Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo is legit btw. I was able to catch the 2nd half. They are legit. Their defense is mediocre, but that offense is for real.

Our defense is a joke. We rushed 4 or 3 all of the 2nd half, played soft zones. I hate Fewell. Eli carried our offense. He always has.

One thing that I do like: I firmly believe, that to be a team that has a chance in the playoffs, you have to "learn" how to win close games. Teams who win ugly in the regular season typically do well in the postseason, bc they know how to win close games, ugly games. It toughens up the team mentally.

So far, all our games have been ugly and close. The only 1 we lost was Seattle, and if Cruz doesn't slip, we probably pull that one out too.

Winning ugly and close is good for the team. Hopefully it helps us later in the season.

Comment

• Yeah it was a must win ugly win. We really need to be 5-2 before our hell schedule starts.

Comment

• I just hope the team doesn't have our classic letdown vs Miami. Coming off the bye, we're always sloppy as hell, plus you know they won't take Miami seriously.

It's just scary to think about. We are notorious for playing down to our competition. Hopefully we get to see some healthy bodies too.

Comment

• Our dline overpursues too. Our DEs (including JPP) don't really play the run, both him and Osi shoot up the field leaving gaps, and the whole dline bites hard on screen passes bc they go balls to the walls every play. We need to clean that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Our dline overpursues too. Our DEs (including JPP) don't really play the run, both him and Osi shoot up the field leaving gaps, and the whole dline bites hard on screen passes bc they go balls to the walls every play. We need to clean that up.
            TUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              TUCK!!!!!!!!!!
              Pretty much. He shouldn't be the only DE playing the run though. It needs to be hammered into their heads that they can't just shoot up the field.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ng-elite-level

Surprisingly decent article on ESPN.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ng-elite-level

Surprisingly decent article on ESPN.
                  This, this and more of this.

Though we should keep in mind that September and October are traditionally his best months. If he keeps this up in November and December with our brutal schedule, there really should be no doubt for the outsiders anymore.

But, like BBD said, discussing/defending Eli against casual NFL fans is impossible. They all have their preconcieved notions of him, and there is no point in trying to make them understand the reality or change their minds.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                  JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• I thought Webster played real well and he was purposely giving up the underneath routes to Johnson. He's a deep threat so Webster was just trying to limit the damage on the go routes. On the TD he should have bumped him but Johnson had some nice dancing legs on that.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I thought Webster played real well and he was purposely giving up the underneath routes to Johnson. He's a deep threat so Webster was just trying to limit the damage on the go routes. On the TD he should have bumped him but Johnson had some nice dancing legs on that.
                      Sometimes the NFL can be pretty simple. You make plays, you win.

Webster made two game-changing plays on those picks. If those are just passes defended, the Bills probably win that game.

Webster got beat on the Stevie TD, but it was a back shoulder and with the passing offenses today everyone is going to get beat in single coverage sometimes.

The schedule is about to get BRUTAL. Tuck needs to come back.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• EDIT: And about Eli - it just goes to show you how ******* stupid stats and fantasy football are.

Manning played brilliantly, yet will be judged by most as a 'game-manager' game because of 0 TDs and 0 turnovers.

In reality, he threw at least 4 passes that could have EASILY gone for TDs but either resulted in just long gains (that set up rushing TDs) or incompletions. So he executed on the same level as a guy who puts up 35 fantasy points but the box score readers (every ******* normal non-NY-based fan because of the lack of depth on highlight shows) will judge him as a 0TD-0INT game, did just enough to win. No, in reality, he played just as good as, say, Brady did yesterday.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I forgot to mention this but Kiwi was lined up at DE pretty much all game. I don't remember seeing him at LB at all.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I forgot to mention this but Kiwi was lined up at DE pretty much all game. I don't remember seeing him at LB at all.
                            Yea we ran a 4-2-5 for most of the game with Williams and Boley at LB and Kiwi and Tolly were the rotational DEs. I would much prefer if we ran a 5-2-4 when Tuck comes back, have the D-Line look like this:
                            Osi-Tuck-Joseph-Canty-JPP

This soft zone, with only 4 rushing on 3rd down has failed us everytime. It needs to go and if Perry won't get rid of it we need to get rid of him.

SPLOOSH

Comment

The result is the biggest thing. Don't get too caught up in the system and how it skews stats. Does it win or not. And we could argue that all day. Haha. But the headlins do piss me off. "Bradshaw's 100 yards and 3 TDs lifts Giants to Victory". Please. That was the softest 100 yards I've ever seen. We did not run the ball well at all.

And Webster saved the day. But he also allowed himself to have to save the day by giving up TDs.

Our LBers also got abused. That trap misdirection crap they were running all day had them all kinds of confused.

I know Eli doesn't care about stats and winning is the biggest factor, but still when it's all said and done, we should be able to hook Eli up and call his number. I hate this system. I watch other QBs pad their stats with 1 yard passes for TDs, and we are in the redzone and call 3 running plays that end up as a rushing TD.

0 Tds and O ints is bull.... We should be hooking our franchise QB up when he does well. That makes me soo mad! Get me an OC who will think of dialing up a passing play first rather than think of running it. Yeah once and a while cool, but damn, hook Eli up! Call a play for him since his pass to Ballard got us very close! Finish it off with Eli getting a TD.

Comment

• Article saying that Steve Smith is on the trading block for the Eagles. He should have stayed with us. He would be just coming off the PUP list. Now, I am not sure how this impacts his career if he indeed has come back early. He is pretty much a non factor for the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information