Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: What are the Giants going to do about the OL this year?

If I'm not mistaken half of the OL from last year was cut, and the other half is older and declining (Deihl/McKenzie)?

Are there a bunch of promising rookies waiting in the wings that I'm not aware of? Mitch Petrus?

Are they planning to bring back Andrews/O'Hara/Seubert on less expensive deals? Or are they maybe going to sign any OL in free agency or trade for one?

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
      Question: What are the Giants going to do about the OL this year?

If I'm not mistaken half of the OL from last year was cut, and the other half is older and declining (Deihl/McKenzie)?

Are there a bunch of promising rookies waiting in the wings that I'm not aware of? Mitch Petrus?

Are they planning to bring back Andrews/O'Hara/Seubert on less expensive deals? Or are they maybe going to sign any OL in free agency or trade for one?
      Beatty is going to get a shot to be the starting LT. Diehl is going back to guard and Baas the Center they signed from the 49ers is the new starting center.

We have Petrus and we drafted James Brewer. Those are our young guys in the wings.

Seubert might get brought back but I don't think the other two will.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
        Beatty is going to get a shot to be the starting LT. Diehl is going back to guard and Baas the Center they signed from the 49ers is the new starting center.

We have Petrus and we drafted James Brewer. Those are our young guys in the wings.

Seubert might get brought back but I don't think the other two will.
        Oh yeah, I forgot about the Baas signing.

Now that you lay it out that way, it really doesn't look nearly as bad on paper. It all depends on how well Beatty plays at LT, I guess.

Comment

• Koets is solid too. And Snee has been taking practice snaps at Center.

Our interior oline is fine. I'm a little concerned about our OT positions.

If Beatty pans out, I think our best lineup would be:

LT: Beatty
          LG: Petrus
          C: Baas
          RG: Snee
          RT: Diehl

Beatty could make or break our oline. If he pans out we could have a very good oline, if not, we could have a mediocre one.

Comment

• that's more for the future though BBD, McKenzie has been absolutely stellar. Best RT in football last year IMO
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I just think father time catches up to McKenzie this year. I love his run blocking, but the guy is an average pass protector and isn't getting any younger.

Comment

• Well maybe our project pick next year will pan out, lol. Never fear friend! We will always go developmental pick.

Comment

• David Carr apparently might be coming back.

Comment

• I don't mind it. Once he got cut, I had a feeling we'd take a look at him. It was a mutually beneficial relationship. He was growing under our system, and we got a great scout team qb during practice.

Make him and Sage compete for the backup spot. Best man wins.

We're also looking at Ben Patrick. Could be legit interest, could also be a ploy to gain leverage on Boss in negotiations.

I am a little disturbed by the fact that Boss, Smith, Bradshaw, nor Prince has signed yet.

I guess all 4 of them are using the Aug. 5th leverage to their advantage with contract negotiations. Even if they sign now, they can't practice till the 5th so I guess they're all trying to buy as much time as they can to drive up their price.

Comment

• ClaytonESPN John Clayton
                      During the conversation between the Giants and Osi U, the team told him if they would shop him they would ask for a No. 1 pick

and

Jason Snelling possibly to the Giants

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-possibility/

Comment

• Well i could see the ravens possibly giving us a #1, but Seattle? They most likely wont make the playoffs.

If they do offer a first round pick, I take it and run. Thats easily a top 15 pick w/ them playing two strong divisions (AFC North and NFC EAST) and ATL and CHI.

Comment

• The Giants told Osi's agent he can seek a trade. I really think it's a big mistake to let him go even though he's acting like a baby. The strength of our team is the D-Line and with Osi out and 1 injury to Tuck, Kiwi, or JPP we completely lose that.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If the Seahawks offer up a first, we need to take it without hesitation. They are probably going to be among the bottom five teams this season. But hopefully, we find a way to solve the situation and keep Osi without having to break the bank. He needs to understand that the Giants have a tough cap situation and still have important free agents to resign.

And we need to resign Smith, Boss and Bradshaw. We can't downgrade our skill positions on offense while the Eagles keep stacking up on defense.

EDIT: Damn, saw the news right after i posted. Well this means JPP better live up to his potential this season, or we're screwed. I don't think we can count on Kiwi with that type of injury(hope i'm wrong here)
                            Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian; 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                            JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• Fewell admitted to protecting Phillips last year after his knee injury and this year will be able to let him loose again. Sounds like he's a lot better a full year removed.

Comment

• If we get rid of Osi we're going to need a new DE. Are there any good ones available still?
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information