Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always had hope for Selvie. Good for him. He found a home. He belongs in a wide 9 3rd down rushing role. He'd work in Seattle/Jacksonville as a LEO as well.

He doesn't fit our scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I always had hope for Selvie. Good for him. He found a home. He belongs in a wide 9 3rd down rushing role. He'd work in Seattle/Jacksonville as a LEO as well.

He doesn't fit our scheme.
      No, he didn't fit. Defense played well overall. We held them to FGs. We still don't get pressure or have our blitz packages to get home. That's an issue.

The headline is the offense. God my side of the ball is utter rubbish! There were positives like our WRs finally getting it. That was good to see.

Play calling 2nd drive bothered me. We passed, passed, and passed moved the ball at will. Then, we got cute to hand it off. Why? Passing was working. Stop with the running the ball so close. Throw the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did that when Wilson got stopped. Then Eli got sacked! Stop running the ball so close. Old man Coughlin and Gilbride need to throw the ball and put the hands in Eli. It's so frustrating to see.

Comment

• How were they supposed to know that Wilson was going to fumble like that though? And you have to be able to run the ball in the redzone. If you can't, you wind up with FGs. I get putting it in Eli's hands, but you still have to try sometimes.

That game really was just a **** storm. And David Wilson pretty much cost us the game.

I'm done with him. He needs to do a lot to get out of my personal dog house. I'm an impatient guy, I can't deal with that kind of nonsense.

Comment

• we're going to be 0-2. This is ok though because we'll take the next 6 after. Just like '07.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think all of us accept that we'll be 0-2. There's no way we're beating Peyton.

It's what we do after that. I still have hope, the sky isn't falling just yet.

Comment

How were they supposed to know that Wilson was going to fumble like that though? And you have to be able to run the ball in the redzone. If you can't, you wind up with FGs. I get putting it in Eli's hands, but you still have to try sometimes.

That game really was just a **** storm. And David Wilson pretty much cost us the game.

I'm done with him. He needs to do a lot to get out of my personal dog house. I'm an impatient guy, I can't deal with that kind of nonsense.
              That's not the point. Fumble or not fumble. We were moving the ball at ease throwing. let's not Kill our own drive by doing something different, not at the goal line at least. Eli can score passing the ball. Let's utilize him.

Yeah Wilson did very poorly. But I want to see his character and let's see if he rebounds. I want to see more of Scott and see if he can adjust to his new role. If they fail again, then let's bring someone in.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                Next preseason, screw injuries play the 1st team way more. We need to adjust for the lack of padded practices and hitting.
                Hells ******* no to this. I'd rather start each season 0-2 than make this injury prone team deal with even more injuries. The season's just started, who cares that we were terribly sloppy in week 1? The regular season is just here to get into the playoffs, and the way we start seasons has never held us back from getting into the playoffs.
                Talkin bought Brodie

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Comment

• Oh, I want to clarify one point: Brewer is absolute garbage and we can't have him starting out there. We need to move Boothe to LG and just hope and pray Cordle can hold it down at Center until Baas comes back. Or give Moseley a shot.

Bc Brewer was getting destroyed last night. He's not going to pan out. He's done.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgf View Post
                    Hells ******* no to this. I'd rather start each season 0-2 than make this injury prone team deal with even more injuries. The season's just started, who cares that we were terribly sloppy in week 1? The regular season is just here to get into the playoffs, and the way we start seasons has never held us back from getting into the playoffs.
                    Well like it or not, less padded practices and contact during training camp is still a factor to injuries, contact AND non contact injuries. It's not like guys are saved under the current conditions. At some point a coach has to recognize what's happening and try to get his team prepared so that this garbage doesn't happen.

This was not hard to see. We seen the offense sleep walk all pre season. They needed more practice, and we were garbage yesterday with turnovers galore. Right now playing this way, playoffs won't be in our future if this stuff isn't corrected.

Comment

Oh, I want to clarify one point: Brewer is absolute garbage and we can't have him starting out there. We need to move Boothe to LG and just hope and pray Cordle can hold it down at Center until Baas comes back. Or give Moseley a shot.

Bc Brewer was getting destroyed last night. He's not going to pan out. He's done.
                      Cordle is terrible! That means DCs will dial up more A gap blitzes because he is so bad. They did that last night between Boothe and Snee. Right now we are in dire straits with the OL. I didn't think they would be this bad. It seemed like the walls were closing in on Eli every snap. He couldn't step up because of A gap pressure, specifically between Snee and Boothe.

Putting Cordle in would be so bad. Boothe wasn't solid and his snaps were making me nervous because they started to get high. But Cordle is god awful. He is not a quality player and if I saw him in the game I expect DCs just to attack A gap. Between him and Snee or him and Boothe.

What depth do we have? David D? Cordle? We really are empty in terms of depth.

Comment

Cordle is terrible! That means DCs will dial up more A gap blitzes because he is so bad. They did that last night between Boothe and Snee. Right now we are in dire straits with the OL. I didn't think they would be this bad. It seemed like the walls were closing in on Eli every snap. He couldn't step up because of A gap pressure, specifically between Snee and Boothe.

Putting Cordle in would be so bad. Boothe wasn't solid and his snaps were making me nervous because they started to get high. But Cordle is god awful. He is not a quality player and if I saw him in the game I expect DCs just to attack A gap. Between him and Snee or him and Boothe.

What depth do we have? David D? Cordle? We really are empty in terms of depth.
                        What else can you do? You have to try something. Brewer just isn't working. Unless they use more 2 back formations to help out. But then that hurts our spread attack.

