• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    No you won't. You'll just be sad.
    It's not going to happen and if it did you'll have to retire my "number."
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      It's not going to happen and if it did you'll have to retire my "number."
      It's so going to happen and you're gonna be so sad.

The Giants have a history of hiring established coaches over up and coming guys who are coordinators.

Comment

It's so going to happen and you're gonna be so sad.

The Giants have a history of hiring established coaches over up and coming guys who are coordinators.
        Fassel was established?
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Fassel was established?
          Wasn't Fassel the OC for Dan Reeves?

I'm talking about clean breaks where we gut the whole staff.

Comment

Wasn't Fassel the OC for Dan Reeves?

I'm talking about clean breaks where we gut the whole staff.
            We hired him as OC from the Cardinals. I think he was OC under Reeves also but years before that. He was as you stated an up and comer though.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
              Cowher hasn't coached for what, 8 years?
              Exactly. This has to be the dumbed thing. True, he probably wanted to coach, but he hasn't done anything in years. Not to mention, why get back into coaching when you have a cushy job with a fixed income, and job security?

Due to his job, now he is getting other marketing jobs such as the Direct Tv commercials. If I am him, I am staying on TV until they fire me. No way, as I get older in age, I want to get back into coaching.

Plus, if he decides to coach, does "The Legend" Dick LaBeau come with him? If not, then no thanks on Cowher. This is the guy that hired Gilbride, and Tim Lewis. So, no thanks.

Comment

• I'm seeing Pepper Johnson and Spags as the two names linked to the Giants if we choose to let Fewell go

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I have a feeling Fewell and Quinn won't be going anywhere if Coughlin is given a choice, which I feel like he is based on how Mara went first. Did Mara say anything that indicated defensive changes were needed? That's what happened with the offense last year so I am curious.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                    I'm seeing Pepper Johnson and Spags as the two names linked to the Giants if we choose to let Fewell go
                    I would be fine with either. I do like the idea of Pepper Johnson having a shot.

It isnt certain that Fewell is gone, though I hope so.

It is probably unlikely, but I like the idea of Fewell being moved/'promoted' to Assistant Head Coach / Secondary Coach like the Seahawks did with Jim Mora jr a few years back. That would allow Coughlin to retain Fewell who is a good DB coach while having scheme changes. That may be particularly useful with Pepper Johnson whose speciality has been with the front seven.
                    Last edited by Big_Pete; 12-30-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Fewell's contract is up anyway I believe so they wouldn't re-sign him. He's 99.999999% a goner in a few hours. Fewell is not staying here to take a demotion.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I meant to post this the other day, but the more I watch ODB, the more I see a young Steve Smith. Even when they took the deep routes away he was still absurdly effective, and then one mistake and hes gone for a TD.

Comment

• Our QB coach Danny Langsdorf is leaving for Nebraska to take an OC role.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by The Alex
                            I might jump to the Giants if the Titans pick Winston. That's how much I hate that guy.
                            We're a great group tbh. Enjoy the Eli train while it's still running. Bc once he retires, it's all downhill from there.

Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG
                            BBD,
                            Atlanta Falcons fire coach Mike Smithhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451246/article/atlanta-falcons-fire-coach-mike-smith

Haha! The world is okay, there is karma. The fool is finally gone. Every key game from playoffs to yesterday he lost. You treat people poorly in life and sooner or later it comes back to you.
                            We all loved that. Glad that turd is gone. Now let's just pray he doesn't become our DC.

Comment

• I'm a bit nervous we have a press conference in 10 minutes and nothing has leaked on Fewell yet.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing. Everyone keeps saying he's a goner but we aren't hearing anything yet.

If Fewell is back next year, I rather move on from Coughlin. We can't have Fewell back again. Coughlin is fine, but he's not ok if he comes back with Fewell on his staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information