Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really liked the Baas signing for you guys. And your UDFA looks very promising too. The rest... meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      The Osi thing as a football move is going to hurt us so much even though I'm pissed as hell he's acting like a whiny little baby. I really don't want to see him get traded. With the Bradshaw deal being less than I thought I wouldn't mind if they gave Osi a little more money for the next 2 years so make him happy again.
      I dont mind either way right now, give him a bone or get a first. Osi's play has declined despite the stats and what other people say who dont understand football more than casually.

Osi's physicality and rushmoves, where the hell did they go? He cant hold up vs the run. Its true he gives us these great sack fumbles, but at the same time he hurts us. You guys know this, yet you want him back because we've grown to love him for those great plays and look over everything else. Well we dont need to deal with that, we have talent behind him, its time to move on.

All Osi does is shoot around the LT, basically just running around him. If he does this and doesn't get the QB, the entire left side is open. True that he forces the QB further up in the pocket, but with mobile QB's we will be dead bc thats all he does. Our LB's cant cover that ground well enough that we can afford this.

Bottom line is, we can wait a few years and watch him lose his spot to JPP or Kiwi, or we can trade him for a high draft pick and get a player in a year that will help us. He gets his money, a starting position, and we get a high pick with a chance at an unproven commodity.
      Last edited by BaLLiN; 08-01-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Really liked the Baas signing for you guys. And your UDFA looks very promising too. The rest... meh.
        I dont think much of the rest is going to make the team, maybe ben patrick and probably weatherford.

Comment

• Osi isn't as good as was before the injury but he's still a top 4-3 DE in football. Like I've been saying we're a team built around the D-Line and losing our 2nd best player off that line is going to hurt no matter how you want to justify it.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Osi isn't as good as was before the injury but he's still a top 4-3 DE in football. Like I've been saying we're a team built around the D-Line and losing our 2nd best player off that line is going to hurt no matter how you want to justify it.
            And what if the coaches think JPP or Kiwi is better? Personally I think JPP could be better than Osi (is at the moment not at his peak) as soon as this season.

Comment

• I honestly think Kiwi should start every down over Osi, and Osi only comes in on pass rushing situations. But there's no way his ego would allow that plus it would drive his trade value way down. Honestly, I liked Osi but if we can get rid of him for some good value I am all for it. I trust Tuck, Kiwi, and JPP (even Tolly if he stays on as a 4th DE motor guy).

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Kiwi and Tuck are way too injury prone for my liking to rely on them for a full season. JPP showed flashes last year but he is not ready to be a full down player.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If, now this is a huge if, Tuck and Kiwi are healthy, Osi is not a huge loss at all especially if we get a 1st from Seattle for him. Tuck-Joseph-Canty-Kiwi with JPP and Austin rotating in and potentially Sintim if we move him to DE and sign a guy like McIntosh or Lawson that's a very solid D

SPLOOSH

Comment

• When did we sign Ryan Perrilloux?
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Giants waived Chad Jones injured today BUT it's only a procedural move. Expected to remain with the team on non-football injury list #nyg

Comment

When did we sign Ryan Perrilloux?
                        They signed him according to Google searches around January.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                          They signed him according to Google searches around January.
                          Thanks. I definitely missed that during the year.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            just saw that. Actually i think i'd be fine osi for curry. I just dont know what to think of this whole osi situation, ugh
                            I suggested an Osi for Curry trade as a possibility some time ago, it would be good for both sides.

another could be David Hawthorne and a second

but the most likely remains a first rounder

There is no reason to be upset with Osi, frankly he deserves his pay day.
                            He is scheduled to make what $7.1 over the next two years, and considering the contract Charles Johnson signed, Osi is worth around a 5 year $65 mil deal. He is 29 and this is his shot to get the money to set him up for life.
                            Unfortunately for the Giants we can't afford to pay him, thats life under the salary cap. I don't have anything against Osi.
                            Osi will get traded I think and we will get good value. The fact is we drafted JPP to replace Osi so it isn't unexpected.

Comment

• What about making a deal for John Carlson if the Seahawks go through and sign Zach Miller?

I am not talking about a Osi for Carlson. Just Carlson in general.

Comment

• I want to keep Osi, and for some reason I have a feeling we do wind up keeping him.

A 1st is a steep price at this point in the season, plus whatever team signs him will need to pay him big bucks, so I don't know if it happens.

This is what I think happens:

-The Giants listen to Osi ***** and moan, then tell him he can seek a trade if he wants, knowing full well that if he does find that trade, we make out fine bc we get a 1st, but if he can't find a trade, then we get to keep him so win/win situation for the team.

-This makes Osi happy. He tells his agent to go looking around and he has no ill feelings towards the organization bc they held their end of the deal.

-Osi can't find a trade partner. Left scratching his head.

-The Giants come up to Osi and say hey look, we can't find a trade partner, so take this marginal bump in salary for the remainder of your contract and like it.

-Osi thinks about it.

-Osi accepts the offer.

-Osi talks about how he always wanted to stay with the Giants and how he's not a distraction or bad teammate and how he's going to go earn his next contract blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information