This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
    I like Pepe Le Pugh at left guard. Jake long visited today. I feel like he would be the LT though
    Depends on how healthy Long is. It may be better to slot him in at RT next to Jerry/Schwartz and let Pugh and Flowers start developing some long term cohesion on th left side.

It does mean we are looking at options to upgrade tackle though

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
      Nice quotes on Pugh at LG

OL Justin Pugh on why he likes playing guard: ‘«£Having the ability to get free shots on guys, going up to the linebackers, I can utilize my ability to pull. I am embracing it. I am going to be the best left guard that I can be and help produce for this team. We have to run the ball and we have to be stout‘«™My left tackle is going to love playing next to me.‘«ō
      Pugh has a great attitude. He should've been playing LG from day 1 but better late then never. He has probowl potential there.

Comment

• Here is an interesting read I found from Pro Football Focus comparing Odell Beckham's performance with that of other top WRs in their respective rookie seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ll-beckham-jr/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
          Pugh has a great attitude. He should've been playing LG from day 1 but better late then never. He has probowl potential there.
          I like how Pugh seems to have really embraced the move to LG. It is good to see he is picking Snee's brains as well.

Upgrading LG will help both Flowers and Richburg.

It is interesting that Pugh is the longest tenured active OL for the Giants. It is good to see him stepping up with leadership.

Comment

• Do you think Red Bryant is a decent option to improve DT depth? He would upgrade our run defence.

Going by OTAs it looks like Jenkins may be spending time at DE

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
              Do you think Red Bryant is a decent option to improve DT depth? He would upgrade our run defence.

Going by OTAs it looks like Jenkins may be spending time at DE
              You have to keep in mind JPP isnt there.

Jenkins would see time as the 5 tech in our 4-3 under looks that we'll have. Red Bryant played the 5 in Seattles/Jacksonvilles 4-3 under defense. So no, I don't think Red Bryant is an option. I am, however, excited about the possibility of Ellis at the nose with Hankins at the 3 in our under packages with JPP at the 5. I'd also like to see Moore in the Leo role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel Pipeher
                No offense to who ever set that up but that ish is blah as hell. Why dont we just migrate to a Giants forum that's already set up? I'm sure some of you are on some other boards that are worthy of our collective knowledge. Or is this more of a move for the whole site not just giants fans?
                It's for the whole site. Most of the main posters here are fed up and this board never works anymore. We'll have a Giants thread there and I can't speak for everyone but I'll rarely be here now. Sorry guys.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Offense taken! Not really, I'm open to all stylistic suggestions and will be going with whatever the majority thinks.

Comment

• The Falcons have cut LB Prince Shembo. Is he worth a look?

he does have his legal case ahead of him and likely faces league discipline, but he might be worth a shot to improve LB depth

Comment

• Hell No. The guy kicked a dog and killed it. He also had legal issues in college.

Comment

• I am also in the hell no department.

Comment

• How is Ereck Flowers looking in the OTAs so far?

Comment

• DRC is reportedly up to 208lbs, it doesn't seem to have affected his speed or agility

Comment

• Cameron Jordan signed a 5 year, $60m extension with the Saints with $33.8m guaranteed.

Does this help set the market for JPP?

Jordan's contract averages $11m per year, which is 8th among DEs (its 5 year, $55m with $5m in incentives). Jordan's $33.8m guaranteed money is 3rd in the league behind only JJ Watt ($51.8m) and Robert Quinn ($41.1m).

If the rumours are to be believed, the Giants offer for JPP was around 5 years, $50-55m with $20m guaranteed.

Presuamably JPP will want more than what Cam Jordan got, I wouldn't be surprised if he is looking at around the $70m deal Charles Johnson got, but guaranteed money is a factor.

Interestingly Cam Jordan is represented by the same agent as JPP.
                              Last edited by Big_Pete; 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• I don't mind DRC being less as long as he has lifted and prepared his body for the season.

Jordan is a tier below JPP I feel, but any contact of a player near his spectrum that is obtainable is more reinforcement for a good deal on our part.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information