Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what makes me nervous. The fact that we have so many things going our way heading into the game.

When was the last time this type of scenario actually worked out for us? We almost always lose when the stars align in our favor.

Comment

• Eh, you're probably right to an extent but I've never been a big believer in curses or jinx's. Every game is different. Every year is different. If we were facing the Rams or some other awful team then I'd say sure, this is the perfect time for a let down game.

We're facing a division rival on national television in a win or go home scenario. They have to show up or Coughlin clearly isn't doing his job and should be fired regardless.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• The major question to me is defensively, will we continue with a more simplified approach that doesn't use as much zone? Or will we go back to the infamous rush 3 cover 2?

And offensively, we desperately miss Ballard in the middle of the field, and it's obvious we don't have a 3rd WR who's dependable when Mario can't go. So will both be a go for Sunday? And if not, can we score enough to make up for it?

Comment

• My biggest question is the defense too. I've really never understood why coaches can't see what they're doing isn't working, especially when there is a huge sample size of it not working, and they still do nothing to fix it.

Is it because they have huge egos? Are they just insane, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I mean, if I'm a coordinator and I know I have good players and my defense is getting torched I'm going to at least TRY to make some changes, regardless of how small they are. I understand you can't overhaul the entire thing overnight, but there is no reason you can't mix it up.

It's not just Fewell, either. It's a lot of coaches on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• if fewell and this D don't come out fired up and attacking then head will roll. Tuck was an animal against the Jets and he already came out reminding us how much he hates the cowboys. a healthy (and fired up) Tuck is HUGE for us. Never thought I'd say this, but big mouth Antrel calling this team out may have been one of the best things for us. The D showed heart last week. It was against a **** Jets offense, but still
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Antrelle Rolle is more of a leader than Tuck is. Tuck is not a leader. At all.

Chewing on your mouth piece and sulking on the bench alone when your unit just got their teeth kicked in is not leadership. And Tuck does that all the time.

We need a vocal linebacker. Bc Rolle is a safety, he doesn't have enough bite to his bark. But Rolle is the most vocal leader we have on defense.

Comment

• Haha, I'm listening to Rolle right now on WFAN. I love him. He doesn't BS at all. He even says he knows he can be a loud mouth and that any criticisms people make about him regarding his big mouth he brings on himself.

It's kind of refreshing for a guy not to just blame the media or being taken out of context for the stuff he says. He seems pretty cool.

Comment

• I can't wait for the game either but I really have no feeling either way on it. I'm just goingo to enjoy the build up and yell my ass off when I'm there Sunday night.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The fact that the opponent is the Cowboys makes me more confident. We never lay a complete egg against them. When we do lose, it is normally and a high scoring game for both teams. We don't ever overlook them. How could you in a situation like this?

Obviously not to look too forward, but I actually think the NFC playoff picture is as favorable as it could be in my opinion. Not that it is really favorable at all, but if we win and get in, we would potentially avoid going to New Orleans. But again I shouldn't be thinking these things.
                    Last edited by Jughead10; 12-27-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• It's going to be a close game so let's just hope we're on the correct side. We need Mario to play in this one because he always has his big games against the Cowboys. I hope that knee gets healthy this week.

Tuck being the most healthy he's been all year is coming at the perfect time also. If Tuck/Jpp can get to the QB with the 4 man rush it'll help negate Fewell's foolishness.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm still pissed we got flexed to the night game. I'll be in New Orleans, likely finding anywhere with a TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          I'm still pissed we got flexed to the night game. I'll be in New Orleans, likely finding anywhere with a TV.
                          Isn't it better we got flexed then? You can watch the national TV game anywhere as if we stayed at 1 or 4 it's possible the Saints game would have been on.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Haha, it's going to be a hassle. I'm going to this game and because it's flexed to 8:30 I probably won't be getting home to 3-4 in the morning.

It's going to be worth it though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Isn't it better we got flexed then? You can watch the national TV game anywhere as if we stayed at 1 or 4 it's possible the Saints game would have been on.
                              I would have found a bar to watch all the games at 1/4 (my group has fans of every team). This way I'll probably have to go somewhere myself since people will be back to partying/passed out after the early games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                                I would have found a bar to watch all the games at 1/4 (my group has fans of every team). This way I'll probably have to go somewhere myself since people will be back to partying/passed out after the early games.
                                Got ya that does make sense.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information