This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I'm not concerned with a 4 DT. We have Austin. We rush 3 or 4 DEs on 3rd and long. 4 DT is way down the list for me.
    I don't see us re-signing Bernard. Which means we'd only have 3 DTs worth a damn on defense: Canty, Joseph, and Austin. And to be fair, I'm not the biggest Austin fan. So we really only have 2 dependable DTs on the roster as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't mind drafting a 4th guy to push the other 3 for playing time. Depth can't hurt. I'm not saying draft 1 in the first 3 rounds, but a guy in the 4th would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I don't see us re-signing Bernard. Which means we'd only have 3 DTs worth a damn on defense: Canty, Joseph, and Austin. And to be fair, I'm not the biggest Austin fan. So we really only have 2 dependable DTs on the roster as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't mind drafting a 4th guy to push the other 3 for playing time. Depth can't hurt. I'm not saying draft 1 in the first 3 rounds, but a guy in the 4th would be nice.
      I guess. I'd rather take TE, RB, 2 OL, or even 2 LB before we even touched DT. Obviously we will go BPA, but those are all greater need in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        For a team that's in the NFC Championship we're sure going to have a lot of turnover going into next year.
        There's a ton of turnover every year though. Compare our starting roster at the end of the 2010 season to our roster right now. We had a ton of turnover this year compared to last year.

And next year will be no different. And the year after that and the year after that etc. It's why drafting well is so important to having a consistently great team.

Thank God for Jerry Reese.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Stop insulting my Stevey.
          : P

That's what we need. Catch a pass and drop into the fetal position! What makes us cash money is that all 3 guys can take to the hizzy at any given time. Smith isn't going to break tackles and take it 86 yards. We can sign him as depth, but if MM leaves I want someone explosive to replace him. We can't slack off just because one guy leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I guess. I'd rather take TE, RB, 2 OL, or even 2 LB before we even touched DT. Obviously we will go BPA, but those are all greater need in my opinion.
            I can agree with that. But it depends on the board as always. If the best available DT is significantly better than the best available player in all those above positions, I say we take him. It all depends on the board like always.

Comment

• Look at the Saints. Could you imagine if Eli, Snee, Nicks and Cruz were all FA after this year?

Comment

• Speaking of which Nicks would be a great sign to play LG for us.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We have a logjam inside, we need OTs. Im ok with Diehl playing LT again next year. He's good ol reliable. He's not great, but he doesn't suck either. That's good enough with Eli at qb.

Petrus should start next year at LG. I want Konz at C but I know that's wishful thinking bc we had the horrible mistake of signing Baas, so we're stuck with him unfortunately, Snee has a couple of years left in the tank at RG even though he's not nearly as good as he used to be. We need a RT. I wouldn't bet on Brewer, we need another guy to compete for that spot. I don't like Beatty at RT bc he's soft. He's just a bust, let's face it.

In a perfect world, we draft Konz, cut Baas, start Petrus at LG, move Diehl to RT and find a great LT from somewhere, but that's not happening. We have to mix and match and see what we can piece together.

Comment

• I think Baas has been pretty good since the Jets game. I'd like to give him a full offseason with his teammates as well. C is a very difficult position to play with no training camps and learning a whole new system. Throw some of the injuries and he's been behind the 8 ball all year.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Big win Fellas, this is straight up gravy right now

The next game is going to be a 1980's style slugg it out type game that I will love. Its sort of sad that Samurai Mike built that D and he didn't get a chance to taste success. He also was instrumental in getting Vernon Davis to step up his game. His handling of the QB position did him in.

I really like the idea of bringing in Curtis Lofton, however I'm not sure that the Falcons allow him to walk. How are we on Burfict? His draft stock has been taking a pounding. It seems like he will be around by the time we pick. Do any of you think Geno Hayes would workout for us. He is a Tampa 2 guy that can run.

As for the dynamic HB, it appears that you want Lamar Miller.

I would be happy with a RT/LT tweener. A guy who can slot in at Lt for Kareem, and could also challenge Beatty at LT. Deihl then moves back to beasting at G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I think Baas has been pretty good since the Jets game. I'd like to give him a full offseason with his teammates as well. C is a very difficult position to play with no training camps and learning a whole new system. Throw some of the injuries and he's been behind the 8 ball all year.
                        This is where I'm at with Baas aswell. Especially if we're bringing one kid into the mix in Petrus already. Let him play between Diehl and Baas for a year and I think our inside will be just fine. I do agree that getting another young OT with top end upside to polish would be huge whether to replace McKenzie immediately or to groom behind Diehl for a bit, but another youngin needs to be brought in. I still have hope that Beatty can put it together this next year but that's all it is, hope, I have no expectations for him although I do think he could still prove me wrong, but either way we need a guy to develop and if Beatty turns it on then we have one of them good problems.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• With how the defense is playing, do you think Fewell is a chance to get a head coaching gig?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            This is where I'm at with Baas aswell. Especially if we're bringing one kid into the mix in Petrus already. Let him play between Diehl and Baas for a year and I think our inside will be just fine. I do agree that getting another young OT with top end upside to polish would be huge whether to replace McKenzie immediately or to groom behind Diehl for a bit, but another youngin needs to be brought in. I still have hope that Beatty can put it together this next year but that's all it is, hope, I have no expectations for him although I do think he could still prove me wrong, but either way we need a guy to develop and if Beatty turns it on then we have one of them good problems.
                            I think an OT will be our top priority unless we extend McKenzie.

Other than that we need an MLB, S (replace grant) and TE

Comment

• Does anyone think Beatty would be better off at RT?
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                                With how the defense is playing, do you think Fewell is a chance to get a head coaching gig?
                                I don't think its likely, but its a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information