• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow it up! Start on over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
      Blow it up! Start on over.
      I'm starting with a new GM then too. The further we are removed from Accorsi's players the worst we've gotten. The draft picks have been either very good and injured or bad. The free agent signings have been poor outside of Rolle. And we got lucky Cruz.

Comment

• Reese has had some great drafts. Injuries have killed a lot of his good picks though.

Kenny Phillips - career over
        Terrell Thomas - ACLs
        JPP - back and now shoulder injuries
        Mario - lost in FA
        Ballard - ACL
        Koets - ACL
        Andre Brown - You name it he got it
        Goff - ACL
        David Wilson - Neck
        Sintim - 2 ACL tears

A lot of his "misses" have actually been hits when they were healthy, but injuries just killed them.

We don't win 2 SBs without Reese #powermoves. I'm willing to give him another year to turn it around.

Comment

• Yeah Reese gets one more year from me also. If Ross leaves I'd like Reese to assume Scouting Director again for this draft or have his hands on it more if possible. I assume it will go to Chris Mara though. Who took over Gettleman's role?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Reese hasn't done the coaching staff any favors either. I feel like earlier in his drafts he was drafting more to fit the scheme and team. And lately he's been drafting athletes alone and saying put these square pegs in round holes.

Comment

• That's also true. The disconnect btw Reese and Coughlin has effected our team too.

To be fair though, take a guy like Jernigan. Why did it take 3 years like Mara said? Now granted I was and still am probably Jernigan's biggest critic, but he's a prime example of the coaching staff not giving young talent a chance to grow into their roles.

Who knows how many other guys could have contributed if they just got a chance to shine.

Comment

• Coughlin has input into the draft. Unfortunately we will never know why the disconnect is there.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  That's also true. The disconnect btw Reese and Coughlin has effected our team too.

To be fair though, take a guy like Jernigan. Why did it take 3 years like Mara said? Now granted I was and still am probably Jernigan's biggest critic, but he's a prime example of the coaching staff not giving young talent a chance to grow into their roles.

Who knows how many other guys could have contributed if they just got a chance to shine.
                  Where did you want Jernigan to play? He was awful on returns. He was clearly behind Nicks, Cruz, and now Randle. We don't see many 4 WR sets. When there was an opening to play, he actually performed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Where did you want Jernigan to play? He was awful on returns. He was clearly behind Nicks, Cruz, and now Randle. We don't see many 4 WR sets. When there was an opening to play, he actually performed.
                    We could have moved Cruz to the outside and put Jernigan in the slot. Bench Randle bc of the misreads on his options.

When we sat Nicks vs the Cowboys we could have used Jernigan on the field. We might be in the playoffs right now if we did that.

Comment

I agree with you here, he didn't play because he is Cruz, but not as good. First question any new OC should get is how is he going to use 2 slot-ish receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        We could have moved Cruz to the outside and put Jernigan in the slot. Bench Randle bc of the misreads on his options.

When we sat Nicks vs the Cowboys we could have used Jernigan on the field. We might be in the playoffs right now if we did that.
                        I doubt we would have been in the playoffs but maybe. Or he may have just misread his options as well. I didn't watch the Lions game but it seemed like he wasn't running many option route, if any, during the Skins game.

It's like the old saying in baseball "Don't trust what you see in September". Well these were meaingless games at the end of a bad season. Like you, I'm still not sold on Jernigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          I agree with you here, he didn't play because he is Cruz, but not as good. First question any new OC should get is how is he going to use 2 slot-ish receivers.
                          Absolutely not. The name Jernigan better not come up in any interview with a potential coach.

Comment

I doubt we would have been in the playoffs but maybe. Or he may have just misread his options as well. I didn't watch the Lions game but it seemed like he wasn't running many option route, if any, during the Skins game.

It's like the old saying in baseball "Don't trust what you see in September". Well these were meaingless games at the end of a bad season. Like you, I'm still not sold on Jernigan.
                            Isn't it incredibly frustrating how good some of our WRs are when they don't run option routes?

Why can't we just get rid of that ****?! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I really hope we hire Norv Turner.

Comment

• If we hire Norv Turner, one of my favorite OCs, along with Whisenhunt, I will have to say, Party at BBD's place!

So here is to Turner being our new OC!

Comment

• Norv would be cool.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information