Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 man rush was actually fairly effective. We often got pressure with it and at times Rodgers didn't know where to go with the ball, more early on though. The Jordy Nelson play was the backbreaker and he we got pressure and Rodgers just made a great throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      The 3 man rush was actually fairly effective. We often got pressure with it and at times Rodgers didn't know where to go with the ball, more early on though. The Jordy Nelson play was the backbreaker and he we got pressure and Rodgers just made a great throw.
      It got picked a part! Maybe once or twice it worked. When we needed it, especially in the red zone it got bend over and penetrated! It's a piss poor call. I get the theory of it. Rush 3, drop 8, but Fewell has to realize those fools blow assignments. So probably a stupid call AND stupid execution. Stop that and make it easier. We blow assignments regularly in this system! Guys are wide open!

He is so bad of a DC I can't fathom him coming back next year! We better fire him!

Comment

• We gave up 31 points on defense. I wouldn't say we were effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          We gave up 31 points on defense. I wouldn't say we were effective.

We need to force Coughlin to fire people, or lose his job. How many bad coordinators are we going to suffer through? I am very close to saying clean slate and I am a big TC fan. How do you defend:

Hufagel
          Lewis
          Sheridan
          Fewell

4!!! 4, stupid coordinators!

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
            We need to force Coughlin to fire people, or lose his job. How many bad coordinators are we going to suffer through? I am very close to saying clean slate and I am a big TC fan. How do you defend:

Hufagel
            Lewis
            Sheridan
            Fewell

4!!! 4, stupid coordinators!
            If Coughlin comes back next year, so will Fewell. That's almost a lock. Nobody is gonna give Fewell the HC gig he wants so bad. No one is that stupid.

Comment

We gave up 31 points on defense. I wouldn't say we were effective.
              It was fairly effective for what it is. Of course I still hate, but I thought it would fare much worse once I saw it being used.

Comment

If Coughlin comes back next year, so will Fewell. That's almost a lock. Nobody is gonna give Fewell the HC gig he wants so bad. No one is that stupid.
                Then click the button for Operation: Clean Slate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  It was fairly effective for what it is. Of course I still hate, but I thought it would fare much worse once I saw it being used.
                  I agree with you. The effort was there from everyone when we rushed just three. On one play in the first half Rodgers couldn't find anyone in 7-10 seconds when we rushed three. Great coverage there, so it can work in certain spots. But we do use it WAY too often though.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                  JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Overall I think yesterday was a very good day for us. Heading in, I said I was just wanted to be competitive and show some heart and pride. We did that and then some in my opinion. On top of that all 4 teams we should be concerned with lost (ATL, DET, CHI, and DAL).

Comment

• here's the thing: we all know the emotional team this is. we could either:
                      A) take this as a positive and win out and make the playoffs with a new sense of energy and pride
                      OR
                      B) roll over in pity, cry, and lose crucial games.

the only thing, if we do win out and make the playoffs, we'd be on a major hot streak, and we know this team can be dangerous when we're on a roll. so we'll see. next week essentially is our season
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• also, i love chase blackburn
                        also also, BBD, your boy petrus looked damn good last night
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          here's the thing: we all know the emotional team this is. we could either:
                          A) take this as a positive and win out and make the playoffs with a new sense of energy and pride
                          OR
                          B) roll over in pity, cry, and lose crucial games.

the only thing, if we do win out and make the playoffs, we'd be on a major hot streak, and we know this team can be dangerous when we're on a roll. so we'll see. next week essentially is our season
                          I agree with you Scotty, and it sounds like the players are leaning towards option A from the quotes I heard out of the locker room yesterday. I think we get on a roll and get into the playoffs, and we'll just have to see what happens from there on out!

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          also, i love chase blackburn
                          also also, BBD, your boy petrus looked damn good last night
                          The line did play better yesterday, Petrus and Boothe are both superior run blockers to the guys that were out(Beatty,Baas). Baas is looking like a very underwhelming signing right now. Boothe is just as good, it seems.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                          JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Boothe's shotgun snaps were scaring the crap at me. All really high. I thought he was going to botch one eventually.

Also we may have lost Kenny Phillips for a while. Sprained MCL.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                              Good game! However, it was the end result I expected. Eli and the offense went toe to toe with GB. But Tim Lewis... err.. Perry Fewell screwed this up!!! His defense got bend over! Stupid 3 man rush, AR has all day to find a guy and a TD to Driver with 3 minutes left. I HATE Perry Fewell! 3 man rush, drop 8, and they still blow an assignment! EVERY GAME THERE IS A BLOWN ASSIGNMENT!!

On the otherside, I am impressed with the GB offense obviously! I want a system like that. I am not a fan of ours, but yesterday we had a good day. Props to the offensive staff and players. I am not sold on GB's defense! They got picked a part as well!

I hate Perry Fewell so much!
                              lol, you thought we'd get blown out. I'm on the fire Fewell abndwagon though, the 3 man rush was way more effective this game than I thought it would be as we still got pressure a lot of the time we did that and the coverage didn't get beat as readily as when we blitzed, but if you can't crank it up late in a game like this that's a death sentence.

Either way I'm really psyched for next week, this is the type of game that can give our players a lot of positive momentum and that's what we need. Our team isn't very mentally tough if they're down on themselves but show good resilience when they've got a good feeling about themselves. Hopefully this game gives them that self-confidence to toughen up for the stretch.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                lol, you thought we'd get blown out. I'm on the fire Fewell abndwagon though, the 3 man rush was way more effective this game than I thought it would be as we still got pressure a lot of the time we did that and the coverage didn't get beat as readily as when we blitzed, but if you can't crank it up late in a game like this that's a death sentence.

Either way I'm really psyched for next week, this is the type of game that can give our players a lot of positive momentum and that's what we need. Our team isn't very mentally tough if they're down on themselves but show good resilience when they've got a good feeling about themselves. Hopefully this game gives them that self-confidence to toughen up for the stretch.
                                Haha i know! I got it half right. I got the they will score points part down, because Fewell stinks! But the offense came to play. apparently on BBI they posted pics showing that Boss did score on that play! I hate blown calls of that magnitude!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information