This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point.
    Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.

Comment

• I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.
        Cursing Gilbride probably! LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
          Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.
          I think Eli's a good barometer for whether people have any clue about the giants or are just talking out of their ass. Knowledgeable fans that watch the giants play eventually realize just how special Eli is, and really, those are the fans who's opinion on the giants I am actually interested in hearing. Plus it's fun letting people pretend like they know what they're talking when they start to rail on Eli. Makes me giggle like a little kid sometimes.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• EDIT: Nevermind figered out all of them except for the white guy next to JJ, Prince and Austin, I think it's DePalma
            Last edited by OSUGiants17; 11-01-2011, 08:52 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.
              Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.
                Actually he shows more emotion then previously in his career from TD celebrations to messed up routes and blitz pickups. Just ask Bradshaw during the Saints blowout couple seasons back, when eli ripped him during the game.

Elway did that and Jim Kelly went to the UFL to avoid the Bills. People just don't like Eli. Flat out..

Comment

• Big market players generally receive more haters than small market players. That's just how it is. Eli, Sanchez, Romo, Cutler, etc.

Small market fans typically have a chip on their shoulder with big market teams and combine the extra media coverage and criticism and it just adds up to more hate than small market guys.

Like if Phillip Rivers was the qb of the Jets, he'd be getting KILLED. Hell, a lot of people compare Phillip Rivers to a west coast version of Tony Romo, all stats, no substance, yet Romo gets killed and Rivers is hailed as a top 5 qb.

It's just one of the perks of playing in a small market team. *shrug* Seriously, who cares. I could give 2 shits about perception. I just want rings. Get championships. That's all I care about. Stats don't mean ****.

Comment

• Brandon Bing to the Practice Squad!!!!
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing
                        We're still patiently waiting for a Schiano Scarlet Knight to finally make the team.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't know about you guys but I'd like to see Da'rel Scott active on gamedays and maybe play a role similar to what Bradshaw did for us his rookie season in '07. Ease him in to the offense late in the year and give us that 3rd head in the backfield that is a home run threat. I've had enough of Ware and I think Scott has the potential to add another dimension to this offense.

Comment

• Who is Jim Trotter?
                            Midseason quarterback rankings
                            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...0sct=hp_t11_a2

1. Rodgers
                            2. Roethlisberger
                            3. Brady
                            4. Fitzpatrick
                            5. Newton
                            6. A. Smith
                            7. Brees

Quote:
                            8. Eli Manning, Giants: He threw a career-high 25 interceptions last season and the Giants missed the playoffs. This year they're 5-2 and leading the NFC East largely because he has thrown only five picks, three of which came in a loss to the Seahawks. Manning is quietly on pace for one of his best seasons, with 13 TDs and a league-leading 119.3 fourth-quarter passing rating.

Comment

• Someone bad at his job? Those rankings aren't even worth talking about never mind the fake internet ink he used to write them.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who is Jim Trotter?
                                Obviously an idiot. 8th place? and he states that the rankings are for this season only? Eli needs to be third or fourth at the very least on this list. The only guys playing better football this season at QB is Rodgers and Brady IMO. You could make a case for Roethlisberger as well.

I honestly can't wait to see Eli go up against this rough part of our schedule. He just seems so much better this year. And that's not to say he wasn't very good the last couple of seasons, but he seems to have taken another step up this year.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                                JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information