Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, on the other hand, am completely comfortable with him as the starting LT as long as he is healthy.

Comment

• Why?

He was awful last year. Mediocre pass blocker who constantly screwed up his assignments on blitzes, struggled with power rushers, and can't run block to save his life.

I just don't see anything about him that makes me feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup.

Comment

• I've gone over this before, the change from Beatty to Diehl was negligible.

If we could get a signifcant upgrade I'd be all for it.

Comment

• I don't think it was negligible. Yes the improvement in the run game was negligible bc our entire OL, particularly our Center (Baas sucks), was awful at run blocking, but we did see significant improvement in pass protection bc at least Diehl could figure out a blitz and pick up the right guy.

Beatty struggles identifying his assigment vs blitzes and stunts. He was just not a good player.

I think Diehl is much more reliable.

Comment

• I think Diehl is much better but I'm willing to give Beatty one more opportunity this year to really see what we have. You can add him to the sink or swim list along with Barden.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah, I think it's worth giving Beatty one more chance and we have Diehl if we need him. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in Beatty or they wouldn't have kept penciling him in as the starter.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Who are our sink or swim players this year? Let's list em:

-Ramses Barden
                -Clint Sintim
                -Will Beatty
                -Travis Beckum
                -Greg Jones
                -DJ Ware

I think Sintim is done. Beckum probably doesn't get re-signed regardless of how he plays this year, Jones will get cut, Ware will probably lose his job too.

Comment

• If Trattou doesn't show he can replace Tolly this year we definitely cut him and draft a DE round 1 or 2 next year.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Is this a make or break year for Herz? I love his story and hope he pans out, I really do, but I don't see how he's gonna be anything more than a glorified STer with a rod in his leg.

I just don't see how he can overcome that.

Comment

• That list looks about right. Herz and Paysinger have shown enough so far where I wouldn't list them. They also both played specials pretty well. Ware is kind of older at this point and we know what he is but I wouldn't call him a sink or swim guy. Sintim sucks and is done. I loved the pick but it just didn't work out. I liked what I saw out of Trattou last year in preseason and even that first game against the Skins. I think he'll do fine replacing Tolly and hopefully getting 3 or 4 sacks this year.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So if he tears it up, let someone else give him that big contract, we only benefit from getting a comp pick, same for Bennett. Those two guys have their dirty laundry, so if they do well for us good but I don't see either really being longterm with their past careers.

Comment

• Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce
                            Such an underrated contributor.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              Such an underrated contributor.
                              agreed, but not by us. We love him and the role he provides. His on the field play wasn't so great last year, had an obvious decline, but his leadership and knowledge is HUGE
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I'm glad we're bringing Grant back. Can't hurt. Now the question its, which safety doesn't make the cut? Horton or Sash?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information