Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we keep Goff at MLB, what about a guy like Rocky McIntosh or Thomas Howard at OLB?

Comment

• I think Osi is going to cause problems once the lock out is over, he wants (and probably deserves) his big pay day which he isn't going to get here.

With that in mind I have been looking at potential player for player trade options at our need positions. (We aren't likely to get what we perceive Osi's value to be in terms of draft picks)

Here is an Osi trade idea that I am floating out there (its been quiet for too long)

DE Osi Umenyiora for LB Aaron Curry straight up

Curry has been a decent LB for their 4-3, but Pete Carroll has had to defend his pass rushing ability, some are calling him a bust. But he is big, physical, fast and has good coverage skills.

Curry does have a high cap number as a former #4 draft pick (around $13.2 mil).
      salaries (2011: $5,076,250 (+ $5 million roster bonus), 2012: $5,757,500, 2013: $5,938,750, 2014: $8.12 million, 2015: Free Agent)

I think Curry could be available for the right deal. It would allow them to invest in other key areas.

The Giants would also save $2mil from Osi's current contract. We may need to rework the deal (perhaps an extension turning some of the salary/bonus into a signing bonus), but as it stands we would have a 4 year, $30mil deal ($22m through the first 3 years)

For the Seahawks, a stud pass rusher like Osi would be ideal and could be enough to ensure they can win the NFC West, particularly as they can get a decent OLB in free agency.

The Giants are built to win now, we need to get something for Osi. Adding a guy like Curry would be exactly what we need to turn around our LBs. Like it or not we can replace Osi.

Curry for us wouldn't necessarily have to play SLB. How about playing Curry as a MLB or even WLB? Also our Dline is much better than the Seahawks, so that could also help.

any thoughts?

Comment

• I wouldn't hate the idea of Howard or McIntosh on our team, but I wouldn't like it either. They would both improve our LB core, but I really think we need to draft a linebacker. I know history shows that we won't, but I really hope we do. We've ignored it for far too long.

As for Osi...he's under contract for 2 more years. He really has no chips to play with. I'm expecting him to be a Giant for at least one more year.

Comment

• I basically just want to make sure we re-sign Smith and Bradshaw in FA. Anything after that is gravy.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I would like to keep Kiwi and Boss as well. Lord knows I kill Boss all the time, but we have no depth behind him.

And if Jacobs is willing to stick around for less money, keep him too. We need 2 reliable backs. I like Ware, but the guy can't stay healthy.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind DeAngelo Williams btw. He might come around the same price tag bc of his age, and he's the superior RB.

Comment

• Jacobs is signed already. The big 5 FA's are Smith, Kiwi, Bradshaw, Cofield, and Boss. I'd like to realistically get 4 of them back except for Cofield which I think we have a very good chance. If I had to pick just 2 though it would be Smith and Bradshaw. Kiwi would be next followed by Boss.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I agree with that. If we lose Boss, I see us transitioning to more of a spread offense bc Beckum can't seal the edge like Boss can.

Unless we move Pascoe back to TE, and bring back Hedgecock to play FB.

I wish we were better prepared for this and drafted a TE in the middle rounds. Last year we saw Jimmy Graham (who is going to be a monster) go in round 3 and Aaron Hernandez go in round 4.

I guess we have faith in Beckum in case we lose Boss. I hope so, but I dunno, he just doesn't have a TE body. He seems miscast in our offense.

Comment

• I think Boss is a cheap sign and most know it. He'll be back. They need to come to a damn deal already.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We have Terrell Thomas due for an extension soon too don't we? Plus we'll most likely have to choose between Kiwi and Osi in a year.

I feel like our roster could be very different in a year or 2. It seems like Reese has prepared for this for the most part, so we won't go into a rebuilding phase, but some familiar faces are going to off the Roster soon.

Like half the starting oline, a couple of dlinemen, a CB (Ross), maybe even a safety (If Kenny has a setback), maybe a LB overhaul, and some new RBs.

Comment

• I agree with that. It is going to be a very different feel 2 years from now. That's what makes the last two years so frustrating because we all know this team has the talent to win more SB's but we keep coming up short of even making it to the playoffs. Player for player you'll be hard pressed to find a roster as talented and as deep as ours.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It makes you appreciate our championship even more. It takes a lot to win a championship, everything has to fall in place perfectly. You need talent, health, good coaching, a good mix of youth and veterans, and some balls to bounce your way.

Honestly, I feel like this is our best roster since 08, we were too green before after losing Strahan, but our team has matured enough since then. If we can stay healthy, I like our chances.

Comment

• I really hope I didn't jinx it.

Forget what I said. We suck. Our oline is so old they get excited staring out the window, our RBs are thin and fumble, we run Tampa 2, and when it doubt, you can always depend on Kevin Gilbride to have a couple of WTF moments during a game that will cost us a W.

There.

Comment

• Health has been the main factor in us winning. If our roster could ever actually stay together I'd have a lot less anxiety. I know it's football and players obviously get hurt but boy we get killed every year in at one position where there is nothing you can even do about it.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I've long held the belief that we need a new strength and conditioning coach. Way too many strains and tears on our team. I think we're not stretching enough.

It's an educated guess, but it can't be a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information