This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Yeah we've been discussing that for awhile here. Nobody really knows what direction we're going to take but it makes it a little more difficult because Nicks and Phillips are always banged up. When healthy they're great and deserve a big payday but we're not sure how Reese will proceed with them.
    It's definitely a tough question for any successful team. The key is having enough guys on their first contracts to make it all work, signing the right guys to their second contracts, and being proactive about letting go veterans at the right time. The Patriots have the same problem with guys like Vollmer and Spikes. Both are huge talents, but they were much riskier bets than guys like Gronk and Mayo. In the next 2 or so years we may need to consider jettisoning guys like Mankins to make it all work.

I think you guys should at least start by getting rid of the bloated contracts you have on the O-line with Diehl and Snee. Also, Osi and Tuck should go soon as well. Webster is interesting because I know he struggled at the beginning of the season, but how does he look now? His cap # is pretty large and could be on the chopping block as well.

There is nothing worse than losing solid periphery guys like Bennett and Beatty, and trying to fill them with budget veteran gambles. The Pats did this in 09 and it blew up in their face.

Do the Giants have a dedicated salary cap page? I've been looking for one, but I can't seem to find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      Just the one that completely destroyed the 9ers and Packers, the two best teams in the NFC and arguably the league.

We've been very consistent, play like crap when we're front running and there's no pressure, play amazing once our backs are to the wall and the pressure is huge.
      49ers was way back when things were rolling and the packers, while a great win, had a bunch of nobodies on defense and their OL is garbage.

Pretty much what I said I have been saying since the start of the season with inability to score in the redzone. I felt we had issues.on offense and that was red zone offense and our system which I was right about.

Either way, I am honest with what I see. If we do well I give props which I dis after the 9ers game. If we suck I will say we do. That's how I coached and that's how I always done things.

Right now our offense has issues. Specifically in the red zone we are piss poor. I don't trust or like Fewell though I have noticed he can surprise. But I will always be blunt and honest with what I see. That's never going to change.

Comment

• We've had red zone issues since 2006. This isn't anything new.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not to this extent and now its becoming an issue this season. We are simply not converting our chances into TDs. I knew the skins game would play out like that. We kick 2 FGs go up by 6 and they score and go up by 1. Then like we always we say Eli will bail us out and get surprised when that's not the case.

Hopefully this week we can kick more FGs than Brees can pass TDs.

Comment

• Yes it has been this bad before. Go back and look at the numbers. One year we were 1st in Red Zone attempts and like 22nd in Red Zone TD's. Our vertical offense has always had trouble converting into TD's.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yes it has been this bad before. Go back and look at the numbers. One year we were 1st in Red Zone attempts and like 22nd in Red Zone TD's. Our vertical offense has always had trouble converting into TD's.
              Do you remember what year this was off the.top of.your head? Either way, this is happening this season and.its hurting us more.so.now. we will see if this.game.is.any different but its amazing how we keep screwing around in the red zone and fail to convert our chances.

Stupid phone keyboard keeps adding periods randomly.

Comment

• I think it was actually 2008 when our D was playing at a top 5 level.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think it was actually 2008 when our D was playing at a top 5 level.
                  Yeah that was the year after the super bowl, with Spags being good. Also, I asked because that was the 2nd full year with Gilbride as the OC. So things were still being changed and modified. In my opinion, those were crucial years because since 2007, Eli has gotten better and the offense has opened up from the days of Hufangel and living in the I pro sets.

Now this should not be happening. Gilbride is still here, and Eli is more mature and confident in himself now then probably back then. I still can't believe this is happening to this extent right now.

Again, I will be recording and watching this offense closely with a fine tooth comb.

Comment

• Like I said every year we've hgad trouble this. It's been very consistent. Every year we rank high in red zone attempts but low in scoring TD's down there.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Like I said every year we've hgad trouble this. It's been very consistent. Every year we rank high in red zone attempts but low in scoring TD's down there.
                      And this is something that if we fixed we can get to a higher level. This year this inefficiency is hurting us especially now. The play calling is something I dislike, as well as the system, specifically the WR sight adjustment rules. I also think now the system has been exposed in terms of route reading by the opponent.

I talked with BBD about this. I hope it can change or be adjusted, but in terms of the system I highly doubt it. The play calling can but we have to be aggressive!

If this game turns into a shootout, I really hope our offense can be effective when it counts, and that means in the red zone.

Comment

• There has been a lot if mixing and matching on defense.

Fewell has rolled out a lot of three man fronts

Also been flipping DEs, LB and DB

With just a few practices left all this change may not be great.

I guesd at least Fewell is trying. But what we need is physicality.

Comment

• I don't understand why we don't look at some of Seattles schemes

Comment

• Actually the 3-4 looks have me thinking. ..

I wonder if Hermann and Nunn are getting more input of late. Both have experience with successful 3-4 in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                              I don't understand why we don't look at some of Seattles schemes
                              Because we don't have Earl Thomas to make them work?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Interesting point, Tuck is reportedly 10 lbs lighter than last year, playing at 265.

Not unlike Strahan losing 20 lbs over the back end of his career; it worked for him, hopefully it does something similar for Tuck

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information