This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    The fumbling issues were a problem but he did have a broken wrist when most of those occurred so maybe it'll be better this year.
    That makes Coughlin ******** for giving Bradshaw so many carries on a broken wrist when Jacobs was doing great when he got the chance. That actually makes me more annoyed with Coughlin.

Comment

Bradshaw's main fumbling came before he broke his wrist I believe. Having the broken wrist probably caused him to protect his wrist more, thus protecting the ball.

Comment

Bradshaw was still running the ball well. I don't blame him.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          I bet you Cowboys fans were behind that.
          They're always up to no good. Like rooting for the Cowboys.

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
          We have to work with him about it. It's a bad issue, but then again, we had drops, Ints, and other stuff. All turnovers rub me the wrong way. That's where the coaching staff and position coach, especially, need to come up with creative ways to find a solution.

If not, then draft a better # 1 starter and have Bradshaw be the # 2. Jacobs can be # 3 or find another team.

A lot of Bradshaw's fumbles were trying to get more yards. I like the thought process and heart to do that, but teams saw the window and poked the ball out. It seemed to be tied into the style of running. Ingram needs to work with him.
          It isn't rocket science. The coaching staff has been preaching "high and tight" to him all season, and he still held it like a loaf of bread. Jacobs held it high and tight, Tiki did under Coughlin, Bradshaw has been under Coughlin for 4 years now and he still can't figure it out?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            It isn't rocket science. The coaching staff has been preaching "high and tight" to him all season, and he still held it like a loaf of bread. Jacobs held it high and tight, Tiki did under Coughlin, Bradshaw has been under Coughlin for 4 years now and he still can't figure it out?
            He tries too hard. 9 time out of 10 the fumbles occur on him giving that second effort for an extra half yard to a yard. He can't help himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              He tries too hard. 9 time out of 10 the fumbles occur on him giving that second effort for an extra half yard to a yard. He can't help himself.
              That's the thing though, we have to accept that out of him. That extra fight is the reason why he's a good RB, but that extra fight also leads to fumbles. You get the good with the bad with him.

So is his production enough to warrant his fumbling issues? I'm not sure if it is. Ok fine, so he's better than Jacobs. Big deal. Why does that mean we have to sign him back? Why not draft a guy to replace him that's better than both of them?

None of us can guarantee that he fixes this fumbling issue, which is why I'm cautious about extending him.

Comment

They're always up to no good. Like rooting for the Cowboys.

No, but football players are not that smart.. This is at all levels. Trust me, if you actually hear the grades of some of these guys, at any level, mainly HS, and college, you'd be VERY surprised.

C
                D
                F
                F
                D
                C
                D
                F
                D

After a while you wonder, if school is getting in the way of football. So nothing surprised me of that stand point after witnessing this with my own two eyes.

He does that and it hurts his style. I guess.. What's funny is people rip Bradshaw, and meanwhile are on their knees blowing Hillis and he has MORE fumbles than Bradshaw!

Comment

Oh trust me. I know athletes are stupid. I'm surprised more people don't know this.

That's why I'm against paying college athletes. 90% of em don't make it to the next level, yet all of them get a free ride and high gpa at a college that they can take with them like the rest of us.

And half of em can't spell their name right. I have no sympathy for the college athlete. They get away with murder.

Comment

I think the fumbles will go down this year. We need to keep Bradshaw around. He has improved immensely in pass protection also.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I love Bradshaw and support him, BUT he fumbles too much. I love and appreciate the way he runs the rock especially since our run blocking was very inconsistent the entire yr, and Bradshaw got most of those 1200 rushing yds on effort and determination.

However, he needs to be more patient running the rock, work on his securing receptions without thinking about YAC, he's been under the knife a bit too much and he's only 24. I believe we need to have more foresight ala Patriots and not resign certain players. Or for that matter trade players before they start going downhill production wise or leave via Free Agency. Of course this is not absolute across the board, but I think this is a tactic that the Giants brass need to implement more. IMO, I feel loyalty clouds their judgment sometimes especially with draft picks (ie Wilkerson, Moss, Kehl, Whimper) As for Bradshaw, I think we should think HARD about resigning him or letting him walk.

Its time to release Jacobs, we got all we needed from him and its time to move on. He's getting a good chuck of cash while he can't catch the out the backfield and doesn't run downhill 100% of the time.

I'll consider starting with entire new backfield or just resigning Bradshaw and getting another running partner.

