Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that OL doesn't come to play because thats the only way I foresee us doing well.

Comment

• I just saw JPP chase down Frank Gore and hit him from the backside and I swear Lawrence Taylor flashed in my head.

The close on suddenness of the hit. Chills down my spine. Only him and Reggie White ever gave me that.

Edit: Oh well, no rabbits today.
      Last edited by yanksknicks; 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Please change both coordinators! God, I can't stand our red zone play calling once we are close. STOP THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!! It's not fooling anyone! And then it puts us in a 3rd down, obvious passing situation! Again, we insist on running it when we could have thrown it towards the end of the game! Stupid! And I hate Fewell's system! It seems like guys are consistently open!

Eli made some sick throws today. He really earned his money on the TD passes. I want to know what happened with the 2nd int. It looked like Mario was doing something else and not in the frame and the ball was near 3 9ers. Did Mario run the wrong route again?!

Comment

• I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.
            Yes so throw it! Do something! Not draw! We did it last week, twice, as well!!! It didn't work then either! It's classic we play bush league in the red zone when we are that close. You can expect that non sense every game when we are that close. Why can't we throw it or if we want to run the ball, do it normally? Use play action? Fade? Anything but that stupid draw! It hasn't worked yet!

Comment

• It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.

Comment

It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.
                Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                  Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!
                  Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.

I'm not the biggest Gilbride fan in the world either, but I'm tired of every ******* Giants fan using him as an excuse when we lose. If it wasn't for Gilbride I guess we would go 16-0.

Comment

Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.
                    He is slow. But he is tall, makes plays, and has great hands. He doesn't have to burn his guy. Just get a slight separation and Eli can put it in a spot where he can make a play!

Our 6'6 player was drafted to be a red zone threat. So, why not actually use him? Let's see what he can do? We draft guys with the goal to use: Beckum in short yardage situations. This is from Reese. Then Barden because he is a great red zone threat. Beckum is useless, but at least use Barden now that he has healthy.

If we chose not to use 2 tall guys, one TE with great hands, then I don't know what to say. What about our WRs? They are not allowed to catch the ball in the red zone? They have to be farther out? I can tell you one thing, that draw is 0/3 in the red zone. So perhaps it's time to scrap it!

Comment

• We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.

Comment

• I'm not mad at the loss. We were right there.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.
                          Special teams does hurt us. But that's why it's called special teams for us. Jones is a rookie with no mini camps or OTAs. I am not going to fault any rookie for that. Even with all that we were still in the game. Stupid play calling exchanging FGs with them. Then, at the end obviously is something I hated. You can't kick FGs against teams like the Saints and Packers. I highly doubt Brees will run those damn delays in the red zone. Drop back and let it rip is more his style. I want to see that in the red zone.

It's funny, because my parents went to PA to visit my cousin. He is an avg fan, so I really don't talk scheme or anything. It's pretty just regular stuff. First thing he does when he walks in the door is blast Gilbride calling them delay hand offs, lol. But I just shook my head. If someone like him can spot that, god, what pathetic play calling.

My issue is with situational play calling in the red zone. This goes back when we had Burress too. I remember in Pittsburgh, we ran a X hot to him. We tend to go left or right, or with that passive draw. Go back and throw the ball. Run a screen, if need be. But for the love of god, don't run draw!

Comment

• Any news on the Boley injury?

I hated the 3rd and 4th down calls but it's not why we lost. Fewell playing that soft zone all of a sudden again didn't help.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• To answer my own question looks like Boley is out for the year. Garafalo said the injury was significant.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That sucks. When I saw him on the sideline in a t-shirt I knew it was bad. Also Prince needs to see the field. When Ross was out for a bit we literally only had 2 healthy CBs active.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information