Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.
      He was never accused of doing the murdering himself. But he was committed I believe on obstruction of justice in attempting to either confuse police or cover it up. He was definitely there when it went down.

Comment

• No Hosley and Rivers today which isn't a surprise. Rolle didn't practice either though so that's not a good sign. Nicks and Bradshaw back to full.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
            What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?
            correct. (10char)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
            JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Damn, I hate those injuries. It seems the defense gets those in bulk. Rivers is the guy that needs to prove he can stay healthy in the NFL.

Comment

• I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.

Comment

• I think we believe that injuries are arbitrary and we ignore the past. Some guys are just injury prone, there is no denying that. And other guys are just made of steel and never get hurt.

Comment

• I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.
                      Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.
                        Yes exactly. I'm one who believes that injuries are pretty random. If you re-injure something specific then it's not but the examples are too far and wide to be able to point to a specific thing and blame it for why injuries are occurring.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.
                          Eh, that's not proven. Every time they show video of giants camp, and from the games I used to go, they all go out as a team and do their group stretch. I think that's not the area.

If I were to guess based on my experience around teams, I'd say it's the training program created by the strength and conditioning guy, and the program implemented by them.

We get the same types of injuries. ACL, hamstring, while stuff like achilles and broken bones seem to be the least in our case. Some teams can do well year after year when it comes to injuries as a whole.

I'd love to see how their strength and conditioning guys create and implement their program vs our guys. What do they do in terms of food? Are we as strict when it comes to diet? That plays a part too.

That's the side of football not that many fans know. I remember sitting with the coaches, when a strength and conditioning guy came in to visit another coach. They were talking about all this, while I sat quietly and listened. I thought it was a very interesting part of the game, even I didn't know or have heard about.

I remember the S&C guy saying how he heard of friend or another guy got fired because the players kept getting hurt and same types of injuries so they decided to make a change. Since then I always wondered how our S&C guy does things vs other teams guys.

Comment

• This is what I mean. This is a sample S&C guide by a S&C coach who does this for a college program. This is what it given to the players.

http://www.bluefield.edu/mediafiles/...r-strength.pdf

So my point is that perhaps a S&C coach focuses on one thing more than another and that is the reason why injuries of a specific part of the body vary from team to team. While injuries will occur by the very nature of the sport, the degree and part of the body effected may be attributed to the very way a team works out or conditions themselves.

Comment

• Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
                              Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
                                Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh
                                In his knee? That doesn't sound too good. Damn injury plague! Maybe we need to shut him down completely for a couple of weeks just to let him get back to full speed.

A shame about the others as well. Especially Hosley. We are thin enough as it is at CB.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                                JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information