Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Giants just can't nail a 3rd round pick under Reese. Only good one was Mario.

    07: Jay Alford - this was unfortunate bc he was going to be great if he never tore his ACL.

    08: Mario - Nailed this one. Great pick all things considered.

    09: Barden/Beckum - busts.

    10: Chad Jones - unfortunate but still a bust

    11: Jernigan - I'm calling it. Bust.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
      Re-sign MM. I wouldn't let him go. I want 3 guys who can hit home runs. Sorry Smith, you made your decision, so you need to come in and re-establish yourself. If you can win the spot, cool. But I am not letting MM go. Also, let's develop JJ and see how he can do. He had no mini camp or OTAs. So Smith has to prove himself again. First things first, let's see where he is health wise. It's not like he is resting and stuff. I am sure he is practicing and playing in games, so who knows what that's done to his recovery process.

      Bring him in and we can evaluate him from a medical standpoint and see what's going on.
      Mario is the kind of player that you want to keep, but you don't want to pay.

      He won't be worth the money it will cost to re-sign him. He's a good player, but not a great player. He's very replaceable.

      That's the thing, when you re-sign those guys, you overpay and you hurt your cap, and then hurt your ability to re-sign the big boys you want to keep.

      Good but not great talent shouldn't be re-signed. Save the money, draft his replacement. Cheaper and better for the overall team.

      Comment


      • Barden is going to prove all you guys wrong this year!!!
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Barden is going to prove all you guys wrong this year!!!
          Do you even realize what you're saying. Smith was like your favortie Giant. And you think we would even consider keeping someone with 6 catches over 2 and a half seasons over getting him back if it made sense compensation wise? Barden is a complete non-factor. I'm not even sure we keep him anyway when his PUP time is done. I'm predicting we IR him so we don't have to make a decision between him and Clayton.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Mario is the kind of player that you want to keep, but you don't want to pay.

            He won't be worth the money it will cost to re-sign him. He's a good player, but not a great player. He's very replaceable.

            That's the thing, when you re-sign those guys, you overpay and you hurt your cap, and then hurt your ability to re-sign the big boys you want to keep.

            Good but not great talent shouldn't be re-signed. Save the money, draft his replacement. Cheaper and better for the overall team.
            Well let's see how the coaches grade him. Let's see if he prices himself out or not. And Let's see what we have with JJ. He had no OTAs or mini camps. We can't evaluate him without him getting coached up.

            If you can find another home run hitter than fine. Smith is not a home run hitter. Someone else has to fill that void? Clayton? Thomas? I am not ready to get rid of MM unless he prices himself out of the market. Barden is still a damn wait and see. So I want to keep MM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              Do you even realize what you're saying. Smith was like your favortie Giant. And you think we would even consider keeping someone with 6 catches over 2 and a half seasons over getting him back if it made sense compensation wise? Barden is a complete non-factor. I'm not even sure we keep him anyway when his PUP time is done. I'm predicting we IR him so we don't have to make a decision between him and Clayton.
              I would take Smith back in a heartbeat but I still think Barden has a lot of potential. Clayton will get cut when Barden gets back. Barden was brought along slowly because of his pedigree and when he finally got his shot last year he showed some glimpses.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • I'm with gf on this one. Barden's going to beast when he finally gets on the field.

                BK

                Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  I'm with gf on this one. Barden's going to beast when he finally gets on the field.
                  What makes you think this, other than a hunch?

                  Comment


                  • http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...2fd-5054d5ea1d

                    Sounds like Jacobs doesn't like the amount of carries. It seemed like he was sarcastic with his answer.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      What makes you think this, other than a hunch?
                      I was a big fan of his coming out, he was breaking out in the Dallas game where he got hurt last season, and expectations are incredibly low for the kid. Plus I think Killdrive will try to use Cruz more in the slot after the bye which opens up the outside spot for Barden to steal some snaps from Mario. Plus Ramses can be a beastly run blocker when he's focused on it, so I think he'll make his way onto the field often enough to show his talent, especially in the redzone where he's almost another TE as a run blocker and has the size, leaping ability and long arms to bring down a lot of TDs.

                      BK

                      Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                      Comment


                      • I forgot Barden was considered a very good run blocker which can only help. That was actually a big part of Plax and Smith's game that we never really heard much about.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Prince was ruled out on Sunday even though he's been fully practicing. I'd have liked to see him get snaps against an "eaiser" team before throwing him into the fire against the like of the Pats, Packers, and Saints.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG
                            I am sure Barden feels the same thing. If he can do it in the slot, then who knows.
                            To be fair the last time we saw Barden on the field he was in the middle of having an impressive game as part of the game plan. Beckum's been healthy and doesn't play a position we regularly utilize. So at least with Barden he could be one game away from making us no longer dependent on Mario. Nicks and Barden on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Mario in for big plays would tear teams up if they all stayed healthy and kept growing/learning. That however has been the issue with Barden, he's yet to stay healthy enough to be a significant cog in our passing game.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • I would LOVE to see a David Carr to Ramses Barden TD on Sunday.

                              Comment


                              • When barden finally gets back I'll just be excited if we use him in the Green Zone at first. The only thing I worry about is Gilbride becoming to pass happy with all the players now.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information