Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.
    Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

    I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

      I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha
      Well the main reason the schedule looks easier is because the AFC is so mediocre/bad this year. Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers were all playoff teams last year, but I don't think any of them are as good as they were last season.

      Comment


      • Fun stat from the Bengals game:

        By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Dalton’s 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

        Per Venny Vrentas.

        That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Fun stat from the Bengals game:

          By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Dalton‘«÷s 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

          Per Venny Vrentas.

          That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.
          Doesn't surprise me at all, really. It's the same thing as last year, before the Jets game. We had played terrible in the defensive backfield for 6-7 games in a row, before the DBs had a players only meeting, went to Fewell and demanded scheme changes, and we won the Super Bowl. Let's hope the same thing happens this year.

          The frustrating part is that Fewell didn't seem to learn from last year. He's a typical stubborn, "I am a genious" - coach, who doesn't adjust his schemes to the talent available, at least not until he's forced to do so.


          A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

          Originally posted by Forenci
          JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

          Comment


          • We need to win 2 games to make the playoffs.

            I don't care about the division. Redskins can win out for all I care. I want to be in the playoffs.

            I think the Seahawks go 2-2 and I think we go 2-2 with wins against Baltimore and the Eagles in the remaining games. Difference is, Seahawks do not have a single division win.

            2 wins and were in the playoffs whether that is as a wildcard or division leaders.

            Besides that, I think this Saints team is extremely beatable in their down year and on our own turf. If we show up to play... if we don't we are going to get scorched and then I have to pray the Ravens beat the Redskins or else RGIII's knob will get slobbed all over ESPN for that whole week as they take the divisional lead.

            Bone Krusher, the best

            Comment


            • When we rape the Ravens and Falcons is NYG still going to be crying about the sky falling?

              BK

              Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

              Comment


              • I am really dissappointed that we have let Dallas and Washington back in the playoff race, there is no margin for error.

                Let's face it, the NFC East is full of bad teams and we still haven't been able to put it away.

                Sure we are right in the playoff race and there is a decent chance we get hot right at the end of the season (again) for a strong playoff run. We should make the playoffs and you can be sure we are the team opponents will least want to face.

                It does worry me that our team is still so hot and cold. This is our 9th season under Coughlin, why haven't we been able to get some consistency?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  When we rape the Ravens and Falcons is NYG still going to be crying about the sky falling?
                  You must be watching a different Giants team. Whatever you are smoking, snorting, or shooting up, pass that here.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    You must be watching a different Giants team. Whatever you are smoking, snorting, or shooting up, pass that here.
                    Just the one that completely destroyed the 9ers and Packers, the two best teams in the NFC and arguably the league.

                    Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                    I am really dissappointed that we have let Dallas and Washington back in the playoff race, there is no margin for error.

                    Let's face it, the NFC East is full of bad teams and we still haven't been able to put it away.

                    Sure we are right in the playoff race and there is a decent chance we get hot right at the end of the season (again) for a strong playoff run. We should make the playoffs and you can be sure we are the team opponents will least want to face.

                    It does worry me that our team is still so hot and cold. This is our 9th season under Coughlin, why haven't we been able to get some consistency?
                    We've been very consistent, play like crap when we're front running and there's no pressure, play amazing once our backs are to the wall and the pressure is huge.

                    BK

                    Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                    Comment


                    • I will say this:

                      I hate Justin Tuck's "leadership"

                      He's always making excuses, moping around, never rallying the guys. Coughlin comes out and says we have to win all of our games, and then Tuck says no we don't.

                      What kind of leadership is that? I'm really getting sick of Tuck.

                      Comment


                      • Ehh that's overrated BBD. Just like how everyone use to get on Eli for not showing enough emotion. Tuck usually does the pregame fire up and everyone is rocking at that point.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I will say this:

                          I hate Justin Tuck's "leadership"

                          He's always making excuses, moping around, never rallying the guys. Coughlin comes out and says we have to win all of our games, and then Tuck says no we don't.

                          What kind of leadership is that? I'm really getting sick of Tuck.
                          I for one am looking forward to seeing how the Giants manage their roster in the next couple of years. They have lots of big contracts to sign (Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Phillips) and a good chunk of well paid veterans that are going to need to be shown the door in order to keep those guy around. I definitely think that Tuck could easily be one of those guys who gets shown the door with his injuries and diminishing production.

                          Comment


                          • I moreso have a problem with him constantly making excuses. Well we went 9-7 last year and won, well we don't have to win every game, well we slumped before and bounced back etc.

                            Stop making excuses, be a leader, and hold people accountable. It's really annoying.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                              I for one am looking forward to seeing how the Giants manage their roster in the next couple of years. They have lots of big contracts to sign (Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Phillips) and a good chunk of well paid veterans that are going to need to be shown the door in order to keep those guy around. I definitely think that Tuck could easily be one of those guys who gets shown the door with his injuries and diminishing production.
                              Yeah we've been discussing that for awhile here. Nobody really knows what direction we're going to take but it makes it a little more difficult because Nicks and Phillips are always banged up. When healthy they're great and deserve a big payday but we're not sure how Reese will proceed with them.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I moreso have a problem with him constantly making excuses. Well we went 9-7 last year and won, well we don't have to win every game, well we slumped before and bounced back etc.

                                Stop making excuses, be a leader, and hold people accountable. It's really annoying.
                                I haven't seen any specific quotes but it's one of the reasons why some people think we're not going to do anything this year because we rely too much on making a run when our backs are against the wall.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information