Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs also said he'd like to stay with the Giants first and foremost. Talk about overreacting.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jacobs is just postering. I doubt we bring him back, because I don't know if we can meet his "fair" deal. That's like saying, hey me and this girl are dating, but if we can't make it work, I can always date her sister! LOL. So now the mentality is make it work or else.

I don't know if the Giants will care either way. We will try our best if Jacobs and the Giants can't come to a fair deal, then bye bye Jacobs. Let him go to the Jets then. I got the feeling he wanted to stay local and not up root and go somewhere else.

Comment

• Dude. Moss says he can run a 4.3.

A 4.3

Comment

• jacobs can leave, I really don't care about that.

and I hope you're not wearing sweatpants BBD because your moss boner has gotta be out of control right now
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Dude. Moss says he can run a 4.3.

A 4.3

He is a lazy MOFO! If he feels like he isn't a factor he will mentally check out. That being said, he'd fit right in with the sanchize and the collection of those players.

Comment

• I hope Jacobs stays. He gets to be a loud mouth sometimes but I love what he brings to the team.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Dude. He said he's going to rip the league up! Sounds like hungry Randy to me.

1 year contract. 20 touchdowns. Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Jacobs also said he'd like to stay with the Giants first and foremost. Talk about overreacting.
                  Yea I know, but I never liked the dude lol. Probably the only Giant I've ever disliked

SPLOOSH

Comment

• The Giants are reportedly $7.3m over the expected cap.

We have $1.06m left against the 2011 cap which under the new CBA can be carried over to the 2012 cap if the owners request it.

It means we are around $6.24m over the cap.

Considering our other priorities trading Osi ($3.975m) and releasing Jacobs ($4.9m) would put us at $2.625m under the cap.

Sure there are options to make cap room. But it doesn't look like we will overly active in free agency. No real surprise though.

I doubt we can afford to keep Manningham. As usual we will mostly be keeping the guys we can and bringing in a couple of good value free agents.

Comment

• Damn, I didn't realize we were so much over the cap. How the heck is clogging it up? If Osi goes and jacobs goes, who else is taking cap space?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Jacobs also said he'd like to stay with the Giants first and foremost. Talk about overreacting.
                        Yeah it isn't a huge deal. As always it comes down to dollars.

The ball is in Jacobs court. It comes down to how much he wants to remain a giant and how much he is willing to compromise money wise to do so.

I don't see Jacobs having that much leverage.Reese and co have definite limitations cap wise and Jacobs probably doesn't have a lot of value on the open market. It is entirely up to him what happens next

Comment

• Canty? maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                            Damn, I didn't realize we were so much over the cap. How the heck is clogging it up? If Osi goes and jacobs goes, who else is taking cap space?
                            Im not sure exactly

Also mckenzies $6m is off the books.

I don't know the exact numbers, but here is the ballpark numbers off the top of my head.

Eli is worth around $12m, I think Webster is in the area of $8m - $10

Rolle is probably worth $7-8m

After that it's the usual suspects, Tuck, Snee, Baas, Canty and Boley who are probably between $5m and $7m each

Jacobs is worth around $5m

Kiwi and Osi are worth around $4m each. Bradshaw and Diehl are probably around there as well.

Right there is around $80mil invested in 13 players.

That leaves around $40m for the next 38 contracts under the cap and it easily all adds up.
                            Last edited by Big_Pete; 02-14-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Rolle actually has the 2nd biggest cap hit behind Eli. It's followed by Tuck, Snee, Canty, Jacobs, Webster, Boley, Kiwi, and Baas.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information