This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.
    I think we see a major restructure. He doesn't fill up the stat line but he was pretty damn good down the stretch when the defense started playing well and he was a huge part of that. Canty/Joseph are a very underrated DT duo.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think we'll see some restructures in the coming weeks to get us in ok cap shape. I feel like we keep that pretty tight lipped about these things, not like the Steelers where its instantly reported who restructured and how much it saved.

Comment

• this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay
          Of course you want to keep the white people..
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!
              I've known this for a long time. McKenzie is the whitest person of all deep down.

But in all seriousness I don't mind keeping all those guys as long as they can be signed for cheap. Except for McKenzie. I really do think Beatty would be an upgrade over him. Which says a lot about how I think he's deteriorated. Unless he's willing to be signed cheaply and be depth, otherwise I say no.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I want McKenzie back for depth purposes. It would be nice to have him and Boothe in case someone goes down.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?
                    Not to me!!!
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.
                      Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                        Im not sure exactly

Also mckenzies $6m is off the books.

I don't know the exact numbers, but here is the ballpark numbers off the top of my head.

Eli is worth around $12m, I think Webster is in the area of $8m - $10

Rolle is probably worth $7-8m

After that it's the usual suspects, Tuck, Snee, Baas, Canty and Boley who are probably between $5m and $7m each

Jacobs is worth around $5m

Kiwi and Osi are worth around $4m each. Bradshaw and Diehl are probably around there as well.

Right there is around $80mil invested in 13 players.

That leaves around $40m for the next 38 contracts under the cap and it easily all adds up.

Thanks! Hopefully, we can get guys to restructure if not, then go from there. Jacobs and Osi will be the head line this off season for us and what to do with them, Osi especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                          Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.
                          I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.

Comment

I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.
                            I seriously doubt that. He's not as consistent as I'd like but when he's on few match him.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Colts are reportedly concerned that Manning's neck problems are chronic and perhaps even genetic, as Peyton's brother Cooper was forced to give up football at a young age due to spinal stenosis.

That is not what I want to here about the Mannings.

Comment

• SHUT UP DAMIX!

i'll counter that bad news and thoughts with good news:

We gave Chad Jones a 2 year extension...which means we must be pleased with his rehab. what a story. I really wanna see him on the field
                                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information