This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very true.

What about Jared Gaither? He's another guy I liked a lot when healthy, but his back scares the crap out of me.

Comment

• We have our version of Gaither right now in Shawn Andrews. It's not really worth the money to have two of them.

As for Moss he was also one of my favorite players but I don't want him within 100 miles of this team. He'd be a terrible fit.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not only a terrible fit, but we have
        Nicks, Manningham, Barden, Jernigan, Thomas, Cruz, Hixon and we could re-sign Smith and Burress.

Were does Moss fit in all that?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          This is why I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind a fresh start from Coughlin. While I like Coughlin as a coach, I also know the price that comes with him: Kevin Gilbride and musical chairs at DC.

And that's what's been holding this team back for awhile. I have no problem with Coughlin, but as long as he's our coach we will continue to have stop gap coordinators on defense and Kevin Gilbride on offense, and that just depresses me.

Having a new HC (preferably a 4-3 pressure based guy) with a new offensive staff would be a much needed breath of fresh air eventually. I just hope that doesn't happen too late when we have to rebuild.

In a perfect world we'd retain Coughlin and wipe out his offensive staff and get a pressure based DC, but that's just not happening. I hope our team is talented enough to overcome our coordinators though, KG in particular.

To be fair to Gilbride, I do like our running concepts a lot, but man I hate the run n shoot. Can you imagine how dominant our WR core could be if we ran a simpler offense? It's painful to think about.

And you're a defensive guy. Can you imagine how I must feel seeing other QBs in other systems, and then watching our Phd offense at work? It's beyond painful!

Comment

• Honestly as much as I love Caughlin, I cannot wait for him to retire and a fresh start with coaches

SPLOOSH

Comment

• "Eli throws deep to Moss!"

*drools*

Comment

• Chad Jones looking to play in 2012 as a linebacker. Best of luck to him, hope he defies odds.

Dan Graziano (ESPN NFC East blogger) expects giants to look at Poz, Ruud or Tulloch in FA.

I wouldn't break the bank for any of them

Comment

• I don't really think we make any big splashes in FA. It's going to be about re-signing what we have around already. Nnamdi would have been the only player I'm interested in but that's not going to happen.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    Chad Jones looking to play in 2012 as a linebacker. Best of luck to him, hope he defies odds.

Dan Graziano (ESPN NFC East blogger) expects giants to look at Poz, Ruud or Tulloch in FA.

I wouldn't break the bank for any of them
                    i knew it i knew it i knew it. Chad Jones would be a good WILL imo. He has the frame to do it, i hope he can recover.

Comment

• If Chad Jones plays period in 2012 I will be happy. It will be a huge story when he returns.

Also, if we get anyone of those LBs I will be happy, but I would look at Tulloch, then Rudd, then Poz.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Goff was pretty good last year though...
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• My money is on one free agent LB, with Poslunzsy the preferred option.

Goff would slide outside to SLB splitting time with Sintim.

Poslunzsy is an ideal fit for us at MLB (and I believe at the top of our free agency wish list), plus he knows Fewell and Fewell's schemes. You have to think Poslunzsy would love to play behind our Dline and for a team with legitimate playoff aspirations.

If you look over our draft history, we haven't prioritised LB, but we have been willing to spend money in free agency, such as Mike Barrow, Lavar Arrington and Antonio Pierce.

Other than that, we won't be too active, either resigning our current guys or finding their replacement (possibly upgrading in some cases).
                          Last edited by Big_Pete; 06-29-2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• I'm rooting for Chad Jones obviously, but to be honest, I'd be absolutely shocked if his career isn't over.

As for FA LBs, I just want to stay away. None of them are worth it. Poz is intriguing, but he's not a dominant player, and I'm tired of having average linebackers.

I want us to draft 1. Now I know our history shows that we won't do that, but hopefully that changes. Or if we can't draft one, next year Lofton might be a FA, or Timmons might be one. Do I see either of them being available? No, but those are the type of LBs I'd be all over in FA.

Not a Poz.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I'm rooting for Chad Jones obviously, but to be honest, I'd be absolutely shocked if his career isn't over.

As for FA LBs, I just want to stay away. None of them are worth it. Poz is intriguing, but he's not a dominant player, and I'm tired of having average linebackers.

I want us to draft 1. Now I know our history shows that we won't do that, but hopefully that changes. Or if we can't draft one, next year Lofton might be a FA, or Timmons might be one. Do I see either of them being available? No, but those are the type of LBs I'd be all over in FA.

Not a Poz.
                              I hear what you are saying and frankly I agree with you in principle. But I disagree about the kind of impact Pozlunzsy would have on the team.

I think he would be the leader/coach on the field kind of guy that will help get more out of other other guys. I think he would make a big difference to be honest. I also think he is an ideal fit for what we are looking for and can slot right into Fewell's scheme without too much problem. I also think he will be right around the price range Reese is willing to spend.

I also don't think signing a guy like Pozlunzsy would preclude drafting a LB early next year. My ideal overhaul of our LBs would see Paul Pozlunzsy signed this year and draft Luke Kuchley next year. This also seems to fit the general game plan of filling needs in Free Agency, building through the draft and also slowly working our rookies into the rotation.
                              Last edited by Big_Pete; 06-30-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• He doesn't solve any problems for us though. He's not overly athletic. When he was coming out he was athletic enough, but not anymore. He's gone through knee injuries.

We might as well stick with Goff. Goff isn't a terrible MIKE, he's a very solid one who is probably unappreciated. If we're going to replace him, it should be with a guy who is athletic.

Goff is great at lining his guys up and reading plays. He's just not a leader. Leadership can only do so much though. Pierce was a leader. He was a leader with love handles who got pancaked by blockers and beat like a drum in coverage. Let's not pretend he was perfect either.

We need athletic linebackers. That's what's missing from this team. Boley is athletic, but has been injury prone since he got here and a little soft in the run game. We need an athletic MIKE in the worst way.

Think of it this way, if Poz was that great, they wouldn't let him go. It's not like Buffalo has so many other guys they need to pay that they can't afford Poz. They're just letting him go. That's a red flag to me, especially when a team that lacks talent is willing to let go one of their guys who is somewhat talented.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information