This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Everyone keeps saying he's a goner but we aren't hearing anything yet.

If Fewell is back next year, I rather move on from Coughlin. We can't have Fewell back again. Coughlin is fine, but he's not ok if he comes back with Fewell on his staff.
    Same exact thoughts.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Terrible news. Staff decisions will be "Coughlin's decision" according to Mara.

That means Fewell is staying. Terrible news.

Throw next year in the dumpster as well. We're done before it even started.

Comment

Terrible news. Staff decisions will be "Coughlin's decision" according to Mara.

That means Fewell is staying. Terrible news.

Throw next year in the dumpster as well. We're done before it even started.
        I know that's what he said but I still find it hard to believe. Just like Gilbride "retired" last year.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Fewell better not come back. If he does we are wasting Elis prime with a god awful DC.

Comment

• I like Mara. When he speaks you tell he gets football vs other owners who are not football guys.

Comment

• Yeah Mara is a football guy, that's what I love about him. It's great to have an owner that's in tune with the game.

I hope his concerns about injuries leads to us firing the strength and conditioning coach. That's been long overdue.

We need to fire him, Quinn and Fewell, and hire more sports science guys. We really need to advance our conditioning program here, it's dated. Take some notes from Seattle, they have the best program in the league, and Pete Caroll spear headed the whole thing.

Pete doesn't get enough credit for being a brilliant coach. Coaching is so much more than Xs and Os. Pete gets it.

Comment

• We have made a lot of technological advances. Remember in camp they had all the players wear those monitors and such.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Mara basically said that Coughlin will decide his staff, but low-key indicated that he wants changes, but won't force them on Coughlin.

Basically, Coughlin will decide his staff and his fate, and he has 1 year to prove that his decisions were right, or else he's gone.

So now Coughlin is up at bat, and we'll see if he retains Fewell. My gut says he will, and he'll wind up not getting a 1 year extension as a result, and Coughlin is going to gamble on his ability to get the team to the playoffs with his staff in tact and hope that's enough to save everyone's job.

Just my gut talking.

I'm so sad right now.

Comment

Yeah Mara is a football guy, that's what I love about him. It's great to have an owner that's in tune with the game.

I hope his concerns about injuries leads to us firing the strength and conditioning coach. That's been long overdue.

We need to fire him, Quinn and Fewell, and hire more sports science guys. We really need to advance our conditioning program here, it's dated. Take some notes from Seattle, they have the best program in the league, and Pete Caroll spear headed the whole thing.

Pete doesn't get enough credit for being a brilliant coach. Coaching is so much more than Xs and Os. Pete gets it.

Big difference though. Other coaches make business comments. "we are in the business of winning, but we didn't.."

I feel like Mara is more Xs and Os. Just a good overall feel that he knows the game vs other owners who think it's a regular corporate setting.

4 areas of the defense that are outstanding.. LOL. Fewell is coming back. No way he fires him.

Comment

• Sounds like Fewell is coming back. Awful.

This is pathetic. I'm disgusted.

Comment

• I never knew a HOF coach that picked poor coordinators. It's god awful. One time Fewell had 8th ranked total defense. Other than that, all late 20s.

Comment

• Defending special teams. LOL. GRRRRR

Comment

• Asked why he's working so hard to defend Fewell, Coughlin said, "I'm trying to introduce balance."

What does this even mean?

Comment

• I know it looks like they're coming back but I think this is all a show just so they don't totally throw Fewell under the bus. "Hey look other teams he does good stuff."
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• He has said that he is still evaluating Fewell, which is probably good.

Also seems pissed about Langsdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information