This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
    well this is making me feel like we should get another coach...
    Yeah I'll sort of echo Jughead's comments from earlier that I do like Coughlin but it's starting to look like this time has run out here. I can't believe he thinks what we're doing on defense is acceptable.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 577 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Comment

• To be fair, what is Coughlin supposed to say? If he criticizes his coaches, it's "anarchy in NY" and he gives the impression that he threw them under the bus.

And it's not like the players gave their all either. That was a very half ass effort on defense.

But I agree, it's time for a change.

Comment

• I don't know what the question was but don't put it on the players like that when a 5 year old would have had a better defensive gameplan.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I honestly think it's Coughlin who wants Cover 2. All his coordinators outside of Spags were Cover 2 guys for us, and even in Jacksonville, Del Rio was a Cover 2 guy under him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I honestly think it's Coughlin who wants Cover 2. All his coordinators outside of Spags were Cover 2 guys for us, and even in Jacksonville, Del Rio was a Cover 2 guy under him.
              I don't buy that. He's an offensive guy so I don't know why he would dictate scheme and also why would he let the one guy with no DC experience run the system of his choosing? It's a coincidence and when Coughlin first got here we had the personnel more suited for a Cover 2.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I don't buy that. He's an offensive guy so I don't know why he would dictate scheme and also why would he let the one guy with no DC experience run the system of his choosing? It's a coincidence and when Coughlin first got here we had the personnel more suited for a Cover 2.
                Yeah. I'm just a sad panda right now.

:(

Comment

• I'm so glad you all agree because I am fully prepared to come in here and straight up RANT about how sick I am of our coaching staff! I want EVERYONE GONE if we don't make it to round 2 of the playoffs!

Coughlin- Sorry buddy, you've had a nice long run, but too many 1st round exits and late season collapses.

Killdrive- God I hate this man, have for years! That PhD WR playbook needs to go. Plus, he's a *****, plain and simple. 3rd and 10+ yards to go, down 21-3...Draw play up the middle for no gain. Bro, you serious? You've gotta air it out there. We've got a big lead? Let's sit on it and let them get right back into this game by calling the same ****** plays over and over because you won't run up the score. When was our last blowout win?

Perry- Cover 2 sucks, 3rd down package with 3...that's right 3 down linemen and a soft zone sucks, we have one of the best DLs in the league and you put 3 of them out there to give up a first down on 3rd and 99.

ST coach- I don't even wanna know this piece of ****'s name, but get him out. Our special teams has sucked for years now.

Strength & Conditionig people- How is it that we're always injury plagued? These guys must suck at their jobs.

Brandon Jacobs- You've turned into a shell of yourself, you're now a Giant puss- bag who can't bulldoze people for ****, gives no effort and crys all day. Get the f*ck off my team!

DJ Ware- You're just bad bro, plain and simple. Gimme Bradshaw, Scott and Brown or a Rookie over AB, BJ, and Going No-Ware any day of the week.

Please Rams fire Spags! And Giants, sign him as our DC/HC in waiting and Grueden or Cowher as our HC till you feel Spags is ready. Thanks!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I loved watching the Saints offense! Now that's a big boy offense. Now stall outs like we do since this system was created. You didn't see Jimmy G go left, and the ball go right.. You didn't see any WRs run the wrong routes. Not only that, the system is aggressive! I would LOVE to be part of a staff like that.

We don't care about your feelings, about sparing your ego. At the end of the day, we will score, and KEEP SCORING! So you better be prepared because I won't call off the hounds!

On top of that, i respect our offense, and that's why I called the fake FG. Not that I think we could make it, but because I don't respect your offense AND your defense. You can't run the ball, you can't pass protect, and you stall out a lot. That's your offense! Your D stinks! So I will call a fake FG because I know we can score all night when the chips are down!

And oh by the way, our defense may not be sick, but we fit our aggressive nature and will keep blitzing you! So be prepared to put on your big boy pads and fight us!

I love Payton's philosophy! GIVE ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non of that Bush league, 4 minute offense to kill the clock. Screw that! When we have the lead we are going to attack you! Plain and simple! YOU make the adjustment, not us!

If you don't like that style, then forfeit!

I love that aggressive nature on both sides of the ball for NO, but specifically on offense! They kill you with vertical stretches and a lot of horizontal concepts too! Just a pleasure to watch that offense work.

That's what I want! Even if we can't be as effective as them, give me that nature, style, and aggressive attitude!

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      I'm so glad you all agree because I am fully prepared to come in here and straight up RANT about how sick I am of our coaching staff! I want EVERYONE GONE if we don't make it to round 2 of the playoffs!

Coughlin- Sorry buddy, you've had a nice long run, but too many 1st round exits and late season collapses.

Killdrive- God I hate this man, have for years! That PhD WR playbook needs to go. Plus, he's a *****, plain and simple. 3rd and 10+ yards to go, down 21-3...Draw play up the middle for no gain. Bro, you serious? You've gotta air it out there. We've got a big lead? Let's sit on it and let them get right back into this game by calling the same ****** plays over and over because you won't run up the score. When was our last blowout win?

Perry- Cover 2 sucks, 3rd down package with 3...that's right 3 down linemen and a soft zone sucks, we have one of the best DLs in the league and you put 3 of them out there to give up a first down on 3rd and 99.

ST coach- I don't even wanna know this piece of ****'s name, but get him out. Our special teams has sucked for years now.

Strength & Conditionig people- How is it that we're always injury plagued? These guys must suck at their jobs.

