Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone is fine as long as it's press zone with rerouting within 5 yards.

This off/soft zone garbage is what annoys me.

Comment

• Ware almost got Eli killed on one play too yesterday. Totally missed a block. Didn't even see the guy coming. Just another reason you have to love Bradhshaw.

Comment

• Our oline has been pretty mediocre. Beatty is what he is. He's not very good. We could use an upgrade at LT.

Diehl is showing his age at LG. Baas just can't stay healthy and is still missing assignments. The whole left side is all out of sorts right now. You figure they'd gel by now, but they haven't.

And why is Petrus always deactivated? You figure we'd like to have him ready in case he needs to go in.

Comment

• Probably because Boothe's versatility is more valuable then Petrus.

Comment

• Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.

Comment

• I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.
                I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.
                  Yeah, and depending on what happens with the contract statuses of Ross and T2, CB can become a big concern as well. I would also very much like to upgrade our TE position. If we can get a pass-catching TE that actually catches passes(yes, I'm looking at you Beckum) paired with Ballard we can become much more dangerous on passes play action out of two TE-sets.

If we can get an impact LB, TE and OL out of the next FA and draft, as well as a good nickel/dime CB and another serviceable runningback, we would be pretty much stacked everywhere.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                  JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.
                    He's only steady bc Eli has such great pocket presence. Beatty gets routinely beat on a weekly basis. He made Jason Taylor look like he was 25 years old again. He's just not that good.

Like I said, we can survive with him, but he's not a good player. He's just serviceable.

I do believe that the value of a LT in today's league is somewhat overrated (if you have a franchise qb you don't need a stud LT), but you still play with fire when you have a mediocre LT.

Comment

• I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.
                        I could see that as well. Although it may only be against Vick. We certainly gameplan Vick much different than other teams. Either way the Patriots certainly looked beatable on Sunday. Although the fact that they lost doesn't play in our advantage.

Comment

• Oh I expect to lose, Belly doesn't let his teams lose two straight, but I really feel like it's not just our players that raise their game for the big moments.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• When was the last time the Pats lost 2 straight? I honestly can't remember.

Hell, when was the last time the Pats lost at home?

Comment

When was the last time the Pats lost 2 straight? I honestly can't remember.

If Fewell actually watches tape from this past week and the SB victory he will see that we NEED to blitz to have any shot at winning. Keep Brady on his ass

SPLOOSH

Comment

When was the last time the Pats lost 2 straight? I honestly can't remember.

The Jets beat them at home in the playoffs last year.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information