Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new stadium isn't as windy as the old one.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      the area doesn't matter, the difference is being a dome team. It doesn't matter if it's -20 outside if you're playing in a dome. Eli's more accustomed to the infamous East Rutherford winds whereas Matty Ice isn't. And even when it's not windy...it is.
      Fair enough. But Eli doesn't really play well at home, do you think these conditions are part of why he plays better on the road? Plus isn't this a new stadium, while you guys have played 10/11 games in it now it's not quite "home" yet is it?

      I agree it doesn't matter if you're playing in a dome, but if you're living in, and practicing in those temperatures which the Falcons do since their facility is outdoors, it's really not that big of a difference I wouldn't think. I could totally be wrong here, we don't get the same wind here as you guys do I'm sure, I expect that to play havoc with the passes for both teams. More so against the Falcons than the Giants as Eli has a bit of a stronger arm than Matt.

      I'd give the adjustment edge to the Falcons WRs over the Giant WRs though. With Julio and Roddy we've got 2 WRs who really do a good job of getting to the ball if it's off the mark.

      Comment


      • Cruz had a better season than Whote and Nicks had a better season than Jones so I'm not sure how you guys get the edge. At worst it's a push.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Cruz had a better season than Whote and Nicks had a better season than Jones so I'm not sure how you guys get the edge. At worst it's a push.
          But when you go deeper than that Mario is better than Harry Douglas.

          Comment


          • I don't know about that. Mario has been hurt and nonexistant the past 3 weeks.

            And Barden is a bum. We really only have 2 reliable WRs right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I don't know about that. Mario has been hurt and nonexistant the past 3 weeks.

              And Barden is a bum. We really only have 2 reliable WRs right now.
              Yeah he's been hurt. But we know he can be a quality WR. Douglas had his best season this year. 39 catches 498 yards. Which is basically what Mario did, but we know Mario can be better.

              Comment


              • Btw, can we all finally agree and put an end to the Ramses Barden is good train?

                I think it's official that he sucks now. He's had more than enough time and opportunities to make his presence felt as our 3rd WR and bombed every time.

                Comment


                • I think the fact that even when he was the 3rd WR for a game, he barely saw the field says enough. They'd split Ballard out wide before putting Barden out there. Beckum sees the field more.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Cruz had a better season than Whote and Nicks had a better season than Jones so I'm not sure how you guys get the edge. At worst it's a push.
                    The more you look into it the more you can see how close this is, I give the edge to Atlanta due to my affinity for the team, maybe this should be a push instead. I still like Roddy more than Cruz, despite Cruz having a better year production wise, and I'd still take Julio over Nicks, and honestly between harry and mario I couldn't care who I got both are really good slot guys.

                    I had a big long write up comparing production, but basically it boils down to, Roddy's done it longer against double coverage than Cruz has, and Jones has been a man child of late rounding out the season with 8 touchdowns in his last 7 games, more than Nicks had in 16 games.

                    The yardage can be such an inflated stat, especially for a team who was playing from behind a lot, and without their starting RB. They had to throw, while Atlanta threw a lot too, don't get me wrong, when you're throwing for comebacks, vs throwing to move the chains, you're playing 2 different games with route combos, and trying to milk clock vs trying to conserve it and get big chunk plays.
                    Last edited by the_dark_knight; 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Yeah he's been hurt. But we know he can be a quality WR. Douglas had his best season this year. 39 catches 498 yards. Which is basically what Mario did, but we know Mario can be better.
                      You can say that for Harry too, look at what he did when given the opportunity to be a bigger part of the offense was Jones was out, he stepped up and made plays and kept things moving for Atlanta. He's a stud, but we have a BUM of an Offensive coordinator, not to mention the fact he's the #4 WR for ATL.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                        You can say that for Harry too, look at what he did when given the opportunity to be a bigger part of the offense was Jones was out, he stepped up and made plays and kept things moving for Atlanta. He's a stud, but we have a BUM of an Offensive coordinator, not to mention the fact he's the #4 WR for ATL.
                        I don't think you can say Harry is a stud. Mario has started in this league before and played decently well. It just happens we have 2 better WRs. Apparently Atlanta did not think Harry is a stud otherwise they wouldn't have traded their whole draft for Julio.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Btw, can we all finally agree and put an end to the Ramses Barden is good train?

                          I think it's official that he sucks now. He's had more than enough time and opportunities to make his presence felt as our 3rd WR and bombed every time.
                          I'm being 100% serious when I say he's showed what I want to see this year. I expect a good year next year from Barden. If Mario leaves he'll be a perfect #3.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I think the fact that even when he was the 3rd WR for a game, he barely saw the field says enough. They'd split Ballard out wide before putting Barden out there. Beckum sees the field more.
                            Barden has better stats this year and he was out half the year. Beckum is garbage. Ballard is actually a good TE despite him being slow as **** and that's why he's on the field more.
                            #Chop


                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I don't think you can say Harry is a stud. Mario has started in this league before and played decently well. It just happens we have 2 better WRs. Apparently Atlanta did not think Harry is a stud otherwise they wouldn't have traded their whole draft for Julio.
                              Okay, maybe I should say stud slot guy. But when asked to start Harry was extremely productive, and when going in for an injured Julio Jones he really stepped it up. Harry has been a spot starter and has done well whenever he's been given the opportunity. Last year he struggled a bit with drops, but it was mostly getting back into football shape and getting into the flow. This season he hasn't had that problem and has really proved his worth. Not to many 5th options in your offense will come up with 500 yards for your team on the season. Especially not in a more ball control style of offense like Mularkey likes to run.

                              But you're right if he was just a pure 'stud' he'd be starting. But he's a stud for his position, much like I think Mario is a stud slot guy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Barden has better stats this year and he was out half the year. Beckum is garbage. Ballard is actually a good TE despite him being slow as **** and that's why he's on the field more.
                                I'm really sad to read that. I liked him, and I think he's got potential to be a very good TE, never elite, but I thought he was going to be good. Maybe he just need a bit more time to really find a spot, or maybe he just doesn't really fit what you guys do with TEs?

                                I haven't watched the Giants a lot this year, mostly just redzone channel, so I can't speak for their entire games and gameplans. But I really thought he'd be a pretty solid TE. I mean I don't know why you guys didn't keep Kevin Boss, but I thought he'd make a nice transition.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information