This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    He's going to be a stud. To be fair though, he missed a # of blocks last night, but I'll chalk that up to growing pains.

Prince on the other hand.....he looks slow. I just don't see us getting any significant contributions from him this year. He looks stiff too.
    i think he's injured again, he got it vs. Green Bay.

Comment

• The Giants ruined my monday! I finally fell asleep at around midnight yesterday, couldn't sleep earlier because I was so anxious for the game. Woke up at 2:30 am just in time for kickoff in Dallas. Spent the following three hours watching the game and nervously biting my fingernails off almost entirely! Game's over at 5:30 am, but i'm too excited to sleep at all!!

Had to get through a monday at work with meetings and stuff on two hours sleep, loads of caffeine and pure joy! Totally worth it!!

Eli Manning is a total stud, and the other offensive skill position players are sexy as hell! O-line is blegh, except for Petrus and Snee.

Our defense sucks worse than ever, except for uberstud JPP, he makes me jizz all night long!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
      JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Eli answers detractors, boosts status with season-saving performance

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...ng-performance

"That name is both a blessing and a curse," one Giants defender said. "It means he might never get what he deserves in terms of recognition. And believe me, he's carrying us right now. Carrying us."

"Look at our offense," one Giants coach said. "We are down so many guys and he's just making it all work. He's been unreal this season."

Comment

• At least they know he is carrying them.

Comment

• Coaches and players behind the scenes know these things. I been on a staff where the offense was slow, and got good. Meanwhile, the defense stunk like ours. Our HC was a DC too, so he told us score, be very aggressive, because we can't stop anyone.

So coaches know these things. Heck, even our offensive staff knew that it was on us because the defense was a mess. So coaches know what's up? Like any working situation, coaches can disagree with playcalling and talk about it alone behind closed doors.

Comment

• If only we had a defense that could at least hold the best offenses in the league to around 25 points, I would say we had a real shot at another superbowl. Eli and the offense can seemingly put up 30 on any team this year!

unfortunately we are more likely to allow 55 points than 25 on defense this year. Rebuild defense with new coordinator and some new LBs, get healthy, and get more stability on O-line and we will be VERY dangerous next year at least.

Hate to say it, but we are probably going to be betrayed by our defense this season, either in the reg. season or playoffs.

Comment

• If the problems are so easy to see even for us I don't understand why professional coaches don't make the correct adjustments. Would it really kill Perry to throw a gameplan out there one day that doesn't rely on so much zone. It boggles the mind.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Steve Smith (former Giant) on IR. So that's the end of that. Looks like the Giants doctors and their evaluation was dead on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    If the problems are so easy to see even for us I don't understand why professional coaches don't make the correct adjustments. Would it really kill Perry to throw a gameplan out there one day that doesn't rely on so much zone. It boggles the mind.
                    I really don't get it either. My best guess is that it's a philosophical principle of TC/PF, and that they revert back to the things they are most comfortable with when they lack the players to do a lot of different things scheme-wise. and unfortunately, that's tampa-2, a defensive style conflicting strongly with the strong suits of our healthy(and injured) players. It's just sad.

Comment

• I think a lot of reason why the zones aren't working is because we aren't getting any interior pressure. outside zones are usually the hardest to throw into because they are the easiest to react to as a defender. Inside zones, especially with average at best linebackers, are hard to defend because less time in the air. With little to no push in the middle, it allows apposing QB's to step up into their throws and blast them to the middle.

Spags did run a lot of zone, but he didn't allow quarterbacks to easily throw where the openings were because of this interior pressure. What is killing us is that Canty and Joseph don't get enough push and pressure on the interior. We aren't using Boley as a blitzer as much, and Williams isn't making the best of his opportunities, because Fewell has been trying to get A gap pressure yesterday.

Next year, Marvin Austin is gunna be the guy to watch.

Comment

• I think the main issues with the back seven. That must be our priority next year.

The nfl has become a passing league. We need better coverage.

I think we need to move Kiwanuka back to end and bring in a solid vet who can play OLB such as Dan Conner. That will give us two vet LBs for our passing situations with guys like Williams, Paysinger and co developing behind.

An upgrade at MLB would be nice and there are options in the draft and free agency. But if Goff is healthy he could be a good value option. The big need for our defense is better coverage from our OLBs and secondary.

With the passing offenses that are around, we need more speed at safety. I wouldn't mind seeing Prince move to an Ed Reed style FS role allowing Phillips and Rolle to play closer to the action. A group of Rolle, Phillips, Amukamara, Sash and possibly Jones is quite strong (remember Phillips enters a contract year in 2012).V

If Thomas is healthy, I like him being used in the Grant role (as originally envisioned this year). We do need to add corner depth though, I doubt Ross is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                          I think the main issues with the back seven. That must be our priority next year.

The nfl has become a passing league. We need better coverage.

I think we need to move Kiwanuka back to end and bring in a solid vet who can play OLB such as Dan Conner. That will give us two vet LBs for our passing situations with guys like Williams, Paysinger and co developing behind.

An upgrade at MLB would be nice and there are options in the draft and free agency. But if Goff is healthy he could be a good value option. The big need for our defense is better coverage from our OLBs and secondary.

With the passing offenses that are around, we need more speed at safety. I wouldn't mind seeing Prince move to an Ed Reed style FS role allowing Phillips and Rolle to play closer to the action. A group of Rolle, Phillips, Amukamara, Sash and possibly Jones is quite strong (remember Phillips enters a contract year in 2012).V

If Thomas is healthy, I like him being used in the Grant role (as originally envisioned this year). We do need to add corner depth though, I doubt Ross is back.
                          I wouldn't be worried about developing Paysinger. He made the team because we had two injuries at the position before the season. Out of the 4 rookie LBers the only ones I would bring back are Herzlich and Williams. After reading the camp press, I am very upset with Jones' play.

Also have you seen Giants.com? They are having a poll about which Giants gave "an extra effort" and the results are 95% JPP, 4% Jacbos, and 1% Eli. Holy ****. I guess our fanbase still isn't giving Eli his due.

Comment

• Well JPP plays like a mad man out there and Eli is the definition of calm so the question is dumb. If it was MVP of the game then it should be 60/40 Jpp/Eli.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm actually not a huge Luke fan. I think he's a very good linebacker but I've never been a fan of spending a first rounder on a linebacker unless I feel like he has impact potential. I see Luke more as a really good, solid, and reliable LB for 8-10 years. If we spend a first on anyone, I want him to be a guy who as stud potential to blow up the OL and really impact the game on every down.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted look, but I dunno, I just feel like if we're going to burn a first round pick on a LB he should have stud potential which I don't feel like Luke does.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Yea he lacks the athleticism to be a true force, but we could definitely use his tackling skills and instincts since we don't have any sure tacklers in our LB or DB corps since TT went down. If there was anyway we could get him round 2, that'd be great but we cant. Vontaze isn't as reliable, but he is much more athletic and with the right coaching *cough*spags*cough* he could be a machine. Te'o would have been the ideal guy for us, but he is returning to school.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information