Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was 5 years 26 Million I read somewhere.

Comment

• I like the signing. I would have loved Kalil even more, but I can't complain with this guy. Plus it saves us money.

Bradshaw is running out of options with Miami signing Reggie Bush. I think as long as Denver stays away from him, we should be able to re-sign him at our price.

He's trying to squeeze the Giants for more money though.

Comment

• Also, is it true that Steve Smith won't be ready until the end of training camp at earliest? I heard that somewhere, I can't remember where, and that's very concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I like the signing. I would have loved Kalil even more, but I can't complain with this guy. Plus it saves us money.

Bradshaw is running out of options with Miami signing Reggie Bush. I think as long as Denver stays away from him, we should be able to re-sign him at our price.

He's trying to squeeze the Giants for more money though.
          I think Bradshaw will be back. Though I have a feeling we won't like the terms too much.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Also, is it true that Steve Smith won't be ready until the end of training camp at earliest? I heard that somewhere, I can't remember where, and that's very concerning.
          This makes the Plax interest more believable.

Comment

• I have a feeling the Steelers land Plax. Tomlin will win him over with his rah rah ********.

******* Mike Tomlin. I can't stand TomTom.

Comment

• I'm still on the Randy Moss bandwagon btw.

Comment

I'm still on the Randy Moss bandwagon btw.

When I thought no chance on Plax, I thought it'd be some for Randy, but now....

Just kidding BBD, I just don't see the match.

Comment

• I know. I'm just gonna go cry in a corner when he signs with the Jets, Pats, or Eagles.

Comment

• Will Boothe or Beatty be in the Giants o-line plans? Seems neither has really panned out as quality replacements.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
                      Will Boothe or Beatty be in the Giants o-line plans? Seems neither has really panned out as quality replacements.
                      Beatty at worst is the swing tackle, and I believe he'll be the starting LT this year.

BBD is pessismistic, but I think if he hadn't broken his foot last year he would have been starting by week 4 or 5.

Boothe is what he is, can play 3 positions on the line, is familiar with our system and hasn't made a fool of himself when needing to play.

LT: Beatty, Diehl
                      LG: Diehl, Petrus
                      C: Baas, Koets,
                      RG: Snee, Boothe
                      RT: McKenzie, Brewer

While Brewer is listed behind McKenzie, if it actually came to it, I'd say Diehl to LT and Beatty to RT. Brewer will get very little playing time this year.

Comment

• If Beatty pans out at LT, I think our best starting 5 would be:

LT: Beatty
                        LG: Petrus
                        C: Baas
                        RG: Snee
                        RT: Diehl

If he's a dud, then I'd go with

LT: Diehl
                        RT: McKenzie

If McKenzie is washed up and can't play, plus Beatty is a dud, we have to go

LT: Diehl
                        RT: Brewer

But that's a scary thought. I think Brewer has to be redshirted. He's not ready.

But I think Beatty could play RT even if he sucks at LT. So we should still be fine.

Comment

• Forgot about Boothe. Boothe would probably play before Brewer would. I'd be shocked if Brewer sees the field this year.

Only chance he has is if he blows everyone away in TC.

Comment

• According to the Bergen Record, the Giants have informed David Diehl that he's moving to left guard with Will Beatty moving into the starting lineup at left tackle.
                            There it is BBD :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              There it is BBD :)
                              Let's not be overly excited about this though. Remember they did the same thing last year before camp, but Beatty sucked so hard they aborted the idea.

Let's see if Beatty can take advantage of it this year. If he does pan out, I seriously rather move Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG, but that's just me.

Comment

Let's not be overly excited about this though. Remember they did the same thing last year before camp, but Beatty sucked so hard they aborted the idea.

Let's see if Beatty can take advantage of it this year. If he does pan out, I seriously rather move Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG, but that's just me.
                                I think you are overrating Petrus. I saw a decent prospect with some shine, but I'm taking the veterans over him every day, at least for the beginning of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information