Here are combinations I would be very pleased to have suit up for us in '11 and beyond:

Option A:Resign Bradshaw and draft one of these:
                      1. Leshore 5-11, 230 (IMO, the most complete back, the only issue he ran the rock out of a spread offense so it might take him some time to adjust to running out of pro sets)

2. Daniel Thomas 6-1, 230 Kansas St (The only thing I don't like about him is that he runs upright, but excluding that he has nice upside at the next level and good hands for a big back.)

3. Jamie Harper 5-11, 235 Clemson (has all the tools, just needs some good NFL caliber positional coaching.)

4. Alex Green 6-0 230 Hawaii (Very intriguing prospect)

5. Delonte Carter 5-9 225 Syracuse (Some injury concerns here, but a nice under the radar prospect)

Option B: Sign Michael Bush from the Raiders and draft one of these:

1. Shane Vereen 5-10, 205 CAL (Has surprising power for his size, one of the best 3rd down backs in this draft, excellent hands and will contribute on returning kicks.)

2. Derrick Locke 5-8, 185 Kentucky (The game changing ability that he presents is salivating, this is the type of player that can win you a game or two a season, all he needs to get is 12-15 touches through special teams, receiving and rushing. If you seen him run the ball you be surprised the BURST and decisiveness which he displays )

3. Craig Cooper 5-10, 205 THE U (Will contribute on special teams from day one and has good hands, wherever he goes in the draft hes going to be steal)

We must release Jacobs. The bottom line we need to address the RB position, I know we have other needs, but this should be on the list, if we can snatch someone with good hands and can contribute in our return game from day 1 I'll be happy and I'm not opposed to getting two backs in this draft my ideal combination would be either Daniel Thomas & Derrick Locke or Alex Green & Cooper. Any thoughts and comments please share.
                      Last edited by DOMINATEtheline; 02-17-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Michael Bush is an interesting option. RBs are dime a dozen though, I say we just draft one.

I was bored and was watching Giants highlights on youtube. Our defense is nasty when we zone blitz or play man. Goddammit Fewell...

Oh and JPP, I'm excited about him. I almost forgot how much promise he shown me last year. The guy is really going to be something if he just continues to work hard and absorb the defense and get reps in TC.

I'm ticked off that the Eagles got Washburn. Can you imagine what Washburn would've done with JPP?

Comment

Bradshaw and LeShoure is what I want

SPLOOSH

Comment

The more I watch Jacobs play the more I want that "bigback" project to end. I also want that very fast back. I wouldn't mind drafting noel D. later in the draft as the scat back. If we can get our OL to god like status, divine on his own can get a lot of yards. Jacobs has positive qualities, however, he needs the perfect OL to be good. I can also can't stand how he gets tripped up so easily. The guy has zero balance. I cant stand that aspect of his game. A big hole, he runs through it, and he looks like a crashing train rather than a back who is somewhat agile.

Comment

Michael Bush is an interesting option. RBs are dime a dozen though, I say we just draft one.

I was bored and was watching Giants highlights on youtube. Our defense is nasty when we zone blitz or play man. Goddammit Fewell...

Oh and JPP, I'm excited about him. I almost forgot how much promise he shown me last year. The guy is really going to be something if he just continues to work hard and absorb the defense and get reps in TC.

I'm ticked off that the Eagles got Washburn. Can you imagine what Washburn would've done with JPP?
                              Man, my pride and joy is our Defense and we have a coordinator thats not utilizing our CBs to their strengths! Its frustrating, Thomas was exposed greatly this yr because he's in zone coverage!!! Hes one of the best upcoming press corners in the NFL and he's playing zone! I don't understand.

JPP- I went to training camp last yr and I watched him exclusively, Reese really nailed this one. Man if he would of went back last yr and come out this yr he would of been a top 5 pick! He's phenomenal and he hustles! Once he gets his technique down pat and the game starts slowing down for him...LOOK OUT! He flashed last yr as a wide eye rookie! smh

Washburn- Look what he did with the titans front 4 and none of those guys have the athleticism that JPP has. Excellent hire by the Eagles.
                              james

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                                Bradshaw and LeShoure is what I want
                                You will have no complaints from me if thats our backfield moving forward. That one two punch should be deadly! I saw you picked Leshoure up in a forum mock! Good job, in round 2 now thats good value!
                                Last edited by DOMINATEtheline; 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information