Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hate Penn State linebackers, haha. Seems like they're super hyped in college and amount to nothing in the pros.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I agree completely. I hate Penn State LBs as well. So overrated.

I think Penn State players in general are overrated. I don't like how they translate to the NFL. Most wind up being mediocre.

Comment

• Seems like it. I'm trying to think of the last really good Penn State player and no one is immediately coming to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          Seems like it. I'm trying to think of the last really good Penn State player and no one is immediately coming to mind.
          Wake. And we let him go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Wake. And we let him go.
            Haha, that's true. Forgot that he went to Penn State. Heck, it even took him a go in the CFL before he got a chance, and he's not exactly a complete player as I recall.

Comment

• Wake and Larry Johnson.

I give us a pass on cutting Wake though. We weren't the only ones. The guy probably turned his career around once he got to the CFL.

Comment

• Oh and Tamba Hali. He's a stud. I'll give it to Penn State for that one.

But still the point remains, in general, most of their round 1/2 prospects wind up being mediocre nfl players.

Comment

• Levi Brown. How's he doing? I don't think he's lived up to the really high draft status but he's solid.

Comment

• He's a solid RT. I'd call him a disappointment. You don't draft a guy #5 overall to be just a solid RT. He's not even a dominant one, just an ok RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      He's a solid RT. I'd call him a disappointment. You don't draft a guy #5 overall to be just a solid RT. He's not even a dominant one, just an ok RT.
                      It was dumb draft pick all around. I blame the team more for taking a RT that high. If I remember more teams had him in that 12-15 range.

Comment

• Penn State in general has badly produced NFL players. It's a suprise though with how well they recruit.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          It was dumb draft pick all around. I blame the team more for taking a RT that high. If I remember more teams had him in that 12-15 range.
                          Yeah that's true. I'd consider him a disappointment even in that range though. When you take a RT in the first round, he should be at least an upper tier RT.

He's merely an average RT.

Comment

• Speaking of RTs, the RT from Atlanta is a FA, and supposedly he's most likely too expensive to resign.

I wonder if the Giants would consider signing him. I would say no, I rather go with what we have, either move Diehl to RT or hope Brewer develops into a RT.

But you never know what happens.

Comment

• I think our line is going to be suprisingly fine this year. The only position I'm worried about is C but if Koets is healthy then we should have no problems.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I believe in our young guys except for Beatty. I'm just nervous about Beatty.

This is a make or break year for him.

Brewer will be redshirted too, so if Beatty is a dud, we're in trouble at OT, unless we can squeeze another year out of McKenzie. I'm not sure if we can though, I think McKenzie is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information