X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Maycock View Post
    Atrocious? How?

He had a 3rd round rookie QB exceed expectations and while losing his best offensive player he lost 4 games by 3 pts or less and a few more by a TD or less. Played in a division with two playoff teams.. Not too mention having a locker room torn apart by MRSA. He went 4-12, we went a lucky 7-9... Just 3 wins better in a ****** division, with a "Franchise QB", one of the best WR tandems, and some of the best pass rushers.

Schaino got a raw deal with the Bucs. In a few years he'll get another opportunity and pull a Belichick. Hopefully its with us.

If he would come as DC and be our heir apparent to Coughlin I'd go crazy but thats just dreaming.
    And? His players, by all accounts, did not like playing for him.

And oh cool, you are speculating he'll be the next Bill Belichick. A HOF coach with multiple SB wins and many SB appearances. Based on what? Him being a solid defensive coordinator? Hooray for your completely absurd and unsubstantiated speculation!

Also, three wins in the NFL is a HUGE difference.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
      I have been thinking about it and I really like the idea of Charlie Weis as OC if he is available.

Weis and Coughlin have worked together in the past.
      Well we'd have to work a lot on our screen game if that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        And? His players, by all accounts, did not like playing for him.

And oh cool, you are speculating he'll be the next Bill Belichick. A HOF coach with multiple SB wins and many SB appearances. Based on what? Him being a solid defensive coordinator? Hooray for your completely absurd and unsubstantiated speculation!

Also, three wins in the NFL is a HUGE difference.
        This is absolutely false. That was media driven garbage.

After he was let go, many players in the lockerroom said they were shocked and disappointed. They all played hard for Schiano, and he had a lot of support in the lockerroom.

McCoy said himself that he loved playing for Schiano and that he learned more under Schiano then he did in his entire career in football.

Schiano was a very good coach who got screwed. Part of me thinks they fired him bc they thought he was leaving for Penn State.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Schiano please :). I really think he'd be a god fit for us besides my Rutgers love.
        I'm a huge Schiano guy, but this isn't happening. First and foremost, Coughlin doesn't like him. And secondly, he's probably going to be the next Penn State HC and he knows he can go back to college as a HC any time, he won't take a demotion and become an NFL DC.

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
        I have been thinking about it and I really like the idea of Charlie Weis as OC if he is available.

Weis and Coughlin have worked together in the past.

My ideal coaching staff changes are:

Charlie Weis - Offensive Coordinator

Kevin Gilbride - Quarterbacks Coach

Gregg Williams - Defensive Coordinator

Mike Priefer - Special Teams Coordinator

Shannon Turley - Strength and Conditioning
        I'm open to the idea of Weis as OC as well. Weis is a great OC, look at what he did with Matt Cassell in KC.

Comment

• I really thought Schiano would have stayed. However the problem was obviously bigger than him. They fired the GM as well so they did the right thing letting the coach go with him.
          Last edited by Jughead10; 01-02-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• I hope Gilbride retires and Fewell accepts a HC job somewhere. Please Lord let that happen.

And Sullivan goes and coaches some D1 college program as their HC.

Then we'll be cooking for sure.

Comment

• TC, Chud/Turner, Horton

Comment

• Gilbride retiring!!!!
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Any news on any other changes?!

Comment

• Redskins interviewed Caldwell and Fewell

Hire them both!

Comment

• For The Love Of God Hire Them Both!

And Take Sullivan With You Fewell!

Comment

• I hope his son is gone too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Any news on any other changes?!
                          Nope not yet. That's the first shoe to drop.

Thanks for all the playoff and SB memories Gilbride!!!!
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow, can't believe he's retiring. Guess that means Coughlin stays, which I'm happy about.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I'm going to sleep in my Chud PJ's tonight knowing full well Sullivan will be hired in a day.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I would be okay with Sullivan. I'd like a bigger change, but it seems unlikely.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information