Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen couldn't cover the deep ball because the WR's would turn him around. He was pretty good on guys ove the middle on intermediate and short routes.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal
        That may have been the last time Santana abused anyone in this league other than the Cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Will Allen was the best tackling Giants CB I've seen.
          What about T2?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.
              I agree on some levels. He was not as good or better than Webster and wasn't our #1 CB, but he was well on his way to becoming our #1 CB if he didn't get hurt.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Thomas is a very good #2 CB. He was never as good as Webster. What was nice about the Web/TT combo was you could mix your coverages based on matchups.

Thomas could take on the bigger WRs that Webster has a harder time with, Web can take on the shifty quicker guys.

In general, Thomas was our turnover guy in the secondary. He and Webster balanced eachother out perfectly. Web would lock down a guy, Thomas would get those turnovers and matchup vs bigger guys. It was great balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Thomas is a very good #2 CB. He was never as good as Webster. What was nice about the Web/TT combo was you could mix your coverages based on matchups.

Thomas could take on the bigger WRs that Webster has a harder time with, Web can take on the shifty quicker guys.

In general, Thomas was our turnover guy in the secondary. He and Webster balanced eachother out perfectly. Web would lock down a guy, Thomas would get those turnovers and matchup vs bigger guys. It was great balance.
                  I'm just praying he comes back healthy. Resigning him and either Tryon or Bruce Johnson will sure up our secondary

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I'd be happy with Webster, Thomas, Prince, Tryon, and Johnson going into next year.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'd be happy with Webster, Thomas, Prince, Tryon, and Johnson going into next year.
                      Agreed, Tryon and Bruce both showed a little spark in their limited time and would provide great depth.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• A 5th round pick is only as good as the player you can get there for your teams needs/coaching.

In my opinion this is as good as a 5th round pick with potential to be better. Other people mentioned that Rivers had top 10 talent, thats the potential part along with the way his attributes fit in our defensive scheme.

In 2008:

With his ability to cover, pursuit in the run game, and he is a decent blitzer he follows our precedence at the position. His measurements (6'2 1/2'' 241) and combine numbers (4.51 and 4.55 40 times (unofficial) 4.63 (official), 24 reps on bench).

Analysis from Scott Wright of draftcountdown.com:

Strengths:
                        Excellent athleticism...Great speed with a burst to close...Quick and agile...Terrific range and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Does a fantastic job in pursuit...Good frame with long arms...Motor runs non-stop and he is really active...Fluid and does a terrific job in coverage...A big hitter who can lay the lumber...Decent pass rusher and blitzer...Aggressive and plays with an attitude...Works through the trash and traffic well..Good instincts and recognition...Offers some versatility..A hard worker.

Weaknesses:
                        Could stand to add some weight...Needs to get stronger..More of a finesse player and is not overly physical...Plays out of control at times...Doesn't take on or shed blockers all that well...Is not stout and can be run at...Needs to keep his pad level down...A playmaker in coverage?..Goes for the knockout rather than wrapping up.

Notes:
                        A elite recruit coming out of high school...Wore the #55 jersey for the Trojans that was made famous by guys like Junior Seau, Willie McGinest and Chris Claiborne...A outstanding all-around linebacker who shouldn't ever have to leave the field...Has an ideal blend of natural talent, physical tools, and intangibles...Prototypical WILL.

nfl.com analysis: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/keith-rivers?id=302

fftoolbox analysis:
                        http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1222

Current day:
                        He is recovering from a wrist injury he had surgery in july, has had other injuries including a broken jaw from a hit from hines ward. Overall he still excells at coverage, good in pursuit, cannot take on blockers very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5-p...ca105FUAAAAAAA vs. the jets in 2010
                        Last edited by BaLLiN; 04-12-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ts_tracki.html

just realized we're bringing bruce johnson back, i like it

Comment

• Ballin great stuff

The pre-draft analysis seems spot on regarding is ability to shed blocks, and take false steps when you look at the youtube clips.

He does have good side line to silde line speed. His tackles can be broken, and he does get swallowed up at the line. I can't see why we would have him play the SAM ever.

But I still think he improves our LB core.

Comment

• Chase is back!

Comment

• CHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information