting, and we'll be set.

        Please let this happen.

        Comment


        • Would they really fire him?
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I want more than 3 quality DTs though. Ideally, you want 4, so you can rotate both positions.

            Am I the only one rooting for the Rams to do so bad this season that they fire Spags?

            Let Fewell get his HC position, hire Spags back as DC/HC in waiting, and we'll be set.

            Please let this happen.


            Yes! Well I want Spags back, but give me him as a HC OR another proven HC with Spags as a coordinator! I'd rather have him as a HC/DC so that side of the ball is locked down. So now we just have to worry about the OC and implementing a good system.

            Comment


            • I normally chill on the scout.com KC forum. Splat used to post there. It's funny how non giants fans think of Eli!

              I'm pretty sure his point is NOT whether or not we need one, but that there is more than one way to skin a cat, and Luck is not the only option.

              Also, I'm not sure you need a "FRANCHISE QB" depending on your definitions. I define franchise QB as an elite, player who is pretty much guaranteed to be in the Pro Bowl and is a borderline HOF-er at worst. By that definition, I don't consider Eli Manning a "Franchise QB." He's only one in the sense of "yeah, he's pretty good and we're not looking to upgrade him."


              I agree about Eli BUT if I remember correctly is that Eli played like a HOFer that year in the playoffs!

              Comment


              • http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=417930

                Inactives for today...

                Comment


                • Our team is not that good. We need people back. You can't expect to win in this league when people are on IR that you need, and your other players are not playing! Can Tuck actually stay healthy for once? Our new center gets hurt, and look what happens. Our OL IS SOOO bad right now! We can't run block or pass protect to save our lives.

                  I am starting to hate Fewell as much as I hate our offensive system!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    Our team is not that good. We need people back. You can't expect to win in this league when people are on IR that you need, and your other players are not playing! Can Tuck actually stay healthy for once? Our new center gets hurt, and look what happens. Our OL IS SOOO bad right now! We can't run block or pass protect to save our lives.

                    I am starting to hate Fewell as much as I hate our offensive system!
                    Bro, the injuries are not a legit excuse. Everyone is hurt. I don't want to hear it. We didn't lose this game bc of injuries. We lost bc they executed better than we did. Bottom line. They deserved to win, they controlled the game and if anything, we would have got lucky at the end.

                    Our defense didn't show up. Fewell called a terrible game, we only move the ball offensively in the no huddle. We just didn't show up, and we lost.

                    No excuses, they won fair and square.

                    The only positives I can really take from this game is that Victor Cruz is a keeper. He's a stud in the making. Give him time, this is basically his rookie year, but the guy is going to be a stud.

                    And JPP is a beast.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Bro, the injuries are not a legit excuse. Everyone is hurt. I don't want to hear it. We didn't lose this game bc of injuries. We lost bc they executed better than we did. Bottom line. They deserved to win, they controlled the game and if anything, we would have got lucky at the end.

                      Our defense didn't show up. Fewell called a terrible game, we only move the ball offensively in the no huddle. We just didn't show up, and we lost.

                      No excuses, they won fair and square.

                      The only positives I can really take from this game is that Victor Cruz is a keeper. He's a stud in the making. Give him time, this is basically his rookie year, but the guy is going to be a stud.

                      And JPP is a beast.

                      Of course it's an excuse when it takes every player that is good.

                      People on IR plus good people not playing = junk.

                      Factor in dumb and dumber as our coordinators and we have no chance!

                      Our team isn't going to go very far. Cruz is a stud, but you can't make stupid mistakes! Stupid fumble! And then why not run routes into the endzone???? Why? Is there an forcefield keeping us from doing that? I hate this system!

                      They deserved to win. I posted it on the scout.com forum. We simply failed to do anything good. No huddle carved us up. We can't stop the run. That off man zone non sense is terrible.

                      Offensively, same old same old. Hey, at least we scored first drive! Normally we stuck from the get go. But wait? We did suck after that TD.

                      If we can't run the ball than throw it!!!!!!

                      Nicks vs Thurmond and you can't throw to him? Stupid, stupid offense and playcalling.

                      Comment


                      • No it's not an excuse. We aren't the only team that's hurt. They had guys out too. Trufant, Gallery, and somebody else. Our only main injury is Terrell Thomas, that one clearly hurts us, but even without him, there's no excuse to lose to the Seahawks.

                        Not even Tuck or Baas's injuries are an excuse. We have plenty of depth at DE for Tuck's injury to be a non factor. Both Osi and JPP had 2 sacks. Baas's injury hurts, but it still wasn't the reason why we lost.

                        Injuries aren't an excuse anymore. Our depth has proved to be effective enough to offset injuries. I don't want to hear it anymore. We sound like sore losers when we do that.

                        We just lost. The better team this Sunday won. That's the cold hard truth.

                        Comment


                        • Hell, they won the damn game with their ******* backup qb. I don't want to hear it. Injuries are a ******** excuse. We lost fair and square.

                          If you can't beat a backup qb, you deserve to lose. Period.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Hell, they won the damn game with their ******* backup qb. I don't want to hear it. Injuries are a ******** excuse. We lost fair and square.

                            If you can't beat a backup qb, you deserve to lose. Period.
                            LOL. I actually don't mind CW. But we always do that. We made backups look like stars. No huddle killed us and that zone and off man. They are a valid excuse especially when it kills your team year in and year out. It's bad enough we have people on IR, then we have key players not playing. Can Tuck be healthy for once or twice? Baas our center out of all people.

                            Oh by the way, Snee has a concussion and so does Zak D. So they are probably out next week.

                            Beatty had a rough game, David D stinks, big butt at center, and Cordle at guard!

                            Yay! Let's hope Eli doesn't get killed in the process!

                            Comment


                            • I said before that I thought we needed to go 6-1 entering the 2nd half of the season to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs. This loss is a big blow.

                              Now we have to steal a win vs a team we have no business beating, ie the Saints, Packers, or Patriots. If we don't do that, we don't make the playoffs.

                              Luckily for us, the Eagles seem to be done. They are not making the playoffs this year. Which means this division is btw us and the Cowboys and possibly the Skins if they keep winning.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I said before that I thought we needed to go 6-1 entering the 2nd half of the season to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs. This loss is a big blow.

                                Now we have to steal a win vs a team we have no business beating, ie the Saints, Packers, or Patriots. If we don't do that, we don't make the playoffs.

                                Luckily for us, the Eagles seem to be done. They are not making the playoffs this year. Which means this division is btw us and the Cowboys and possibly the Skins if they keep winning.
                                Not going to happen now.. We are going to get bent over when we face top teams. There is NO way around it. Offense is garbage! Defense can get shredded in the air or on the ground. And now no huddle, lol.

                                We are not making the playoffs this year. I like Coughlin a lot, but if he were to get fired, and we cleaned slate, I wouldn't be mad. I just loathe our offensive system now.

                                It's utter garbage.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information