Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They had issues with a guy like Selive. There is no breather. The OL is in dire straits. I focused on Eli, and it was like the walls were closing in on him.

Comment

• You can't hang this game on the defense. They were respectable particularly considering the time of possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        They had issues with a guy like Selive. There is no breather. The OL is in dire straits. I focused on Eli, and it was like the walls were closing in on him.
        The oline needs time to gel and develop combinations.

Comment

• Ok that was terrible. They just need to burn the tape and move onto next week.

You can't win when you turn it over 6 times. You just can't. For us to even be in that game with 3 minutes left was a miracle. Dallas tried giving that game away at the end. They deserved to win, and the Giants definitely deserved to lose with that pathetic performance.

There are some positives and negatives to take away from this game:

Positives

-Defense looked stout vs the run and was overall pretty good. You can't pin this on the defense, they played an incredible game. Coverage was sound all game, pass rush was inconsistent but overall good, tackling was excellent for the most part. Linebackers played good enough. But what I was most pleased about was our coverage in the secondary. Better than I anticipated.

-The pass rush is inconsistent but you have to remember JPP is still getting his legs, Tuck is Tuck, and we're missing Moore. This will improve over the course of the season.

-DTs are stout. We have some big uglies in the middle.

-Pass game will be fine. Eventually.

Negatives

-OL looks like a mess. Beatty got his ass kicked all game. Brewer is terrible. He's a waist bender and he's just awful. The left side of our OL was blown up all game long. The big issue is at G. Snee is terrible, Brewer is terrible. We need better Guard play. Eli was running for his life.

-Run game still sucks. David Wilson...I'm done with him. I'm just done. No vision, fumbles, can't pass protect, I'm just done. He has to earn the right to get the job back as far as I'm concerned. Right now he's entering bust category until proven otherwise.

-Just throw all screen passes out of our playbook forever. Just don't run them anymore.

-Brandon Myers can't block for ****

-We look sluggish. The PS carried over into the regular season.

-When Gilbride calls the plays we just can't move the ball. Notice how we started scoring when we went hurry up and Eli controlled the game? How many years have we seen this for now?

-Fewell still calls some terrible blitzes that start 10 yards from the LOS.

Overall, it was a terrible game and a terrible outcome. But it's not a season ending game. Just clean up the mess, and live to fight another day. I'm hoping it serves as a wake up call for a team that just doesn't care to play great every week. It's just so frustrating.

We'll lose to the Broncos and start 0-2, and the season is on the line vs Carolina in week 3.

Comment

• I agree with a lot of BBD said. That was a terribly sloppy game that we somehow were still in, mostly because the Cowboys couldn't capitalize on all our mistakes.

We're not going to be -5 in turnovers every week, some of that is just bad luck.

Pass game looked awesome in the 2nd half, I think have a chance at 3 1000 yard receivers.

Myers is a downgrade in every facet from MB.

Tuck looked better then last year, hopefully he stays healthy. Linebackers are still awful. Webster also looked a bit better. Mundy surprised me by not being god awful.

Comment

• We just need to realize we're a passing team and just sling it around. Enough with the balance. We ran waaaaaaay too much 2 TE in the first half. We need to be a 3 WR offense for 80% of our snaps. We are tough to stop in that spread set.

We're not a 2 TE offense. We're painfully predictable in that set, and we lack the interior choice route option with that set bc Myers sucks. We need to be 3 wide majority of the game.

Linebackers are awful, but at least they weren't downright pathetic. Outside of Herzlich of course. He's just awful. He seriously shouldn't have made the team. We gotta hope Connor and Prince can come back asap.

And why is Thomas getting reps over Ross? Ross is better at this stage.

Comment

• After the punt fumble I almost broke my phone.

I hate when the Giants lose. The whole week is going to suck now.

Comment

• I hate specifically when the Giants lose on Sunday night. It is a worse feeling. Going immediately to bed so angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    After the punt fumble I almost broke my phone.

I hate when the Giants lose. The whole week is going to suck now.
                    I saw that Scott play and the ball bounce and knew it was done. That's our luck. Stupid fool he needs to turn his head quicker. Not make a make and rather just turn and sit like Eli said.

We can't have ints on high percentage plays like a screen pass. The other int was an example of ball throw for a go and the WR ran a post. Season after season, over and over this happens. We saw it early on religiously where the ball went one way and the Wr did something. Even Chris C. mentioned how we weren't in sync. The non sense from the pre season carried over to the regular season.

Next preseason, screw injuries play the 1st team way more. We need to adjust for the lack of padded practices and hitting.

Comment

• I actually thought tt looked pretty good. Him and Ross.
                      But overall thoughts: ewwww
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• TT is still getting his legs. He struggles with double moves. His change of direction speed is questionable at this point.

I have hope for this team. The defense impressed me and the offense got it together when it was too late. But there's still hope.

It was just one of those games where you burn the tape and move onto the next week. Unfortunately for us, the next week happens to be the Broncos.

But the season isn't over yet. Remember guys, it's just week 1. I'll panic in week 3 when we're 0-2. Then Carolina is a must win game. But it's too early to panic just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          I actually thought tt looked pretty good. Him and Ross.
                          But overall thoughts: ewwww
                          I thought everyone but the LBers at least looked decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                            The oline needs time to gel and develop combinations.
                            That's what the pre season is for. Instead we actually did mix and match to develop combos. By now the OL should not have been this bad. Eli was running for his all game. On the flip side, our DL was useless! Romo had all day to throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              I thought everyone but the LBers at least looked decent.
                              Linebackers are below average but they honestly played a little better than I hoped for. Maybe I set the expectations way too low at this point, but I expected much worse.

Williams had a good game. Paysinger was decent. They just don't make tackles. They get washed out on every play. It's incredibly frustrating. At least the coverage was better than I anticipated.

Herzlich is bar none our worst linebacker though. He's just awful. He shouldn't have made the team.

Comment

• He was a good story but he isn't a talented player. I can't believe Selvie had a good game and our OL made him look all world.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information