This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I like the idea of signing Anthony Collins and having him and Flowers fight for the LT position. Whoever loses goes to RT.

I really want Pugh to get his snaps at LG bc when/if Beatty comes back, Pugh would move to LG. He needs to mesh there and build chemistry.

So ideally I want Pugh to remain at LG, Rich at C, Schwartz at RG, and then just have an open competition btw Flowers and FA for LT/RT rights.

That way when Beatty comes back, we don't change the whole OL, we just move the OT spots around.

I don't want us changing the interior of our OL around during the season. Keep them consistent and just rotate your OTs when Beatty comes back.
    Exactly my thoughts. To me that just makes the most sense.

Comment

• With the injury to Beatty my mind went to
      "With their first pick in the 2016 draft the NY Giants select
      Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley."
      [img]

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Unlikely but any possible trade targets?
        One option could be Mitchell Schwartz. He is scheduled to be a free agent after the season.

The Browns reportedly had him on the trade block last year, plus they drafted Cam Erving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puretalent View Post
          With the injury to Beatty my mind went to
          "With their first pick in the 2016 draft the NY Giants select
          Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley."
          It is possible certainly, it will depend on how Beatty recovers and how well our young guys play.

There are some depth eligible for the draft next year:
          Ronnie Stanley, Laremy Tunsil, Taylor Decker, Jack Conklin

Mind you there is some talent at OT in the last year of their contracts:
          Trent Williams, Anthony Catonzo, Cordy Glenn, Nate Solder, Russell Okung, Bob Massie and Keleche Osmele at guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
            Well obviously we need to sign someone.

I wasn't a fan of signing Newhouse but he's the only one of the three with starting LT experience. Id only imagine he'll get an opportunity to show himself.

Pugh struggled at RT, having him play LT just wouldn't be a smart bet.

Flowers is our best option. We just have to correct his technique flaws fast.

If we hit up free agency, and we should, It would come down to Collins and Long for me but Long can't stay healthy so I'd scoop up Anthony Collins. At this stage he's probably the best we can get and he could compete at either starting tackle spot.

If we decide to go guard instead maybe Blalock or Rob Sims but seeing that Beatty should be back by early November I'd stick with moving Pugh to LG so at least we have continuity with the interior.
            That is pretty much my thinking as well

Comment

• So Beatty's timeline is 5-6 months as of May 21st. 6-10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                So Beatty's timeline is 5-6 months as of May 21st. 6-10 games.
                It is looking like a november return. It could be helpful going into the back half of the season.

Comment

• What is everyone thoughts about the Giants having two days of joint practice with the Bengals in Cincinnati on August 11 and 12 ahead of our preseason game on the 14th?

Comment

• Hopefully the players don't hang out with them /media

Shame Zimmer isn't still there, feel like he would of done a good deal of yelling at our defense.

Comment

• I was reading an article about the top 7 current contract disputes
                      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ikely-play-out

The one I found interesting from an NYG point of view is Mohammed Wilkerson from the Jets.
                      He is holding out from OTAs as he doesn't want to play on his $6.969m guaranteed contract.

Woody Johnson has been saying that there are sporadic contract negotations, but that a deal has to work for both parties. With Leonard Williams in the fold, there may be no rush to give Wilkerson the big deal he wants. I could see Wilkerson being available for trade at the right price.

So hypothetically, would you consider a trade for Wilkerson?
                      We seem to have a need at DT and the Giants currently have the second most cap room for 2016 according to over the cap with a shade under $60m free.

If you wanted to make a trade for Wilkerson, what kind of compensation would you be willing to give up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                        Hopefully the players don't hang out with them /media

Shame Zimmer isn't still there, feel like he would of done a good deal of yelling at our defense.
                        It is interesting that both Coughlin and Lewis joined their teams at the same time.

Their front seven will be a decent test for our oline and running game.

Their running game should be an interesting test for our run defence as well.

I am curious to see how our secondary goes against their receivers. Should be a good test for Collins and co

Comment

• OTAs!

Hopefully we can get a little better idea of what we have at LT and if we should tap into free agency for a vet.

I'm also interested in seeing Bennet Jackson in his first looks at safety.

Comment

• No injuries please.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                              I was reading an article about the top 7 current contract disputes
                              http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ikely-play-out

The one I found interesting from an NYG point of view is Mohammed Wilkerson from the Jets.
                              He is holding out from OTAs as he doesn't want to play on his $6.969m guaranteed contract.

Woody Johnson has been saying that there are sporadic contract negotations, but that a deal has to work for both parties. With Leonard Williams in the fold, there may be no rush to give Wilkerson the big deal he wants. I could see Wilkerson being available for trade at the right price.

So hypothetically, would you consider a trade for Wilkerson?
                              We seem to have a need at DT and the Giants currently have the second most cap room for 2016 according to over the cap with a shade under $60m free.

If you wanted to make a trade for Wilkerson, what kind of compensation would you be willing to give up?
                              That cap space will go away very quickly once you pay Eli, Prince, and JPP.

If we get Mo, that means no JPP. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you also have to lose a draft pick, probably a 2nd at best, which is a lot to give up.

Probably better off just playing out the season and see where the chips fall.

Comment

• First team OL today:

1st Giants OL alignment post-Beatty of OTAs:
                                LT Ereck Flowers, LG Justin Pugh, C Weston Richburg, RG John Jerry, RT Marshall Newhouse.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information