• La'el Collins? Oh wait...
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Oh come on, give us a break.

Comment

• My life sucks.

Comment

• Beatty being hurt is not good, but it sounds like he could be healthy in late October.

I wonder if we look at options to fill the gap.

I would be willing to look at Mitchell Schwartz for a late round pick in 2016. He is coming off contract after the season and the Browns have been looking at upgrading.

Comment

• Move Pugh to LT and have Flowers adjust to the NFL by playing RT.

Comment

• Why not just let us see in preseason how Flowers and Pugh look at LT.

I can see an argument for leaving Pugh at RT, but regardless give them both a shot and see how they look in preseason.

Newhouse is probably in the mix as well.

Comment

• I think it will be an open competition at LT between Pugh, Flowers, and Newhouse.

We should look at free agent options. Jake Long, Ryan Harris, Anthony Collins, or Gabe Carimi.

Jake long may not be fully recovered from his acl injury. And Harris and Carimi are probably better off at RT. But I think we should give serious consideration to Collins. He struggled a bit last year but always performed well as a swing tackle with the bengals. Once Beatty is healthy he can go to the bench.

Comment

• I figured I would see a lot of panicking here. Joe Barksdale/Jake long would be a good investment...

Comment

• Barksdale signed with the Chargers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
                      Barksdale signed with the Chargers.
                      well... we need to sign someone pending some inexplicable development. Newhouse sucks. I think we could put flowers at LT, but don't know if I feel comfortable with him and Jerry next to each other if we decide to keep Schwartz at RG...

Comment

• Well obviously we need to sign someone.

I wasn't a fan of signing Newhouse but he's the only one of the three with starting LT experience. Id only imagine he'll get an opportunity to show himself.

Pugh struggled at RT, having him play LT just wouldn't be a smart bet.

Flowers is our best option. We just have to correct his technique flaws fast.

If we hit up free agency, and we should, It would come down to Collins and Long for me but Long can't stay healthy so I'd scoop up Anthony Collins. At this stage he's probably the best we can get and he could compete at either starting tackle spot.

If we decide to go guard instead maybe Blalock or Rob Sims but seeing that Beatty should be back by early November I'd stick with moving Pugh to LG so at least we have continuity with the interior.

Comment

• Unlikely but any possible trade targets?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like the idea of signing Anthony Collins and having him and Flowers fight for the LT position. Whoever loses goes to RT.

I really want Pugh to get his snaps at LG bc when/if Beatty comes back, Pugh would move to LG. He needs to mesh there and build chemistry.

So ideally I want Pugh to remain at LG, Rich at C, Schwartz at RG, and then just have an open competition btw Flowers and FA for LT/RT rights.

That way when Beatty comes back, we don't change the whole OL, we just move the OT spots around.

I don't want us changing the interior of our OL around during the season. Keep them consistent and just rotate your OTs when Beatty comes back.

Comment

• BBD thats my ideal situation at the moment, though I'd like to think Long could be an option too. I just don't think its likely the way that Coughlin will do it.

Comment

• We could roll with Flowers-Pugh-Richburg-Hart-Schwartz

keep the young Pugh in at LG to let him develop, see what we have in Hart, and Schwartz is a vet who shouldn't have trouble transitioning from RT back to RG when Beatty comes back

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information