Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Cruz's ascension I really think our need to keep MM has been negated. Would honestly rather have Steve Smith in the slot alongside Nicks and Cruz.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      With Cruz's ascension I really think our need to keep MM has been negated. Would honestly rather have Steve Smith in the slot alongside Nicks and Cruz.
      Cruz has to done well. But I still want Mario. Mario and Nicks open up Cruz. If we have a TE, in Ballard in tow, it helps everyone out. I want Mario back, unless he wants something unreasonable. Keep Mario, and worse comes to worse see what Smith has left. He will have to compete for playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        Since I am out of football, and back to school, some of the stuff I forgot. I have a bunch of playbooks. Usually the reads are opposite of the Air Raid. Air Read you read top to bottom.WCO system you read bottom to top.

It's a timing offense where your drop steps match point where the WR makes his break. Your concepts are short passes that usually stretch the defense horizontally. So one popular passing concept is called FLOOD. You see that a lot and use of the RB who can catch the ball. A lot of the formations have multiple WRs.

You will see 3, 5, 7 drop passes. You will see Roll out, sprint out, and boot leg concept passing plays.

I know Walsh loved scripting his plays. Very detailed game planner. I like that aspect a lot of him.
        I'll talk to you about this in more detail later. I eventually want to learn the WCO and Air Coryell.

I read Rex Ryan's book on the 46 defense. It's a great book if you're into that.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          yeah, if we keep MM, there's little need for Steve back here. I know BBD is gonna cream his pants and want him back, but there's little need and lots of lost love
          Bring Stevey back!

Mario is gonna be an expensive keep. I honestly think at this point, it would be cheaper to re-sign Smith than Mario. And Cruz is much better on the outside than he is in the slot, so if we can get Smith back in at slot for cheap and have Cruz and Nicks on the outside, I think that's a better compliment of WRs.

It depends on Smith's health though. He looks washed up right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I'll talk to you about this in more detail later. I eventually want to learn the WCO and Air Coryell.

I read Rex Ryan's book on the 46 defense. It's a great book if you're into that.
            I love the Air C and Air Raid. Two of my favorite systems. I have no basically no time to read non school books. It sucks, but I had to basically archive my football playbooks, notes, and binders. They are somewhere downstairs. I have my main offensive book with me. The other stuff is somewhere downstairs.

Comment

• Comment

• Let's do this!!
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Get after Vince Young!!! Pressure him, and come on Fewell blitz him!

Comment

• UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                    JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• once again, we're terrible at running the ball and our LB's really screwed us on 3rd downs.

Comment

• and on a side note, even though there were a few rookie mistakes by Amukamara (stumbling, mistiming jump even though he did get the INT, and not following a guy leaving his zone when there was no other threatening receiver in the area) I thought that he did very well for his first game back. He's a big guy, looks solid in run support too. Having him, Web, and TT would be incredible for us. Ross probably won't come back because of his good season this year, I'd like to try to keep him though.

Comment

• Okay, so here are some of my thoughts on this game and the Giants this season in general:

-Let's start with Mark Herzlich. I was really excited to see what he could do, because not only is he a great story, he also has the potential to become a great player if he can return to form. I thought he looked pretty good against the run, he had a few tackles for a loss and always seemed to be around the ballcarrier. on a number of occasions he showed pretty good instincts, in my opinion.

-His play against the pass was a different story though. He looked confused and slow in his zone drops all game long,and was the main man to blame for multiple completions over the middle. We all knew he's lost some speed after the cancer treatment, but he looked real slow and overmatched in coverage. He at least needs to correct the mental lapses in pass coverage, because his physical abilities are not there to play the pass at this point.

- This was not surprising coming into this game, but all of our LBs were abused against the pass really. Paysinger also struggled a lot, while Jaquian Williams did OK. And the TD Smith scored was identical to the Vernon Davis TD last weekend. good job by philly designing a play where Smith came on on one against Kiwanuka. That's a mismatch if I ever saw one. Giants need to correct that coverage this week, because you can bet your ass that Sean Payton and Drew Brees took notice of that play in particular and the LB coverage woes in general.

-Our O-line flat out sucks. There's no way to sugarcoat this. Beatty sucks and allowed pressures all game long. He also committed multiple penalties. Diehl is washed up, and gets pushed back two yards almost every play. Baas is new to the offense, so he gets a tiny free pass, but by now he should have corrected some of the mistakes he makes. But I'm pretty sure he looks worse because he plays next to Diehl and Snee as well. Snee was sick yesterday, so that kind of explains the down game. But he's had a subpar season for his standards as well. not sure if it's because of his linemates poor play, himself, or a combination. McKenzie needs to be replaced very soon as well. He can't handle the pass rushers good enough any more.

