Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin doesn't want him back so unfortunately it probably won't happen. Don't worry though we'll see him at least 2 times when he's getting a TD for Philly.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Coughlin doesn't want him back so unfortunately it probably won't happen. Don't worry though we'll see him at least 2 times when he's getting a TD for Philly.
      that nfl article is ridiculous, just because vick went to jail and plax went to jail doesnt mean theyre going to the same team. Its not like theyre the only team out there capable of damage control

Comment

• I'll be very excited if we signed one of these three OLBs:
        1. Manny Lawson
        2. Quincy Black
        3. James Anderson

Comment

• I think Lawson would be an interesting addition, but I just can't us see dipping to deep into the FA pool as we have so much to resign ourselves.

Comment

• Tulloch is my #1 guy that I want, move Goff to WILL, keep Boley at SAM and put him at MIKE. Weak OLB class this year, but some solid MIKEs. If we can't get Tulloch though, I would love to sign Rocky McIntosh

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I don't think we make any FA splashes. We have so many of our own guys that we need to lock up, I doubt we really go after anybody.

Maybe some midlevel veterans for depth and insurance policies for questionable players in our starting lineups, but I don't expect much beyond that.

As far as linebackers are concerned, I rather just stay away. Why spend FA money on a marginal player? We have plenty of marginal linebackers, we don't need to add more in FA.

And getting linebackers in FA would prevent us from going after them in the draft, and this upcoming draft could potentially be a very good linebacker draft, so I rather just go with what we have and draft linebackers in the upcoming draft.

No FA linebacker is going to make that dramatic of an impact to our defense.

I think we should grab a veteran mid level Center and that's about it. The rest, just lock up our own guys and go with our team.

We're not that far away guys. We were 10-6 this year and I felt like if we were healthy we couldve made some serious noise in the playoffs. Sometimes it takes a couple of years before your team is ready, and I feel like the talent we compiled over the past couple of drafts should be right where we need them to be this year. If not, then maybe it's time to start giving up on a couple of young guys, but I think tihs year the light comes on for a lot of our young guys.

To win a SB you need the right combination of health, veterans, young guys, developed talent and depth, talent (duh), coaching, and luck.

I think we have the right mix of veterans and developed young guys, our coaching staff is a coin toss, we have depth.

Health and luck you can never predict. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Would you guys cut bait on McKenzie and give the same deal to Gaither? (7yrs 37.5 mil)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                  Would you guys cut bait on McKenzie and give the same deal to Gaither? (7yrs 37.5 mil)
                  They won't shell out that kind of money with Beatty and Brewer on the roster. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that color
                  Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
                    They won't shell out that kind of money with Beatty and Brewer on the roster. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that color
                    haha, noob trolls are hilarious.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      haha, noob trolls are hilarious.
                      sept 2006 < jan 2007

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        sept 2006 < jan 2007

hmmm, yes, and the vast differential in posts have nothing to do with anything as well as him having an eagles avy posting in a giants thread talking **** on Damix, one of the most respected posters on this board, and not know the story about his color typing. but sure.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• This isn't a suprise to anyone here but this is what a scout said about Eli and our offense to the Sporting News:

"I really think Eli's not going to have the turnover-prone year that he had last year. I don't think he's going down; I think he's still trending upwards. My opinion is it falls on (offensive coordinator Kevin) Gilbride. I really think his offense, with the players they have, neeeds to be - I hate to say this - dumbed down. It's too complicated, especially with receivers and the number of young guys they have there. They're required to do a lot more than most teams as far as options on routes. ...

"They've got a very, very complicated passing offense and, couple that with the turnovers, and it was kind of a little bit of a disaster there. The turnovers really killed them. The receivers not really being where they should be a lot of times caused a lot of turnovers.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            This isn't a suprise to anyone here but this is what a scout said about Eli and our offense to the Sporting News:
                            This is why I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind a fresh start from Coughlin. While I like Coughlin as a coach, I also know the price that comes with him: Kevin Gilbride and musical chairs at DC.

And that's what's been holding this team back for awhile. I have no problem with Coughlin, but as long as he's our coach we will continue to have stop gap coordinators on defense and Kevin Gilbride on offense, and that just depresses me.

Having a new HC (preferably a 4-3 pressure based guy) with a new offensive staff would be a much needed breath of fresh air eventually. I just hope that doesn't happen too late when we have to rebuild.

In a perfect world we'd retain Coughlin and wipe out his offensive staff and get a pressure based DC, but that's just not happening. I hope our team is talented enough to overcome our coordinators though, KG in particular.

To be fair to Gilbride, I do like our running concepts a lot, but man I hate the run n shoot. Can you imagine how dominant our WR core could be if we ran a simpler offense? It's painful to think about.

Comment

• Am I crazy for still wanting Randy Moss? I feel like he has a chip on his shoulder and will give a damn this year.

And if that Randy Moss comes back...oh man. He's very experienced with our style of offense too bc NE runs a very similar offense. They just have much smarter WRs so it works better.

Brady himself said that Moss is the smartest player he ever played with, and he was referring to his ability to read defenses and run his choice route to perfection. He's actually a very good fit if he doesn't have his head in his ass.

Plus I've always secretly wanted Moss on the Giants. He's one of my favorite offensive players of all time, and the thought of Eli to Moss just tickles my pickle.

Who am I kidding though, theres no way in hell we get him.

Comment

• Yeah you're crazy. But I think in the time it took you to type that post, you realized that yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information