This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Reading that was like giving myself an enema.
    It's amazing because the defensive philosophy is supposed to innately stop that due to dropping guys in coverage and only rushing 4. If you blitzed, like single high or even Cover 0, where everyone blitzes, then you leave yourself open to the home run ball.

However, due to being conservative, he wants to rush 4, and drop the rest so the secondary guys can play zone and jump passes, and cause turnovers. If not, then coverage sack. That's the overall theory.

So if that's the case, then why throughout his tenure have we been beaten by so many home run balls, passing and rushing??

Why can't we beat backup QBs like Rex Ryan, Brandon Weeden, and Tavaris Jackson/CHarle Whisehurst?? Sure our offense stunk at the same time period. I get that, but how are you letting those QBs and Drew Stanton beat you? ANd they were making big plays and not getting attacked. Sit back and let thos guys beat you. That's god awful..

I don't respect his scheme. In fact, Ihave zero faith in our defense. Only time I did was with Spags. I hated Hufangel too. In reality, only coordinators I liked was Gilbride and Spags.

People compare TC and Parcells, but Parcells has a coaching tree. What's TCs coaching tree legacy? Spags? He won 2 SBs, so on face value one might assume our coordinators OR position coaches have been poached so that they could get promoted. That's NOT the case. That's sad... two time SB HC, but only 1 guy got offered a HCing job.

Tim Lewis got fired in 2006, and still hasn't sniffed another coordinator job. That's god awful. Sheridan won't either after being on Schianos staff.

Comment

• Also watching a ton of Alabama games this year, I really want their FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
        Also watching a ton of Alabama games this year, I really want their FB
        Burton from Rutgers is better. It's not even close.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like White the WVU Wr. I wouldn't mind him at 9, if Cooper is long gone. SOme of the OL talent I would put on my priority list too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
            I would like to see us replace some positional coaches if we can upgrade, particularly OL, DL and LB
            I agree. We should have new coaches at DC, DL, LB, ST, and strength and conditioning. I'd look I to replacing The OL as well. If sparano doesn't stay in Oakland. I'd scoop him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
              I agree. We should have new coaches at DC, DL, LB, ST, and strength and conditioning. I'd look I to replacing The OL as well. If sparano doesn't stay in Oakland. I'd scoop him up.
              Sparano is my top preference for OL if he becomes available.

Ideally I want Karl Dunbar or Pepper Johnson coaching the DL.

I am not sure who are the better options as LB coach, noone really stands out at the moment.

Larry Izzo or Thomas McGaughey are good options for ST

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                It's amazing because the defensive philosophy is supposed to innately stop that due to dropping guys in coverage and only rushing 4. If you blitzed, like single high or even Cover 0, where everyone blitzes, then you leave yourself open to the home run ball.

However, due to being conservative, he wants to rush 4, and drop the rest so the secondary guys can play zone and jump passes, and cause turnovers. If not, then coverage sack. That's the overall theory.

So if that's the case, then why throughout his tenure have we been beaten by so many home run balls, passing and rushing??

Why can't we beat backup QBs like Rex Ryan, Brandon Weeden, and Tavaris Jackson/CHarle Whisehurst?? Sure our offense stunk at the same time period. I get that, but how are you letting those QBs and Drew Stanton beat you? ANd they were making big plays and not getting attacked. Sit back and let thos guys beat you. That's god awful..

I don't respect his scheme. In fact, Ihave zero faith in our defense. Only time I did was with Spags. I hated Hufangel too. In reality, only coordinators I liked was Gilbride and Spags.

People compare TC and Parcells, but Parcells has a coaching tree. What's TCs coaching tree legacy? Spags? He won 2 SBs, so on face value one might assume our coordinators OR position coaches have been poached so that they could get promoted. That's NOT the case. That's sad... two time SB HC, but only 1 guy got offered a HCing job.

Tim Lewis got fired in 2006, and still hasn't sniffed another coordinator job. That's god awful. Sheridan won't either after being on Schianos staff.
                If you judge a coach by his coaching tree, does that make Fassel with John Fox and Sean Payton a better coach than Coughlin?

If you go back a little, Del Rio, Capers and Gilbride all got HC jobs after being on the Jags staff.

Comment

• I know it was a pipe dream but looks like Rex has a shot to land as a HC. Atlanta and San Fran are looking to interview him. Atlanta would be a perfect fit IMO.

Comment

• Any news on the coaching front? #ODELLFORMVP
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
                      I know it was a pipe dream but looks like Rex has a shot to land as a HC. Atlanta and San Fran are looking to interview him. Atlanta would be a perfect fit IMO.
                      Pretty much already said he won't be a DC. So even if he doesn't get a HC, he is heading to TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        Any news on the coaching front? #ODELLFORMVP
                        Nope. Won't hear anything until Friday at the earliest I bet.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Pretty much already said he won't be a DC. So even if he doesn't get a HC, he is heading to TV.
                          If he goes to a team with a ready made offense like the Falcons I think he'll do well. It will add more plight to the Jets fans when he's in the NFC Championship game next year against us.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sounds like franchise tag is a likely option for JPP.

Comment

Sounds like franchise tag is a likely option for JPP.
                              Makes the most sense to me. Hopefully they can work something out.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                                If you judge a coach by his coaching tree, does that make Fassel with John Fox and Sean Payton a better coach than Coughlin?

If you go back a little, Del Rio, Capers and Gilbride all got HC jobs after being on the Jags staff.
                                No, not just that one thing, but obviously other components too. But how you develop coaches is important. The win loss record, and Sbs wins is the premiere thing.

It's good he did that back then. However, he had even more success with the Giants than he did back then. Teams should have been trying to poach our staff, especially when you win 2 Sbs and in 10 years had only 1 losing season which was the rookie 6-10 year. Since then neutral 8-8 or better, that's obviously excluding the recent 2 seasons. But no one came knocking on the door. Spags got the only offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information