This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I wish I knew about it!!! It sounds awesome so I'll have to hope they repeat it again. Was it called anything special?
    I don't remember. I caught it like 10 minutes into it. It was such a great special, they interviewed a bunch of players from both sides, notably Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, and Light from the Patriots. And what stood out to me was how they gave so much respect and credit to the Giants. They just get it. That's a team that gets it. I have so much respect for them.

The best part was the white board with Spags and McDaniels. They talked about a lot of things that go unnoticed in that game that I noticed myself. Like the first play of the game when Brady almost gets sacked on a designed screen pass. If he was able to get the pass off it's a touchdown.

The Kawika Mitchell sack, how that was a changeup that Spags cooked up the Thursday before the game. It was a great session.

I also came away from that whiteboard impressed with McDaniels. Have a newfound respect for him too.

Comment

• Spags disguised a CB blitz beautifully on a failed 4th down attempt. He had Michael Johnson lined up at WILL LB, Ross at CB, and Wilson at FS.

During the regular season game btw the 2 teams he blitzed Johnson and Ross from that formation and Wilson picked up the WR.

So the Pats saw that, and was ready for it. They called a sluggo to get Wilson to bite and they'd have an easy touchdown up top on it. So they were excited about the play.

BUT

Spags threw in a wrinkle. It was a disguise. Ross came on the blitz, Wilson jumped underneath and Johnson had to shoot down the field as the deep safety, essentially double teaming the WR on the route. So the WR still saw double coverage, with a blitzer coming from the corner.

So that designed sluggo they cooked up to beat us with got undone by a wrinkle Spags cooked up bc he anticipated them having a change up in their gameplan to that same alignment.

Just 1 example of the many great chess matches btw 2 great coordinators.

Comment

• That's something we've got away from under Fewell. I don't remember seeing any CB or S blitzes the last 2 years. I'm so sick of this guy.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• He used to blitz Rolle a lot. But my problem with Fewell is that he seems to have a designated blitzer that he uses every time. That takes away the confusion of the blitz every time you do that. Bc teams just have to identify where that specific guy is lined up and pick him up.

Also his blitzes lack imagination. No stunts, guys look hesitant and don't understand which gap to attack, they're just poorly designed.

Comment

• And they also are almost always delayed. It makes no sense.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

And they also are almost always delayed. It makes no sense.
              That's how the Cowboys blitz. The blitz guys that don't even reach the LOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                That's how the Cowboys blitz. The blitz guys that don't even reach the LOS.
                Well that's good for both offenses on Sunday night then. As we start to get closer to the game I'm feeling very uneasy.

We never get there in time also when we blitz the LB's like that. I think it's a read where if the LB has no one to cover he's supposed to go but it just gives the QB more time to find the WR in our crappy zone.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well that's good for both offenses on Sunday night then. As we start to get closer to the game I'm feeling very uneasy.

We never get there in time also when we blitz the LB's like that. I think it's a read where if the LB has no one to cover he's supposed to go but it just gives the QB more time to find the WR in our crappy zone.
                  Our LBers just get picked up our run into the line. The Cowboys have guys who just blitz from far out and don't even touch a soul or reach the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Speaking of which, did anyone catch the Giants/Patriots Super Bowl special on ESPN on Christmas?

I wish I DVR'd it. It was great, had a lot of player interviews, and they had a session where Spags and McDaniels both were on the whiteboard breaking down plays and what each of their units did on each particular play.

It was a great special, and after watching the special it really made you miss Spags even more bc of how brilliant he was.

Just to throw some gas on the fire lol.
                    damn i cant find anything about this show, i just looked for it for like half an hour haha it sounds so legit though i freaking love that kind of stuff
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

• I think it was part of "NFL's Greatest Games" special or something.

Comment

• Sounds like Ballard and Herzlich are out this Sunday. Osi and Mario are looking like a go while Nicks it the real question mark. We need Nicks on the field even if he's not at 100% just to draw some coverage away from Cruz and Mario.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Nfc East Champs Baby!!!!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                          JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• I just wanted to tell you guys congrats. The bottom line is the cowboys don't have an offensive line that is good enough to compete in the playoffs. We didn't deserve to go to the tournament. You guys earned it and we didn't.

I will be rooting for you. I want you to keep the championship in the NFC East. I would love to see you beat the Packers down. I am tired of hearing about them.

Again-congratulations! Make us proud. If we can't win the super bowl, I want to lose out to the guys that do win it.
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                              I just wanted to tell you guys congrats. The bottom line is the cowboys don't have an offensive line that is good enough to compete in the playoffs. We didn't deserve to go to the tournament. You guys earned it and we didn't.

I will be rooting for you. I want you to keep the championship in the NFC East. I would love to see you beat the Packers down. I am tired of hearing about them.

Again-congratulations! Make us proud. If we can't win the super bowl, I want to lose out to the guys that do win it.
                              I second this. Eli is the truth. In fact, i'm glad he did what he did the past 2 games on us because it shows the front office guys like terence newman need to get the f*ck out lol.

Good win, unlike Jets fan the giants are a classy organization. Good luck in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                                I just wanted to tell you guys congrats. The bottom line is the cowboys don't have an offensive line that is good enough to compete in the playoffs. We didn't deserve to go to the tournament. You guys earned it and we didn't.

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                I second this. Eli is the truth. In fact, i'm glad he did what he did the past 2 games on us because it shows the front office guys like terence newman need to get the f*ck out lol.

Good win, unlike Jets fan the giants are a classy organization. Good luck in the playoffs.
                                Thank you guys. Classy of you to congratulate us, and I feel the same way about your team. good team with classy players who deserve success way more than for example Philly.

The Cowboys are really not that far away from being a great team. One more year in Rob's defense, and you will be much improved. But you desperately need one or two new corners, and some help on the interior O-line. That's certainly doable this offseason!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                                JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information