Brandon Jacobs- You've turned into a shell of yourself, you're now a Giant puss- bag who can't bulldoze people for ****, gives no effort and crys all day. Get the f*ck off my team!

DJ Ware- You're just bad bro, plain and simple. Gimme Bradshaw, Scott and Brown or a Rookie over AB, BJ, and Going No-Ware any day of the week.

Please Rams fire Spags! And Giants, sign him as our DC/HC in waiting and Grueden or Cowher as our HC till you feel Spags is ready. Thanks!
                      Can't say I feel differently. Insanity is defined as changing nothing and expecting a different result. We continue to run cover 2, we continue to draft middle round LB's and get minor FA's, we continue to roll with lackluster coaches, and we continually overlook OL and RB. We haven't went out and gotten a stalwart on the OL in quite a while and we've known that Diehl, Snee, and McKenzie wouldn't hold up forever.

We all know that Reese has an eye for talent, but he's one of a few of our staff that doesn't have their heads up their asses. We have the receivers, we have the QB, we have the defense besides the linebackers. Find a way to renovate the OL, get another RB, and get a few LB's. Also make it a priority to stretch, lift, and eat well; its a long season and a battle of fruition. Those few pieces will make a huge difference in being only a 1st half team and a team ready for a playoff run.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                        I loved watching the Saints offense! Now that's a big boy offense. Now stall outs like we do since this system was created. You didn't see Jimmy G go left, and the ball go right.. You didn't see any WRs run the wrong routes. Not only that, the system is aggressive! I would LOVE to be part of a staff like that.

We don't care about your feelings, about sparing your ego. At the end of the day, we will score, and KEEP SCORING! So you better be prepared because I won't call off the hounds!

On top of that, i respect our offense, and that's why I called the fake FG. Not that I think we could make it, but because I don't respect your offense AND your defense. You can't run the ball, you can't pass protect, and you stall out a lot. That's your offense! Your D stinks! So I will call a fake FG because I know we can score all night when the chips are down!

And oh by the way, our defense may not be sick, but we fit our aggressive nature and will keep blitzing you! So be prepared to put on your big boy pads and fight us!

I love Payton's philosophy! GIVE ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non of that Bush league, 4 minute offense to kill the clock. Screw that! When we have the lead we are going to attack you! Plain and simple! YOU make the adjustment, not us!

If you don't like that style, then forfeit!

I love that aggressive nature on both sides of the ball for NO, but specifically on offense! They kill you with vertical stretches and a lot of horizontal concepts too! Just a pleasure to watch that offense work.

That's what I want! Even if we can't be as effective as them, give me that nature, style, and aggressive attitude!
                        It's very funny you brought this up because I was thinking the guy I possibly want the most right now is Carmicheal. With Eli and the weapons we have on offense there's no reason why we can't run a similar offense to them. I hate to waste Eli in his prime so maybe we should change Giants football up a little and let the offense carry the team. I was hoping to come here to post this so you'd get happy but we're on the same page here.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          It's very funny you brought this up because I was thinking the guy I possibly want the most right now is Carmicheal. With Eli and the weapons we have on offense there's no reason why we can't run a similar offense to them. I hate to waste Eli in his prime so maybe we should change Giants football up a little and let the offense carry the team. I was hoping to come here to post this so you'd get happy but we're on the same page here.
                          I would prefer a Defensive minded choach, but I was thinking the same thing. If we go the Offensive route I would love to have Carmichael.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                            I would prefer a Defensive minded choach, but I was thinking the same thing. If we go the Offensive route I would love to have Carmichael.
                            Right now it boils down to this for me. Who is our most important player? Eli obviously so why don't we build the team around him. I know the Giants way is defense but you can't always let the past dictate the future. The Packers have also shown a cold weather team can still have an offensive juggernaut. We have the QB and the skill players so all we need to do is build the line back up a little.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
                              Herzlich + Osi are out. Mario is Doubtful. Bradshaw + Boley questionable. All others probable.

Not a terrible injury report.
                              Originally posted by Giantsfan1080
                              If Bradshaw and Boley are playing we just might have a shot.
                              The way Osi and Mario are playing I really dont think it hurts us that much. Osi's run defense is terrible and his one pass rush move actually causes the pocket to become GINORMOUS. Mario is the only one of the three that kindof hurts us but not really with the emergence of Barden who is probably better suited because size beats speed, mario did beat williams (2 times?) a year or two ago but i dont think that could happen again. Herzlich is good vs the run, but the packers run offense is turrible.

Gaining Bradshaw and Boley is regaining two essential parts of our team. Boley is probably the only candidate to limit Finley.
                              Last edited by BaLLiN; 12-03-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• I'm going to disagree on the Barden part. I know we all want Barden to show he's a great player, but there's no way any of us can say with a straight face that right here right now, he's better than Mario. Mario is 10X the WR he is until proven otherwise.

1 deep post doesn't make a career. That's what Barden brought on Monday. 1 deep post. I think we're so hell bent on wanting this guy to emerge that we're starting to reach for straws. Let him prove it first.

Right now I see a tall guy who gets off the line slowly that doesn't get much separation. He's tall and strong. I need to see more.

Having that said, if Mario needs surgery, chances are we don't re-sign him (unless he comes cheap and we're not interest in bringing my bff Steve Smith back), and in that case, it'll be interesting to see if Barden can emerge and step up as our future #3 moving forward.

I think moving forward, Nicks and Cruz are clearing our 1 and 2 of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information