Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tackling from this defense is awful. The linebackers are awful at shooting gaps and making tackles, the DBs aren't great tacklers outside of Rolle, the back 7 just does a terrible job wrapping up.

The biggest problems are in the LB core. We talked up this LB core all offseason and TC how good and deep they are. Well, the truth is, this LB core is awful.

Boley is strictly a coverage LB. He's useless in the run game. He's soft in the run game and can't play downhill at all. Kiwi isn't a linebacker, and can't wrap up. Chase is just washed up. I'm sorry, I love the guy but he sucks. He gets washed out of almost every play.

Our linebackers are a big problem. We need Herzlich to start to get a spark in the LB core, we need to replace all 3 starting linebackers next year.

I'm hoping we let Boley walk, let Williams get the WILL spot, replace Chase with Herzlich, and we need a solution at SAM.

Bc right now, this starting LB core is pathetic. And something needs to be done about it.

Comment

• LB could use a good overhaul. I like Boley though, even if he does suck in the run game. It's never bad to have a coverage LB who can neutralize the tight end.

Overall we did okay. Richardson is a tough back. I'm more concerned with our lack of pass rush. JPP was getting wrecked on a few plays.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• And Justin Tuck is pissing me off.

Ditto for Osi. Want an easy 7 yards? Just run right at Osi. 7 yards easy.

The only person on that DL that's earning his paycheck is JPP. Joseph is mediocre too. He's not worth extending. He's a 2 down run thumper who offers nothing as a pass rusher. We can replace him in the middle of the draft.

Comment

• the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Haha, Chase isn't that good Scotty. He's a solid back up and good special teams player but there is no way he should be starting for us. And he's not a good cover linebacker. He gets the occasionally gimme interception but other than that he's not too great.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.
              I don't care what color he is. He just doesn't have it anymore. He can't make tackles, he can't shed blocks, he doesn't pursue the ball, he's just not good. I don't know how you can say he's been doing good, he's been awful. Knowing the plays is overrated. Boley could call the plays. It's not like Chase is audibling like how Pierce did.

He had 3 tackles. 3 ******* tackles. From our middle linebacker vs a team that ran the ball right at our front 7 the entire first half. 3 tackles.

He's awful. I love Chase, but he was on the street for a reason. It's time to bench him.

And the front 4 doesn't get pressure bc everyone is max protecting vs us and Fewell isn't blitzing to counter it bc he doesn't trust our secondary.

Comment

• you killed your own argument with the "on the street for a reason" line. God forbid everyone remember how much better our D was when we signed him. He's not a world beater, and we could obviously use an upgrade, but it's so far down the list of needs it's ridiculous. Let's worry about improving our dog **** Dline. the one that's gotten no pressure and is getting devoured. It's embarrassing
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I'm sorry Scotty, but Blackburn needs to ride pine the rest of the season. Actually I logged on just to rant about him, but saw that he already had gotten torn a new asshole by BBD. Just look at one of the many screens they ran at us, or the off tackle runs, or even the ones right up our gut. He was going backwards or ending up on the ground almost every time. I like him a lot as a person and he will always be a part of Giants history, but he is best suited for special teams and as a emergency option at LB at this point in his career.

Otherwise, good win today. The offense was awesome, when you consider the injuries. Reuben Randle played well, that was nice to see. I heard Eli had a 1 on 1 session with him on thursday night, going over plays for this game. Eli is so awesome.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                  JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                      I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol
                      To be fair to the defense though, two of their scoring drives came after turnovers which put them in excellent field position, and one came after a long kick return. But yeah, they haven't played up to their normal standards.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                      JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• as much as we could upgrade over Chase, we don't have anyone to do it. Herz hasn't seen anytime, and I trust the coaching staff over us. I just wanna see Rivers healthy because he's awesome. Kiwi did literally nothing today. I wanna just throw him back at DE because that's where he'd do the best for us at this point
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Herz has to better than Chase. I don't blame Chase though. It's Fewell. Hopefully everyone is back next week. Phillips and Canty hopefully the week after. This team is good.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• we need Nicks for the niners. We just do

I'd really enjoy Hosley to play as well
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Kiwi is invisible. Throw Williams and hopefully Rivers out there next week.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• DAVID WILSON!

The future.
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information