-Run Blocking is non-existant. No push. Blown assignments. miscommunications. It looks horrible. 29 yards on the ground. Really? We're doomed if this isn' fixed. At this point it looks like it can't be fixed anymore.

-The WRs looked unfocused yesterday. Ballard had three drops on very catchable balls, and almost caused an INT when he slipped on his in cut when he got his arm injured. Cruz played great overall, but he was guilty of two bad drops.Hakeem Nicks dropped the big deep ball as well. That ball was heavily contested by Samuels, yes. But it's a play Hak normally makes 9 out of 10 times.

-The long-awaited debut of Prince Amukamara was positive in my eyes. He looked overmatched on his INT against Jackson, but at least he recovered nicely and made the play. And after that, he played real well. I don't think he gave up a single completion in man coverage all night long( have to rewatch the game to be certain). It's early, but he looks like a keeper so far.

Now, on to our favorite co-ordinators!

-It's hard for me to blame Kevin Gilbride too much on offense. He called a pretty good game i think, but the players let him down out there, especially the O-line. Eli had no time to throw, and there was no running room whatsoever. He stuck to the run, and i like that, but there was no help to be found for Gilbride and Eli yesterday. He still has his flaws as a playcaller, but overall I woudn't place too much of the blame for yesterday on playcalling. The players just didn't execute. We need to go offense for most of this next draft.

-Perry Fewell needs to go. I'm sick and tired of this. Whenever we play a bad QB, he treats it like a preseason game and stops blitzing. We have four losses this year. The QBs we lost against? Rex Grossman,Clipboard Jesus,Alex Smith and Vince Young. Smith is playing pretty good this year, but the other three guys are among the worst 10 guys to have started a game at QB this season. It's atrocious that he just sits back in his soft zones and rush three or four guys against these guys. Just pressure them god dammit. It's the New York Giant defensive style. I'm dreading rewatching that final eagles scoring drive because there's a third and 10 completion in there where we rush three guys and drop eight in coverage. I called out "first down the minute i saw this. And predictably enough, Young gets five seconds in the pocket and throws to Riley Cooper sitting in a soft spot between two LBs 14 yards down the field. UGH.

-This loss was devastating, because we really needed this W. I'm not sure how we are going to get by against the Saints and Packers without Boley, he really needs to come back fast. And if we come in to the week 14 game @the Cowboys down two games, we are effectively in a win or go home mode that game. And with the soft schedule for the Cowboys, we might have to win our final four games to have a chance. Luckily for us the Bears might not win another game with Cutler out, and I don't really trust the Falcons. So we just might be able to sneak into the Wildcard race if we don't win the division.

Comment

• I agree about Herzlich. He's a 2 down Linebacker. What I saw from him, I liked more than Jones. However not having Boley hurts. None of these guys can cover.

Also I though Kiwi played a great game. Maybe his best ever as a LB?

The line was piss poor but Jacobs still bothers me. He's officially soft. He's so big that if the hole isn't there he needs to just get up the ass of the Oline and push forward. At least get 2-3 yards. He should never cut back. That is a guaranteed no gain or loss.

And of course I agree about Fewell. At no point EVER, should we only rush 3 down lineman. It needs to be taken out of the playbook. If we are rushing 3 down lineman, automatically we do not have our best talent on the field. Someone is sitting on the bench for someone not as good as him.

Thanksgiving games got interesting for us. It is officially time to root against other NFC teams. Hope the Packers beat the Lions and the Dolphins beat the Cowboys.
                            Last edited by Jughead10; 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

Also I though Kiwi played a great game. Maybe his best ever as a LB?
                              Kiwi played great against the run he was beasting on McCoy all night long. He was ok against the pass, but he did obviously get exposed a few times in the passing game. That's not his fault though, it's because he's asked to do too much due to the injury to Boley.

Comment

• I hate our coordinators especially Fewell! 3 man rush against a backup QB!? Really? 3rd down after 3rd down converted one after another. I hate our offense, every part from the play calling to the fragile RBs and WRs. Our OL is beyond pathetic!

BBD, Screw this we are going offense in this years draft! 1-7! I know that's not logical or possible, but I want everything scraped. If that means firing Coughlin, and I like him a lot, then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information