This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I'm sure the Colts would love to have Osi.
    Clayton was reporting today that the Seahawks are interested. I don't think we can afford to lose him though.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      Btw, loving the sudden surge of Giants talk, haha. Can't wait for the season!

Although, I'm moving to South Carolina for grad school so I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep every night when I can't get the Giants games.
      It is a horrible feeling. Need to get my slingbox fixed in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Clayton was reporting today that the Seahawks are interested. I don't think we can afford to lose him though.
        Well if they gave a 3rd for Whitehurst, we should be able to get a 2nd for Osi. I'd do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Well if they gave a 3rd for Whitehurst, we should be able to get a 2nd for Osi. I'd do it.
          I don't know. Going into the year with Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, and Tolly is not something I'd feel comfortable with.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Ehh he used to stop the rush but it's not what we ask him to do anymore Also who cares if he bullrushes? I'd rather take his quick move with a strip sack everyday of the week. This will be his last year as a Giant for sure I think but he had a great tenure. He complains to much but for the most part he's backed it up on the field.
            Honestly, if Kiwi can stay healthy, I think he can be a better DE than Osi. He's light years better vs the run, and I think he's finally developed his body to play DE and rush the passer consistently.

Of course, our luck, he happens to also have injury issues that scares us from extending him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              Btw, loving the sudden surge of Giants talk, haha. Can't wait for the season!

Although, I'm moving to South Carolina for grad school so I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep every night when I can't get the Giants games.
              Congrats bro. Education always comes first.

Just get a slingbox for your dad's house or whoever always watches the games. That way you can watch it whereever you are.

If you have a droid phone, theres a slingbox app that you can get so you can even watch games on your phone.

Slingbox is a life saver.

Comment

• I still am concerned about Kiwi's pass rushing ability. I just feel like we didn't get to see enough of him last to year to know for certain how he'd hold up over the course of a year.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Kiwi is hurt more than Osi. For a team needing health it's not a good idea to go in there relying on a player coming a major injury.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• My issue with Kiwi's pass rush ability has always been his lack of strength. He had the length, he had the speed, but his inability to bull rush or use his strength to fight off the hands of a LT prevented him from being an effective pass rusher.

But he's gained significant strength and corrected that problem. Go back and watch his PS game vs the Steelers. He comes in on a bullrush and absolutely drills the Tackle into Ben.

Watch his sacks during the season. He can get into guys now. And he's gotten even bigger this year.

I think Kiwi is going to be a beast if he can stay healthy. That neck scares the crap out of me though. But if he can stay healthy, I'm telling you, I expect big things from him.

He's hungry too.

Comment

• I still want to keep Osi though. I just think we take a big hit this year if we lose him bc JPP isn't ready, and Kiwi is a question mark.

Comment

• Free agent S Quintin Mikell believes new Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will move from an aggressive blitz-heavy scheme to more of a Cover-2.

How do you feel about that BBD

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                          How do you feel about that BBD
                          I just read that and was about to post it haha. I love it. Can't wait.

Comment

• Realistically, expect them to run the same defense Tennessee ran. More of a man Cover 2 defense with occasional blitzes from DBs, rarely did Tennesee blitz their LBs, they almost always occupy a zone in the middle of the field to take away the intermediate middle.

Comment

• I literally just read that also and was coming to post it here. Eli and our WR corps can rip a Cover 2. Then again the problem last year for us wasn't really an offensive thing.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think we did have offensive issues. Our WRs rarely recognized the hot and adjusted accordingly and we had a ton of miscommunication on routes that led to turnovers.

That's a Gilbride problem though. Unfortunately that won't go away. But with less blitzes and more basic coverages, I'm hoping our WR core won't screw up as much in their route adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information