Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antrel Rolle wants a contract extension and then retire as a Giant. That would help our cap situation big time as he has a high cap number. Extension would help us level everything out. Do it Reese! Rolle, Hill, Brown next year would be nice.

Beason also said he wants to remain with the Giants.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Beatty's injury might be a blessing in disguise. It might force our hand in getting a LT in the draft.

And as far as assistants go, if we could get Norv Turner and Leslie Frazier I would be a happy camper.

Comment

• Norv? YES PLEASE!!!!!

Frazier? I'd rather just keep Fewell at that point. I don't think that is much of an upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Beatty's injury might be a blessing in disguise. It might force our hand in getting a LT in the draft.

And as far as assistants go, if we could get Norv Turner and Leslie Frazier I would be a happy camper.
          It's a broken leg. He'll be back in a few months.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Frazier is a much better DC than Fewell. He's not a pure Cover 2 guy. He draws up great blitzes too.

It's obvious to me that Coughlin loves Cover 2 DCs, so as long as we're stuck with that, we might as well get a guy who's a very good Cover 2 DC. Frazier was a HC candidate bc of how well he ran his defense.

Comment

Frazier is a much better DC than Fewell. He's not a pure Cover 2 guy. He draws up great blitzes too.

It's obvious to me that Coughlin loves Cover 2 DCs, so as long as we're stuck with that, we might as well get a guy who's a very good Cover 2 DC. Frazier was a HC candidate bc of how well he ran his defense.
              So was Fewell though haha.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If we are switching up on offense I'd rather some consistency with our defense. The defense was good this year. The players like Fewell. We've won with him before. I see no reason to change.

Comment

• Sounds like Coughlin doesnt want any staff changes but will have meeting with GM/Owners all week. I guess we're going to have them forced on Coughlin.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Par for the course.

Comment

• Yup. The one thing that always bothered me about Coughlin is his stubborness.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's a gift and curse for him. His loyalty and character is why players play so hard for him.

But his stubbornness also costs him games.

Comment

It's a gift and curse for him. His loyalty and character is why players play so hard for him.

But his stubbornness also costs him games.
                          Yeah that is certainly true.

My top re-signs are:

1. Linval
                          2. Beason
                          3. Tuck
                          4. Nicks
                          5. Conner
                          6. A Brown
                          7. Thomas
                          8. S Brown
                          9. J Brown
                          10. Paysinger
                          11. Rivers
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wouldn't mind Jenkins for another year, I thought all of our DT played well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              Wouldn't mind Jenkins for another year, I thought all of our DT played well.
                              Jenkins is already signed for 2014. Patterson and Rogers are not however.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Just read John Mara's comments and it sounds like Gilbride is a goner and we're going to bring back Mike Sullivan to run the offense. Would that be much of a difference?
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information