This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Beatty shouldn't start. He's a backup swing OT. Our line was significantly improved when Beatty got hurt. Sacks went down, our run game was less pathetic. It was all a direct impact of Beatty not being out there.

Beatty getting hurt was one of the best things that happened to us this year.
    I felt like our line wasn't much better without Beatty. I felt it was at it's best simply when Petrus was inserted into the lineup. The drop off between Beatty and Diehl is small (outside of the run game) and that Beatty would be fine to plug into the line up if needed.

That wouldn't stop be from looking for an upgrade by any means though.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I think we all can agree that Petrus better start next year. Petrus is going to be a beast. I love Petrus. With Snee aging, it wouldn't shock me if Petrus is our best G next year.

Comment

• I think Beatty was better at RT. When he had to replace Mckenzie when he got hurt

Comment

• Joseph, Manningham, Goff were some others who didn't do much their first years but went on to do well.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I love Petrus a lot because he has that nasty streak in him but he really needs to improve his pass blocking. He's above average at the run right now but below average in the pass. If he can get better in that area then yes he definitely needs to start next year. I think he will improve.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Joseph, Manningham, Goff were some others who didn't do much their first years but went on to do well.
              But all 3 of them flashed potential in their rookie years. Petrus didn't do anything his rookie year as well but flashed potential.

Jernigan looked awful. He only made the team bc he was a 3rd round pick rookie, they don't get cut right away. Even when he saw the field this season during the regular season, he looked awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                But all 3 of them flashed potential in their rookie years. Petrus didn't do anything his rookie year as well but flashed potential.

Jernigan looked awful. He only made the team bc he was a 3rd round pick rookie, they don't get cut right away. Even when he saw the field this season during the regular season, he looked awful.
                Not really. Manningham had 4 catches his rookie year. Linval was inactive almost every game. Goff I think had 5 tackles and those were on special teams. They didn't flash ****.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sure they did. Joseph's potential won't show up on the stat line. Mario flashed his potential when he caught a deep ball in the regular season. Goff looked good at SAM in the PS when they had him in there, don't forget he hurt his back his rookie season in the PS.

That's why it's a flash. Flashes don't always show up on the stat line. A flash can be a clean release on press coverage and putting a move on your DB. A flash can be a Guard who blocks 2 guys on a sweep, a flash can be a DT who devours 2 guys on the oline with regularity, a flash can be how a LB looks in his drops and how he reads and feels his gap in the run game, etc. You gotta show me something, anything, a play that makes me go "ok, he has something"

I saw nothing from Jernigan to make me think that. Not even a single play.

Comment

• Joseph was inactive every game but one!! The guys you listed last page have certainly flashed using your definition of the word. Sintim, Moss, and even Beckum flashed a sign here or there. Barden as well especially :).
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What I saw was when Jernigan was in man off coverage, he ran great route stems and got consistent separation, but lost it because he didn't continue his routes to the same degree or know where to sit in coverage.

Comment

• The front office are reportedly interested in Alex Van Pelt to replace Sullivan. Any thoughts?

Jacobs has also publicly said he would like to play for the Jets

Comment

• Then **** Jacobs then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                            The front office are reportedly interested in Alex Van Pelt to replace Sullivan. Any thoughts?

Jacobs has also publicly said he would like to play for the Jets
                            No way, after Jacobs talking to Ryan and said "I'm gunna punch you in the ******* mouth" theres no way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                              No way, after Jacobs talking to Ryan and said "I'm gunna punch you in the ******* mouth" theres no way.

from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ning-the-jets/

ǣIt was a situation, Jacobs told the New York Times regarding his post-game spat with Rex. ǣWe were rivals then. Theres no apology needed.

and

ǣI like the way Rex handles his business, Jacobs said. ǣThe guys on that team I know, know how I feel.

Comment

• Jacobs just doesn't wanna screw himself out of a job. If that fuckface wants to play for the Jets and get a free pass to run his mouth from Rex and then destroy that locker room even more...let him...good riddance!

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information