Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    He's going to be a stud. To be fair though, he missed a # of blocks last night, but I'll chalk that up to growing pains.

    Prince on the other hand.....he looks slow. I just don't see us getting any significant contributions from him this year. He looks stiff too.
    Yea, he didn't look great last night. I'll give him a slight reprieve on that first long reception as I'm not sure whos fault it was (god damn zones). The 2nd one he was beat, but it shouldn't have been that long of a gain (we can't let romo have 9 seconds to throw). I was pleased he was able to track Robinson down though. That showed some speed.

    He has impressed me as a tackler and his ball skills look pretty good, hopefully his coverage improves.

    Comment


    • If you watched Prince in college, you could tell he was getting burned easily by the faster WRs, but he looked like an elite prospect because he played so physical and jammed WRs at the line of scrimmage.

      I thought he was overrated as an *elite* prospect but could be a solid Cover-2 guy or slot corner, which would not really make him worth a first round pick, imho.

      Comment


      • Eli and JPP are amazing, that goes without saying. Credit to Jacobs for running tough for 2 weeks in a row too.

        But guys, this defense is just awful. Absolutely awful. Front 7 is soft, we can't tackle, our LBs don't hit the hole, they wait for the RB to come to them, our secondary isn't willing to tackle, our safeties need to fill in gaps better, just a finesse, soft defense.

        And Perry Fewell is absolutely horrible. He called basic Tampa or Cover 3 on 80% of our snaps. It was the most basic defense I've seen from us since Tim Lewis. It was awful.

        This defense is too talented to play this bad. Tuck needs to go on IR, he's just out there, no effort from him. The scheme is horrible, and our back 7 is soft.

        We need a new set of linebackers who are tough who can tackle and hit the gaps and stop the run. We didn't play an 8 man front ALL NIGHT. Even in obvious run situations. It was sad.

        Just bad coordination, bad play, bad everything. Our defense is awful. There's no denying it. It starts with Fewell. 80% of it is Fewell, but there's still plays that need to be made on the field and guys aren't making them.

        We need to revamp that entire LB core.

        Comment


        • Revamping the LB core starts with moving Kiwi back to DE. I understand the idea that you want your best players on the field, but the guy is a DE trying to fake OLB.

          I don't see Osi back next year. There are plenty of snaps with Tuck-JPP-Kiwi-Tolly as our DEs. Boley is really our only LB, with Williams looking good in coverage. We still need a MLB and another OLB who can play the run. I think those 2 spots should be our focus this off season. Everything else kind of sorts itself out with players returning from injury.

          Comment


          • We need to sell out and get Luke Keuchly. Enough of sitting on our picks, Reese needs to actively and aggressively go after Luke this year.

            We've ignored this need long enough and it's time to go fix this position.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              We need to sell out and get Luke Keuchly. Enough of sitting on our picks, Reese needs to actively and aggressively go after Luke this year.

              We've ignored this need long enough and it's time to go fix this position.

              Don't be ridiculous BBD, we'll draft whoever is highest on big board, grab a 4th round linebacker and sign a 1 yr veteran stop gap. Duh.


              Anyway the only really needs I see are OL and LB, that should be our focus round 1-3.

              Comment


              • If Manningham catches that TD, we lose. How embarrassing is that.

                Comment


                • Props to Jacobs for playing well! JPP and Eli carried this team! Great individual performance!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    Props to Jacobs for playing well! JPP and Eli carried this team! Great individual performance!!
                    Did you hear Collingsworth say if he doesn't make the Pro Bowl there should be an investigation?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Did you hear Collingsworth say if he doesn't make the Pro Bowl there should be an investigation?
                      Well start the investigation because JPP is not even on the ballot.

                      Comment


                      • It's a joke. The only chance we ever have of winning this whole season is if we have the ball down by a score with 2 minutes to go. We have to ask Eli to win us the game every week.

                        It's a joke.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          It's a joke. The only chance we ever have of winning this whole season is if we have the ball down by a score with 2 minutes to go. We have to ask Eli to win us the game every week.

                          It's a joke.
                          Eli was frustrated by that. Watch the presser after the game. He said he is tired of coming back like that. It would be nice to hold a lead.


                          Telling words, I am sure it is talked about among the offensive players and even the offensive staff. The D stinks so bad, that it messes up what you want to call because they can't stop anyone!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                            Eli was frustrated by that. Watch the presser after the game. He said he is tired of coming back like that. It would be nice to hold a lead.


                            Telling words, I am sure it is talked about among the offensive players and even the offensive staff. The D stinks so bad, that it messes up what you want to call because they can't stop anyone!
                            Eli has 6 game winning drives this season. We have 7 wins. So basically, if Eli doesn't have the ball with 2 minutes left, we lose.

                            It's sad.

                            Comment


                            • This is the first time we've ever had 2 1,000 yard WR's in one year. I found that to be interesting.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Eli will have a career high in passing yards this season!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information