Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.

Our 2009 draft is looking pretty bad:

1. Nicks - great pick
    2. Sintim - bust
    2. Beatty - bust
    3. Beckum - bust
    3. Barden - book is still out, I'll give this a C+ for now
    4. Brown - bust (not Reese's fault though)
    5. Bomar - bust
    7. Wright - bust
    7. Woodson - bust

I know later round picks aren't busts, but they were still misses. That's a pretty terrible draft class. Especially considering how many picks we had. I recall loving that draft class too. I was estatic at the time, I wanted almost every one of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Hahahaa your just like me. I don't even come here and comment in our team thread after a loss until a day after. No sportscenter that night or Mike & Mike in the morning.

Anyway should be a great game, both teams are going to play hard, and while you guys don't have confidence in Fewell I can't remember the last time you guys didn't have one of your best defensive games vs us.
      Like BeerBaron said, watching Fewell's 3 man rushes vs Garret's TE bubble screens will be painful to watch lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.
        Two players i really like on the OL are Reiff (LT from Iowa) and Konz (C from Wisconsin). If we can get a line of:

Reiff-Petrus-Konz-Snee-Diehl

I will be eternally happy. Reiff should be there in mid-round of the 1st, Konz is probably a late first/high second. Give Osi away and get picks, we need to rebuild our DL and OL.

Another thing, we need to stop moving Kiwi back and forth from LB to DE to LB to DE. He is a fricken DE, that's it. He cannot keep up in coverage, and he is best vs. the run when he sets the edge as a DE.

One last thing, why aren't we using Tuck on the interior? that's where he does the most damage. We aren't getting much of any passrush from our DT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I really hope we see a lot of Martellus Bennet.

Every time that dude is on the field, bad stuff happens for Dallas. Like the ball bouncing off his face and into a defender kind of bad.
          Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.

Comment

• Damn you Fewell, STOP RUSHING 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that? More force? Should I yell louder? I am just practicing for the Dallas game!

Comment

• Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.
                It's very cliche to say, but it really depends on which Tony Romo shows up.

Our defense is going to either look great or look horrible, there's no in btw. I have absolutely no faith in Perry Fewell.

We are the 29th ranked defense in the league. 29th. There is absolutely no excuse for this defense to be that bad. Even with all our injuries, we are more talented than the 29th defense in the league. That's just a testament to how bad Perry Fewell is. On paper, our defense is as talented as any in the league, yet we're the 29th ranked defense in the league? That's just sad.

The key to this game is our defense vs Romo, and our oline vs the Cowboys blitz.

If Romo plays well and your blitzes get there, you win. If Romo buckles under pressure, and we pick up your blitzes, we'll win.

I just hope we can keep it close with the ball in Eli's hands at the end of the game. But I think we lose this game bc it's on the road, no Kenny Phillips, Perry Fewell is a tool, and I think Ryan cooks up some good pressures to confuse our pass protections.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                  Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...
                  That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can't see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.
                  Last edited by CDCB14; 12-11-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.
                    Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                      Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.
                      I meant can't, not can. I mistyped my post. Our secondary is going to get torched, no doubt about it.

Comment

• get your popcorn ready

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                          get your popcorn ready
                          Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Are you kidding me Gilbride, 2 fades (none to your ******* 6-6 reciever) and a draw from the 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?
                              well, considering what happened after he did that, I think you will change your opinion. We beat them in the playoffs as we went on to a superbowl...

Comment

• 3rd and 4 and we throw 30 yards downfield! Great play call!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information