We can't run screens or else that would be a good adjustment. But screens need to be removed from our playbook bc we clearly can't run a screen to save our life.

We might just have to use more gun and pistol and hope Eli can hit the hot routes before he gets clobbered.

I can't really think of anything else. Dinosaur needs to get with the times and have Eli in gun or pistol the whole game. He needs the space so he doesn't get killed.

Comment

• Yeah, Brewer got DESTROYED. I thought the O-Line picked it up a bit in the second half though. Beatty wasn't getting destroyed like he did the first half. Snee was just bad too. Oh, but a great sign was Pugh seemed GREAT. I loved how he played.

Wilson did completely screw us, but Eli's interceptions hurt too.

I thought our LBs played pretty well, to be honest. Herz sucked when he came in but before that it was good. J-Will looked like a stud. The way he DESTROYED Free was pretty hilarious. Tossing a 300 pound guy on the ground like he's a rag doll.

Like I've said, I feel LB play is completely overrated in a passing league. Look at the 49er/Packers game. Both teams have some stud LBs but it didn't keep either team from throwing the ball all over the place due to issues in the secondary and DL trouble. Oh, and, the Packers and 49ers ate each other alive over the middle, which I thought was the point of having stud LBs who can cover? And the Packers did fine against the read-option despite only having one great LB. They just went HARD after Kaepernick. Pretty much any time they would run the read-option they just went straight for Kaepernick and then if they handed it off let the DL deal with the RB. Kaepernick took a beating from it. The read-option won't last long with the rules the way the are. Wilson and Newton couldn't do anything either.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

What else can you do? You have to try something. Brewer just isn't working. Unless they use more 2 back formations to help out. But then that hurts our spread attack.

We can't run screens or else that would be a good adjustment. But screens need to be removed from our playbook bc we clearly can't run a screen to save our life.

We might just have to use more gun and pistol and hope Eli can hit the hot routes before he gets clobbered.

I can't really think of anything else. Dinosaur needs to get with the times and have Eli in gun or pistol the whole game. He needs the space so he doesn't get killed.

I know, I know. It's bad. Why do you think I was saying the OL worries me. Those mid round stuff we joke about. Look! It's coming back to bite us. Look at our depth and quality. Cordle, brewer, and David D. aren't the answers. Snee is on his last legs. Our starting center is, yet again, hurt! It's not good.

I agree with a lot. This is the side of the ball I watch the most as you know, so you can guess my anger of what I saw yesterday. It was worse then the Thanksgiving Denver game.

I am getting tired of our system. The stuff I was saying regarding the ball go one way and WR goes something else happened all night especially the first 2 quarters and on that Int.

The pistol doesn't help us because Eli has no mobility. I'd rather go Air C. or the damn Air Raid at this point. I don't trust the backs at blocking. So i'd rather just have them release and make them useful that way. Will Eli take hits? Sure, but he is getting knocked around now. At least Eli can take a step and dump it off quickly, instead of our RBs missing blocks.

Our OL depth though is scary bad. That's when happens when you can't hit on mid round picks. I have told you this before. Now it's that bad. Brewer stinks and Cordle stinks. David D. stinks. So now what? Pick your poison...

Comment

Well like it or not, less padded practices and contact during training camp is still a factor to injuries, contact AND non contact injuries. It's not like guys are saved under the current conditions. At some point a coach has to recognize what's happening and try to get his team prepared so that this garbage doesn't happen.

This was not hard to see. We seen the offense sleep walk all pre season. They needed more practice, and we were garbage yesterday with turnovers galore. Right now playing this way, playoffs won't be in our future if this stuff isn't corrected.
                              I'm sorry but this is absurd. Of course we'd have a lot more injuries if we went full bore in preseason, we'd also give teams more useful tape if we really dipped into the full playbook to get that chemistry you want. That's not worth being a little less sloppy in the first game or two of the season.
                              Talkin bought Brodie

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                              We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.

Comment

I know, I know. It's bad. Why do you think I was saying the OL worries me. Those mid round stuff we joke about. Look! It's coming back to bite us. Look at our depth and quality. Cordle, brewer, and David D. aren't the answers. Snee is on his last legs. Our starting center is, yet again, hurt! It's not good.

I agree with a lot. This is the side of the ball I watch the most as you know, so you can guess my anger of what I saw yesterday. It was worse then the Thanksgiving Denver game.

I am getting tired of our system. The stuff I was saying regarding the ball go one way and WR goes something else happened all night especially the first 2 quarters and on that Int.

The pistol doesn't help us because Eli has no mobility. I'd rather go Air C. or the damn Air Raid at this point. I don't trust the backs at blocking. So i'd rather just have them release and make them useful that way. Will Eli take hits? Sure, but he is getting knocked around now. At least Eli can take a step and dump it off quickly, instead of our RBs missing blocks.

Our OL depth though is scary bad. That's when happens when you can't hit on mid round picks. I have told you this before. Now it's that bad. Brewer stinks and Cordle stinks. David D. stinks. So now what? Pick your poison...
                                Pistol can definitely help. The pistol is merely providing your qb with more space without hindering the running concepts out of the formations.

When you go gun, youre limited in your running concepts out of the gun bc of how the RB aligns. In Pistol, you can still align the RB behind the qb and provide the qb with more space to maneuver around pass rushers without him having to waste motion setting out of a drop.

The pistol is something that every offense should run. Playing under center is not necessary. Never has been, it's just the NFL has been late to the party.

Peyton runs pistol in Denver. Eli has twice the mobility of Peyton.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information