Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we have offensive issues but our problem against the Eagles this year was not the offense. We had 4th quarter leads in both games and put up 31 in the second game. I think we've gone over the Gilbride offense enough here and now it just nauseates me.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think it's an overall team problem vs them. Offense, defense, special teams.

How many times has DeSean Jackson returned a punt vs us? When was the last time we had a kick off or punt return on them?

How many times did we just need 1 or 2 first downs at a critical time in the 4th quarter to put them out and not convert?

How many times did we give up scores to them to bring them back in the game?

It's an entire team issue vs them. I don't think it's just 1 unit. We just have to get out of this funk and beat them once for confidence bc right now I think the team just lacks the killer instinct they need to put the Eagles away.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        On paper it makes sense. But one thing that's overlooked is anytime you take the MIKE off the field, you take away the guy who lines everyone up and makes adjustments and audibles prior to the snap.

Sure, Boley does that in the nickel, but he's not exactly Antonio Pierce.

That's why I think having a 3 down MIKE is what we truly need. Bradley can cover too now, he's no chop liver. He's no Manny Lawson in coverage, but he can cover.

But realistically we're just going to go with what we have in house.
        I do think that between Boley and one of our safeties we could fill that issue. I think KP's got the intelligence to do a great job if asked, Rolle could do it and Boley isn't ******** so should improve the more he's asked.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          Btw, loving the sudden surge of Giants talk, haha. Can't wait for the season!

Although, I'm moving to South Carolina for grad school so I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep every night when I can't get the Giants games.
          I live in Chicago, the only time I got to watch giants games on tv was when they were on prime time or the two years I spent in Buffalo. It sucks quality wise but you get used to watching games online pretty quick.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            I live in Chicago, the only time I got to watch giants games on tv was when they were on prime time or the two years I spent in Buffalo. It sucks quality wise but you get used to watching games online pretty quick.
            Haha, I'm used to watching games online. I watched the vast majority of Knicks games online as for whatever reason they're blacked out where I live in Connecticut. As long as I can watch them somewhere I'll be happy.

I will be looking into a sling box though. It seems like it doesn't work as well if you don't have a wired internet connection plugged directly into the box, but I'm hoping to find a loop hole for it.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/7/13...olb-washington

would love to have him across from Boley

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Has anyone seen a projection on where we will be above/below the cap?

Comment

• I saw one on Bleacher Report where we are under by 7 Mill.

I'll go look for the link. I don't know how reliable that article would be though.

EDIT:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...agents/page/22
                  Last edited by Malaka; 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• I read somewhere on BBI that it was 11 over

Comment

• Why is Keith Bullock still mentioned as a key free agent for us and a key potential loss? We knew he was just a 1 year stop gap from day 1. He wasn't that good either so why is it such a big deal

SPLOOSH

Comment

• My current preferred trade option for Osi is this

DE Osi Umenyiora for LB David Hawthorne (Seahawks) and a 2012 3rd round pick

Hawthorne signed on a 1 year deal and the Seahawks have plenty of talent at LB with Curry, Hill and Tatupu (plus drafted KJ Wright). Hawthorne has started two seasons 2009 at MLB (11 games) and 2010 at WLB (16 games) when Tatupu and Hill got hurt, passing 100 tackles in both seasons (223 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 ints, 5 FF and 2 FR) .

Hawthorne would be cheap with his one year 900k deal and weekly 50k roster bonuses, but we could equally sign him to an extension.

Hawthorne is the playmaker we badly need at WLB and which Boley frankly wasn't last year. Hawthorne would slide in at WLB with Boley flipping to SLB. With a better supporting cast at LB, Boley's play could be much improved. Also Sintim would compete with Boley, particularly on early downs.

trading Osi would save us somewhere around $3m (which could be used for Hawthorne's extension

--------------------------------------------------

I would still bring in a stud MLB with Tulloch on the top of my list as my one big signing.

Here is how I would ideally like to see our LB depth shape up something like:

SLB - Michael Boley, Clint Sintim/Adrian Tracy

MLB - Stephen Tulloch, Jon Goff, Greg Jones/Phillip Dillard

WLB - David Hawthorne, Jacquain Williams

--------------------------------------------------

As far as paying for this (and other moves), this is what I would do

cut Andrews (saving $7.3m), Bernard (saving $1.7m)

Contracts Reworked (wth 2011 salaries)

Corey Webster (8.0m), Eli Manning (8.5m), Brandon Jacobs (4.65m), Chris Canty (5.25m), Michael Boley (3.5m), Shaun O'Hara (3.45m), Sage Rosenfels (3.0m)

give McKenzie a one year extension, turning much of his 4.3m salary into bonuses

put the veteran $3mil exemption on Jacobs contract.

remember it is expected there will be a very big increase in the cap in 2013 due to increased revenue.

Comment

• Cutting Andrews will save us 7.3 million this year, so he's pretty much a goner.

Unless we resign him for a smaller contract. But regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't cut him.

That may free up another roster spot.

Comment

• While I'd like to see Andrews back at a cheaper salary, I think FO might deem a roster spot wasted on someone who's back is just so unpredicatable.

Comment

• When he's healthy he's a beast, but let's face it, the guy is toast. Backs just don't magically heal on their own with time when they're as messed up as his is.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong (in a giants uniform of course), but i'm not holding my breathe.

Comment

• O'Hara might be a cap casualty as well and Seubert may start the year on P.U.P.

Also PFT saying there may not be as many cap casulties as we expect. It's all very confusing :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information